Question about Measles and Mumps and Pregnancy - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-21-2009, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did not immunize my youngest child who is now two years old. I have not been on this board much since I did my original research when making my decision. Now I am pregnant with my 6th child and and I remember reading about pregnant women should not be around measles or mumps. (I can't remember which one) I have done a search on here but did not come up with anything. I was vaxed as a child and wondering is there a risk to me or the baby (11 weeks along) if my son was to get either of the diseases?

LDS, natural birthing,, , mom to 6 super fun crazy kids!
#2 of 3 Old 01-21-2009, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's actually Rubella which is considered dangerous to contract while pregnant. It can lead to miscarriage and birth defects if you got Rubella while pregnant. They usually check your immunity during routine bloodwork early on in the pregnancy. Most likely you are immune to this. I don't think measles or mumps is particularly More dangerous than any other viral illness while pregnant. I think the danger of miscarraige lies in possibility of having a high temp. But that could happen with any illness really. The possibility of your son getting any of these problems while you are pregnant is pretty slim IMO. Besides it is a live virus vaccine and they tell pregnant women to avoid those vaccines, and I would think that should include being around those that may Shed the viruses.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 3 Old 01-21-2009, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.*********/m/butler2.html

Hilary Butler used to post here as Momteauma Tautara.

I would follow a Brewer Diet and make sure you are eating foods with lots of vitamin A.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page