divorce and international travel - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-28-2009, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd and ds are 8 and 6. I got a religious exemption for both of them (we live in FL) before enrolling them in a private daycare at ages 4 and 2. Their father and I divorced when they were 5 1/2 and 3 1/2. When I asked him to consent to the children getting passports, he replied, "Get a court order," so I filed a motion. His response listed many objections, none of them vaccine related, and I was granted permission to apply for and receive the passports. However, when I asked the court at a later hearing to give me a week over winter break to take the kids to the Caribbean, his attorney brought up the fact that they were unvaccinated. The judge's response was to grant permission for the trip only if they received the vaccines agreed to by him. When I asked him which vaccines he wanted, he referred me to the CDC's recommended vaccinations for international travel! Now I'm wondering, do I have to worry about him seeking an injunction the next time I make plans to travel internationally? How strong is my position if we have shared parental responsibility (I am the primary residential custodian) and the exemptions were obtained 15 months before the dissolution?

Thanks!

rebecca : wife of soulmate andrew and mom to dd morgan (10/00), ds benjamin (10/02), and dd alice (04/07)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-28-2009, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would look for an anti-vax group, like VacLib, both in and out of your area/state and see if you can get some advice.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page