I'm new. Do you have older children never vaccinated? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-19-2009, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 3 year old daughter has severe food allergies. She had an anaphylactic reaction to vaccines at 15 months (she got her final DTaP, Polio, Hib/Hep). She never got the MMR or Chickenpox or flu vaccine as allergist had told us before to avoid those with gelatin because of her allergies.

I have read "Raising a Vaccine Free Child" and "How to Raise a Healthy Child Despite Your Doctor" and agree.

However I thought I would do the DTaP shot with my new baby but now I don't want to do that one either. He is 3 months and vaccine-free; I planned to start DTaP at 4 months, but I just don't want to anymore. I was worried about Pertussis, but it seems like vaccinated kids are getting it and adults and adolescents anyway so what's the point.

I have already gotten exemption papers from the state before he was born and a letter from the ped. office stating my daughters reaction and how any of her siblings are at increased risk of an adverse reaction etc.

My question is, do any of you have older healthy kids that haven't had problems not doing vaccines?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2009, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Yes, my 11 yo dd and my 9 yo ds are completely unvaccinated. They are strong and healthy - no chronic/immune function problems, ie asthma, eczema, allergies or intolerances, no ear infections, pneumonia, no antiboitics etc. They are well adjusted, ie no behavioral/impulse issues. They have never required a sick visit to the doctors in their lives. The only VAD (vaccine available disease) they have definitely had is chicken pox, although I suspect they probably had whooping cough a few years ago, but it was so mild, that it was no more than a nuisance.

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 02-20-2009, 06:53 AM

I went to chiropractic school with some never-vaccinated adults. They were the absolute healthiest people I've ever known. They rarely got sick, but when they did get sick, they took care of themselves. They made themselves a priority, did not drug themselves to do things, they took it as a rest time, got through it, and came back when well. I tell you, that is a lovely thing to do!

I had all the vaxes out there until I was out of HS in '87, and I'm NOT a healthy person. I've been healthier since I emulate my non-vaxed classmates and just let the illness take over and really take the time to get through it without drugging, but I'm still nowhere near as healthy as those adults continue to be.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:57 AM

I have a 6 yo old and a 9 yo old ds, never vaccinated. Soooooo healthy!! And, like Milkybean, I know adults who are unvaxed, and they're super healthy, too!
Old 02-20-2009, 11:04 AM

I just wanted to add that when I was getting my first ds into Playschool, they were asking for vax papers and I told her we don't do them. She was a doctor's wife (you probably know where this is going lol). Anyhow, she was like, 'Oh, well, you might want to rethink it. Whooping cough went around here and everyone was super sick for the longest time. My girls were in bed for a month, and they were both vaxed."

I said, "Hmmm...then you're not making a very good case for vaxing. In pertussis cases where vaxed versus non-vaxed got the disease, the non-vaxed heal much faster, if they get it at all."

She digressed. It just seemed funny to me that she was trying to sell me on vaxes when she didn't have a leg to stand on.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:26 PM

OK, my children are both adults (29 & almost 26), and had only DT and oral polio vaxes. (and I'm not sure that ds--the younger one ever had all of his). They seem to have turned out fine. They did both get chicken pox (the disease, that is) when they were about 10 & 7, I think, but that was before the vax was available.

DD did need to have her tonsils out when she was about 10 or 11. I put it off for quite a long time, but she was much healthier after the surgery.

My children were small before many of the vaxes that are available now were developed. DS was just going into pre-school when the HIB came out.

My grandson is 16mo, and only has had Synegis (sp?) last winter, because he was born at 31w, but that's not technically a vax. He hasn't had any vaccines and except for a couple of colds, has been completely healthy.

Anne who hasn't had time to make a siggy yet, but has 2 children by birth, 1 by marriage, a grandson on earth, and a granddaughter in heaven
Old 02-20-2009, 09:31 PM

My 8,6, and 4 year children are not vaccinated at all. I wasn't vaccinated until I was 13 yrs old and my mom enrolled me into public school for the first time. I don't even know what I got, whatever was "required" at the time, I suppose. The only childhood illness I had was chicken pox. We lived in India for 2 years when I was 4/5 yrs old and the worst I got was diarrhea and boils.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:16 AM

My midwife has 8 unvaxed children and the oldest is in his early twenties; she stopped vaxing after bad reactions in her first.

My second is 100% vax free and will be 3 in June. The pertussis component is so reactive I'd never give that vax; in anycase it does not prevent infection or transmission.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ht=DTaP+scream

The scream is called cry-encephalitis. The cause is infection of the brain from the vaccine virus/bacteria.
When the body is injected with virus/bacteria it can travel to the brain and cause encephalitis.
Encephalitis can be a reaction to any vaccine but the DTaP is notorious for it.

Encephalitis without being vaccinated generally follows an illness.
When it happens due to an illness, the doctor will treat it in the correct way.

But when you call and give the exact same symptoms and the doctor knows the child has just been vaccinated, he will tell you it is a normal reaction to the vaccine and will simply say to give the child some tylenol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It has been established that pertussis and measles-containing vaccines cause encephalitis. For the purposes of VICP guidelines, onset of encephalitits from pertussis-containing vaccines is 24-48 hours and between day five and fifteen for the MMR, M, MR and R vaccines.

From the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program in the late 80's:

The neurologic signs and symptoms of encephalopathy may be temporary with complete recovery or may result in various degrees of permanent impairment.

Signs and symptoms such as high-pitched and unusual screaming, persistent inconsolable crying, and bulging fontanel are compatible with an encephalopathy, but in and of themselves are not conclusive evidence of encephalopathy
. Encephalopathy usually can be documented by slow wave activity on an electroencephalogram.

Today it reads:

The following clinical features alone, or in combination, do not demonstrate an acute encephalopathy or a significant change in either mental status or level of consciousness as described above: Sleepiness, irritability (fussiness), high-pitched and unusual screaming, persistent inconsolable crying, and bulging fontanelle. Seizures in themselves are not sufficient to constitute a diagnosis of encephalopathy. In the absence of other evidence of an acute encephalopathy, seizures shall not be viewed as the first symptom or manifestation of the onset of an acute encephalopathy.

FTR, they have put a name to this adverse reaction: Crying Syndrome or Screaming Syndrome.

Now to put things into perspective -- how many parents of the of the signficiant number children who have experienced this type of reaction are told to go to the emergency room in order to do the necessary testing for encephalitis?

In just a ten year period (1991-2001), there were 10,000 reports of unusual crying and screaming syndrome. Just in this period alone. Couple that with the fact that just a tiny amount of vaccine adverse events are even reported . . .~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the neurologist concensus from the early 90's :
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Citation

" it was the consensus of the neurologists attending the workshop, that these do not represent febrile convulsions, but are non-benign convulsions. The incidence of post-vaccine encephalopathy is difficult to ascertain."

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
Old 02-23-2009, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larkedyflarp View Post
My question is, do any of you have older healthy kids that haven't had problems not doing vaccines?
What kind of problems do you mean? I have older children, my oldest just turned 14, then we have 11, 10, 9, 7, 5 and three, and they have had no medical or social problems from not being completely vaccinated. My oldest two received partial vaccinations, both reacted terribly, and now are dx'ed autistic (to be fair, my 7 yo has a dx of adhd, and my 5yo has an aspergers dx)

My husband is the oldest of eight children who were never vaccinated. None of them had any medical or social problems, not with jobs, health care, etc. They have had most of the childhood diseases with no complications.

In addition, in my MIL's generation, there were ten never vaccinated children. None of them had any complications as a direct result of childhood diseases. My MIL was one of three children taken by the state and forcibly vaccinated. She died at 47 of heart disease, and the other two have mental health issues. Seems suspicious that out of thirteen, the only one with issues were the three who were vaxed.

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

Old 02-23-2009, 03:10 AM

I have a 10 y, 7y, almost 4y, and 1 y. None are vaxxed. They are all healthy, no allergies, no asthma, no autoimmune disorders, no autism, adhd, etc. Everyone is strong, rarely sick, and when they do get sick, they throw it off pretty quickly (except for the pertussis we are currently dealing with).
Old 02-24-2009, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

gardenmommy,

how are your kids dealing with the pertussis, especially the 1 year old?

My MIL sees a chiropractor and it's family run and she said the adult children that work at the chiropractor's never had vaccines either. Interesting.

It seems to me that none of these old illnesses are going to be causing big problems, it would probably be something new that comes up.

Multimomma- I guess by "problems" I meant got the diseases like pertussis, measles etc. and had some horrible problem getting over the disease or it was fatal or something?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larkedyflarp View Post
gardenmommy,

how are your kids dealing with the pertussis, especially the 1 year old?

My MIL sees a chiropractor and it's family run and she said the adult children that work at the chiropractor's never had vaccines either. Interesting.

It seems to me that none of these old illnesses are going to be causing big problems, it would probably be something new that comes up.

Multimomma- I guess by "problems" I meant got the diseases like pertussis, measles etc. and had some horrible problem getting over the disease or it was fatal or something?

Well, it took me awhile to figure out what it was, so I didn't start treating it properly soon enough. If I had, it would have been much easier for them. We were traveling at the beginning of the illness, too, so I am sure that stress contributed to the problem. If I had been able to really access online stuff, I think I could have figured it out. I also was limited to treating them with what I had brought in my "pharmacy"; there weren't a lot of good options for natural health stores, so it was hard to add to what I had brought.

With all that, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My #2 and #4 had it the worst. It was hard watching them cough so hard they nearly turned purple. We figured out that a vaporizer at night helped, vit. C helped (if only I had had some SA!), drinking plenty of water, being outside in fresh air helped.

The first 3 weeks were the hardest. Since that time, it has been more a matter of just staying healthy, since every time you get another respiratory virus, it triggers that horrible spasmodic cough. I am hoping that we can just stay healthy for the next several months so that the DC's lungs can heal before we see my ILs again. My MIL was all over how bad the coughing was; I think she thought I was negligent for not finding a Dr. to take the kids to see. I knew that we wouldn't use abx, and that whatever it was, their bodies could take care of it with the proper support. Next time we travel, I will just make sure we take plenty of SA.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyBlue View Post
I just wanted to add that when I was getting my first ds into Playschool, they were asking for vax papers and I told her we don't do them. She was a doctor's wife (you probably know where this is going lol). Anyhow, she was like, 'Oh, well, you might want to rethink it. Whooping cough went around here and everyone was super sick for the longest time. My girls were in bed for a month, and they were both vaxed."

I said, "Hmmm...then you're not making a very good case for vaxing. In pertussis cases where vaxed versus non-vaxed got the disease, the non-vaxed heal much faster, if they get it at all."

She digressed. It just seemed funny to me that she was trying to sell me on vaxes when she didn't have a leg to stand on.
Thats hilarious. She basically just gave you are argument NOT to vax.

to the op: None of my kids have had any vaxes. Oldest is 11. They have had WC. I exposed them to CP but they didn't get it. So not sure if they are immune or what. Was kinda bummed about it. We haven't caught anything else, at least that I know of. They do get the typical colds, flus, stomach ailments. Nothing to see the dr about usually.

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:58 PM

My DS is 6 - no vaccinations.
He is very healthy. He had chicken pox last year and dealt with it very well - I was impressed that he practically had no itch. When I saw the first characteristic blisters I was afraid of the coming weeks of trying to keep him from scratching, but nothing of the sort happened.

We lived 4 years in the tropics (just about to move actually) - tons of scratches, spikes, thorns, insects and even beefworms (big worms that live under the skin...).
I'm very happy I took the no-vax decision and I maintain it.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:54 AM

Just wanted to say that I know a few non vaxed adults and they are super healthy, me I was vaxed as a child and was quite sick as a child in the sense that I never got colds or the flu but was always tired and never felt good. I also had issues with my weight. All of this was from the toxins in the vaccines, I know this now and I could care less what some big pharma expert has to say. I have had titers drawn and have no immunity to any of the childhood diseases, so much for vaccines working.

Doing my research on vaccines and disease I have come to the conclusion that the ONLY way to immunity to the childhood diseases is to have had the illness. These things are not scary, they are not killers, but they are big profit for the drug companies if they can frighten people into vaxing.

The interesting thing is NO ONE has ever done a study on what happens if you stop the human body from having a childhood disease. I personally think that we have evolved to actually need these diseases as part of the immune systems normal development.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:57 PM

My kids are 8 yrs and 5 yrs old (nearly 9 and 6 yrs!). Neither was ever vaxed. Both of them are very healthy. In fact, my son has only ever been to an MD once and that was for strep. My DD has NEVER been to the MD. Both my kids got chicken pox two years ago and barely noticed it. It was more of an inconvience than anything because we couldn't take them out for fear of ....gasp....exposing CP to others. In fact, when they had CP they each had about half a dozen spots and were out playing in the snow!

My kids rarely get sick. Neither of my kid have been sick since last spring (March 2008) so almost a year now.

goorganic.jpgsaynovax.gif Daycare Provider Who Strives To Encourage Children To Follow Their Innate

www.allnaturaldaycare.com
Old 03-02-2009, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

It is so reassuring to hear about your older children!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My 3 children are 3, 6 and 8 years old and are completely unvaxxed. They have all had chicken pox and they are all completely healthy. Vaccines scare the hell out of me to be honest. I have severe health problems and autoimmune disease and I strongly believe it was all the vaccines as a child.

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06

User Tag List