WTH am I supposed to do now? I'm ready to cry. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-19-2009, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so DD is vaxed but I decided to stop at the varicella and MMR. We did not do those. I also did not go to her well baby visit at 18 months. So now, I am in a BAD situation and need to get welfare ASAP.

At her last physical which was 12 months, my mom brought DD and my DD's pediatrician called and was very concerned that I was not doing the chicken pox and the MMR. I told her I wanted to delay the MMR until 2 and would RECONSIDER then. I said I would absolutely NOT do the CHIX POX. She agreed and seemed satisfied.

Well, I have all my paperwork and the only thing is left is that immunization paper.

It gives a box for religious or medical reasons.

So I bring the form up to my pedi's office and the lady at the desk just looks at me like I am this horrible substandard parent. I had to go down to my MW appt and told them I would return after to collect the form.

so I am thinking they are going to give it to my DR. I go up and the lady (this a SECRETARY), says "We couldn't sign it, I printed up the vaxes she has had." and then dismisses me. The form says right on it what it is for. You would think they would realize it was serious and very important. So I start to say something and she goes to get the office manager. Who comes out with a BAD attitude and says "WE ARE NOT SIGNING THIS". I ask him why and he says that I at the last visit stated DD had already had teh Varicella elsewhere, I said that was untrue and then he just kept repeating LOUDLY that I had no kept my well child visit at 18 months and did not vaccinate my child up to date and stating they were not signing it, he then tries to just walk away like I am going to give up. I asked to see my DR. So I sit down, i wait for 20 minutes and then get up and ask the secretary if my PEDI had even seen it. She just looked at me and hesitated andsaid , "The office manager". I asked her to please give it to MY PEDIATRICIAN. She asked me not to give her an attitude and I told her I was tired of being treated like a criminal and a substandard parent. I told her the office manager was not a medical professional and did not have a medical degree and that NO WHERE on the form did it ask for an office managers signature. I also told her their rudeness was unacceptable and contrary to their ill conceived notions, I was a very responsible parent who had done her research and presented MY DR with medical and philisophical reasons WHY I did not want to do the vaccines. So at this point MR WONDERFUL OFFICE MANAGER comes back out. I told him he was rude and very insensitive. I also asked him when I had hired him as my childs pediatrician and to see his medical degree. He began speaking and said he was not a DR. I told him to please leave it with my PHYSICIAN with a note to call me.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, that was horrible. So now I am wondering what is going to happen with this. I really do not want to give Abrielle either of these vaccines, but she needs to eat and have a place to live more than not to have vaccines. I do not have time to argue and present them with paperwork.

I am wondering if I can use the religion card or if they are going to require paperwork.

I plan to find a new pediatrician who will be willing to sign the form for Glori when she comes and it is a little more tolerant of other views, but it looks like I am going to have to vaccinate my 2 year old.

I'm ready to cry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 03:31 AM

VERY few Drs will sign a medical exemption even with cause.

Medical Drs do not sign religious exemptions, the Parent signs religious exemptions. Don't discuss your religious exemption with the Dr.'s office. You don't need to explain yourself to your case worker either.

Just turn in a religious exemption to the school and be done with it. K, just saw this is for Welfare though it does not change anything as you can knowledgeably choose not to vaccinate. The $50 monetary deduction that they may threaten you with is for people neglecting to vaccinate; they are not entitled to force you to medicate your child. Use the letter below and take it to your bank to get notarized. Just write "see attached Religious Exemption Letter" in the vaccine part of the medical form.

Quote:
ALM GL ch. 76, § 15 (2007)
§ 15. Vaccination and Immunization; Exceptions by Reason of Physical Condition or Religious Belief.
No child shall, except as hereinafter provided, be admitted to school except upon presentation of a physician's certificate that the child has been successfully immunized against diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, measles and poliomyelitis and such other communicable diseases as may be specified from time to time by the department of public health.
A child shall be admitted to school upon certification by a physician that he has personally examined such child and that in his opinion the physical condition of the child is such that his health would be endangered by such vaccination or by any of such immunizations. Such certification shall be submitted at the beginning of each school year to the physician in charge of the school health program. If the physician in charge of the school health program does not agree with the opinion of the child's physician, the matter shall be referred to the department of public health, whose decision will be final.
In the absence of an emergency or epidemic of disease declared by the department of public health, no child whose parent or guardian states in writing that vaccination or immunization conflicts with his sincere religious beliefs shall be required to present said physician's certificate in order to be admitted to school.
CODE OF MASSACHUSETTS REGULATIONS
TITLE 102: GROUP DAY CARE AND SCHOOL AGE CHILD CARE PROGRAMS
CHAPTER 7.00: STANDARDS FOR THE LICENSURE OR APPROVAL OF GROUP DAY CARE AND SCHOOL AGE CHILD CARE PROGRAMS

102 CMR 7.09 Enrollment (2007)
(5) Required Medical Examinations.
(a) In Group Day Care Programs:
6. The licensee shall require, at admission, a physician's certificate that each child has been successfully immunized in accordance with the current Department of Public Health's recommended schedules against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), poliomyelitis, measles and such other communicable diseases as may be specified from time to time by the Office. No child shall be required, under 102 CMR 7.00 to have any such immunization if his parent(s) objects thereto, in writing, on the grounds that it conflicts with their religious beliefs or if the child's physician submits documentation that such a procedure is contraindicated.

Your religious beliefs can change, so you can exempt a previously vaxed child. You could also pretend your child is not vaxed to make life easier.

Some states, like NY(contact Gary Krasner for help -- On the NYS form they request that your letter:

-explains why are you are requesting the exemption
-describes the religious principles that guide your objection to vaxes
-indicates whether you are opposed to all vaxes, and if not, why you are opposed to some vaxes but not others

As long as your letter covered those 3 points then they shouldn't ask for any "supporting evidence".)

and NJ allow the state to question the sincerity of your beliefs; the following is VERY important.

-For a religious exemption you need to be "against the practice of vaccination". If you give your reasons to be against vaccinations as:

"I'm against vaccination because they use aborted fetal cells" - This is a philosophical reason.

"I'm against pre-marital sex and some vaxes are for sexually transmitted diseases." This is a philosophical reason.

Again, you have to be against the the practice of vaccination. For a more through explanation of why this is read the Wexler decision below.

-Also, you DO NOT have to be a member of a religion doctrinally opposed to vaccination. You can be Wiccan, Lutheran, Catholic, Jewish, church of the flip flops, and still claim a religious exemption do to your personal religious beliefs against the practice of vaccination. Dr. Mercola does a good job of explaining this in my Religious Exemptions link below (you may have to register to read it).

-One more thing, you do not want to include specific biblical verses as your interpretation could be challenged. You need to describe your personal religious beliefs.

-Require that all questions regarding your exemption be in writing and give answers in writing. Do not give verbal responses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Religious Exemptions

The Wexler Decision

To find out what exemptions are offered by your state (for school and such) check here:
http://www.nvic.org/state-site/state-exemptions.htm

http://www.novaccine.com/law-exemptions/

All states except West Virginia and Mississippi offer religious and/or philosophical exemptions, and the supreme court ruled that you do not have to belong to a non-vaxing religion or have clergy sign your religious exemption. Exemptions can be submitted in lieu of vaccination records (I would do it this way).

Quote:
State mandatory vaccination laws have their roots in the 1905 U.S. Supreme Court decision, Jacobsen v Massachusetts. A Swedish Lutheran pastor, Reverend Henning Jacobsen and his son objected to a law requiring revaccination with smallpox vaccine because they had suffered severe reactions to the first vaccination. The nine Supreme Court justices at the turn of the century denied Jacobsen and his lawyers the right to present scientific evidence for harm caused by the smallpox vaccine, preferring to believe the lawyers representing public health officials who convinced them that doctors could predict ahead of time who would be injured by vaccination.
100wds.

A US Federal Court ruling (binding on NY only) that determined that you do not have to belong to a particular religion to use a religious exemption is:
Sherr v. Northport-East Northport Union Free Sch. Dist., 672 F. Supp. 81, 89-90 (E.D. N.Y. 1987)
http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/consent.htm

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/...es_chptr13.htm

Sample Religious Exemption Letter
:

Quote:

To whom it may concern;

(We / I) {First and Last name(s)}, as the {(parent (s) / guardian(s)} of ______________________(name of newborn child) declare that we are opposed to the practice of vaccination due to our genuine and sincere religious beliefs.

The U.S. Supreme Court held in Frazee V. Illinois Dept. of Security, 489 U.S. 829, that a religious belief is subject to protection even though no religious group espouses such beliefs or the fact that the religious group to which the individual professes to belong may not advocate or require such belief. This ruling is also reflected in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended Nov. 1, 1980; Part 1605.1-Guidelines on Discrimination Because of Religion.

Sincerely,

Your signature.
Date

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
Old 03-20-2009, 03:43 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeline II View Post
VERY few Drs will sign a medical exemption even with cause.

Medical Drs do not sign religious exemptions, the Parent signs religious exemptions.

Just turn in a religious exemption to the school and be done with it.
Only she isn't needing the form for school - she is asking about the form for qualifying for welfare.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton View Post
Only she isn't needing the form for school - she is asking about the form for qualifying for welfare.

I addressed that...right after I talked about school.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
Old 03-20-2009, 12:13 PM

Everyone gets financial incentives for vaccination. State government and federal government related businesses the most. That's one reason school nurses hound parents so much and don't mention exemptions.

The pedi's office personnel will get annoyed because they vaccinate. That's what they do. Someone challenging vaccination is challenging what they believe in and do. The defensiveness and anger they put out is in response to cognitive dissonance. Psychologically they cannot allow themselves to think vaccines are not good. You can't rationally deal with someone like this because they are irrational.

It's good to remember why and how the system is set up and why people are as they are. That way you don't have to attach to their stuff. You can say a prayer that they will open their hearts and minds and then let it go.

The religious exemption is all you need and it is not for a doctor to be involved. They may huff and puff, but will have to accept it. No one can make you engage in a medical practice you do not choose for your child (except in very rare circumstances).

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. - Oscar Wilde
Old 03-20-2009, 12:17 PM

Yep, claim religious exemption. Print off a letter stating that you are opposed to vaccinations due to sincere religious beliefs and leave it at that. Getting a MD to sign a medical exemption from is pretty difficult. At least, I think that is what you were trying to get them to sign. I am not sure though.

Anyway, just claim religious exemption. Then find a new doctor ASAP. Look in the Finding your Tribe section to get some recommendations. Schedule a well baby visit and have that documented.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 03-20-2009, 12:44 PM

If it is a religious exemption you dont need a Dr. to sign it.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 03-20-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
Anyway, just claim religious exemption. Then find a new doctor ASAP. Look in the Finding your Tribe section to get some recommendations. Schedule a well baby visit and have that documented.

If she is on medicaid she might not be able to switch easily.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
I addressed that...right after I talked about school.
You edited after I posted - just was trying to make sure that people were giving her helpful information based on her situation.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:54 PM

If you claim a religious exemption couldn't that bite you in the but later if they find out you already started vaccinations and decided not to after the fact kind of thing?

Just wondering the details. I'm still trying to figure out the paper work for school. :

Kimberly : momma to Karrigan Kayla : and wife of Kevin
Old 03-20-2009, 01:15 PM

No because religious beliefs can change over time.

My dd is almost fully vaxed and I gave religious exempt to the school. Ds go his 2 and 4 month shots then I stopped he will have a religious exempt. as well.

On dd's physical form I turned in it even shows the vax's she has had in the past.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 03-20-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyD0 View Post
If you claim a religious exemption couldn't that bite you in the but later if they find out you already started vaccinations and decided not to after the fact kind of thing?

Just wondering the details. I'm still trying to figure out the paper work for school. :
You can find religion at any point. As long as you don't do any vaxes AFTER you do a religious exemption, you're fine.

-Angela
Old 03-20-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:

KimberlyDO. Your in Ontario so it is simple to get an exemption and there are no limits on it.
http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/canada.htm
http://www.search.e-laws.gov.on.ca/e...tutes&context=

From what I have read here about Religious Exemptions in the US once submitted you can't vax anymore or it would make it invalid. But you can change your religious conviction at anytime so any vaxes you did before you submit the religious exemption won't be a problem.

Wife to DH, Mom to my Intact Boys DS1: Born 02 Pain Med Free Hospital Birth, BF'ed for 9 Months, Partially Vax'd DS2: Born 06 via UC, BF'ed 3 years 10 months, and UnVax'd
Old 03-20-2009, 01:23 PM

Unless your state has the vax registry you could get away with selective vax after you get the religious exempt. My state has one but I cant imagine them checking all the kids on it to make sure no one is sneaking vax lol

Old 03-20-2009, 02:06 PM

Thank you. I wasn't sure how that worked.

Kimberly : momma to Karrigan Kayla : and wife of Kevin
Old 03-20-2009, 03:03 PM

Like others have noted, it's unlikely that you'll get a doc to sign off on a medical exemption. Claim a religious exemption, and do not give the welfare office ANY vaccine records.

Quote:

It's doable, you just have to be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
Unless your state has the vax registry you could get away with selective vax after you get the religious exempt. My state has one but I cant imagine them checking all the kids on it to make sure no one is sneaking vax lol
Personally I think that's why they're starting to make vax registries mandatory, though ... schools know that more and more families are choosing not to vaccinate, and they'll trip them up in any way they can.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
Old 03-20-2009, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

I talked to my MW and she gave me a name of a DR.

The Welfare worker actually ASKED me what religion I was. She said it would be a tough "sell" ???

I copied Emmelines letter and I will be forwarding that.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMindedMomma View Post
It's still unlikely you'll get a medical exemption. You pretty much have to be able to prove that it would be life-threatening to give your kid the vax, it's only for individual vaxes, and it can be rescinded when/if a doc decides it's "safe" for your kid to have the vaccine.

Quote:
A child shall be admitted to school upon certification by a physician that he has personally examined such child and that in his opinion the physical condition of the child is such that his health would be endangered by such vaccination or by any of such immunizations. Such certification shall be submitted at the beginning of each school year to the physician in charge of the school health program. If the physician in charge of the school health program does not agree with the opinion of the child's physician, the matter shall be referred to the department of public health, whose decision will be final.
http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/sta...achusetts.aspx

Quote:
The Welfare worker actually ASKED me what religion I was. She said it would be a tough "sell" ???
"Tough sell", my hairy butt. Welfare is gov't subsidized, and they have to follow the law just like everyone else and accept exemptions.

She's just trying to dissuade you/intimidate you. Don't let her. And tell her your religion is none of her damn business.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
Old 03-20-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
"Tough sell", my hairy butt. Welfare is gov't subsidized, and they have to follow the law just like everyone else and accept exemptions.
That made me literally

It is my understanding that it is illegal to ask you what religion you are. It dosnt have to be a organized religion either. the church we attend has no stance on vax. My own Personal strongly held "religious" beliefs are what I go by. Even if you are an atheist you can use the religious exemption.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

I used the letter template that Emmeline gave. I will send it today. They cannot deny me benefits, I should have known that. It's discrimination.

I found the new Dr so I dont have to feel bad about it when I go to the Dr with Abrielle.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:45 PM

Whilst looking for info on this thread, I came across this 2003 memo from Gov. Mitt Romney's office.

Quote:
Nonetheless, requesting a child to submit to immunization, even if counter to the child’s or parents’ religious beliefs, is “generally viewed as constitutional.” Long before statutorily established religious exemptions to school immunization requirements existed, the Massachusetts SJC and the Supreme Court recognized that religious beliefs must sometimes defer to regulations that protect the general health of the public.
Quote:
The Massachusetts school immunization statute, however, along with almost every like statute in the nation, does contain a religious exemption from the immunization requirement out of respect for the religious practices of families in the Commonwealth. While not constitutionally obligated to do so, the existing statute, allowing an exemption for “sincere religious beliefs,” respects individuals’ free exercise of religion without unconstitutionally favoring particular religious preferences.
You may want to tell that uppity woman about this:

Quote:
(religious exemption did not violate the establishment clause because it promoted no particular religious point of view, did not primarily have the effect of advancing or inhibiting religion, and did not require the state to assess validity of students' religious beliefs in a manner that would cause excessive entanglement of church and state).
Also, apparently MA is a state that will accept reasonable proof of immunity, so you could do a titre check.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:50 PM

Old 03-20-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:

I copied Emmelines letter and I will be forwarding that.
So she hasn't seen the letter yet? Because the letter cites both the US Supreme Court and the federal government that a person is entitled to their own personal beliefs and does not need doctrinal support.

Quote:
The U.S. Supreme Court held in Frazee V. Illinois Dept. of Security, 489 U.S. 829, that a religious belief is subject to protection even though no religious group espouses such beliefs or the fact that the religious group to which the individual professes to belong may not advocate or require such belief. This ruling is also reflected in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended Nov. 1, 1980; Part 1605.1-Guidelines on Discrimination Because of Religion.
It is not of her business what your religion is. In reality you could cite philosophical beliefs but religion is usually easier; you are the parent and you decide what drugs are necessary to inject into your child.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spero View Post
Whilst looking for info on this thread, I came across this 2003 memo from Gov. Mitt Romney's office.

You should read the BLF article: http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/consent.htm

Quote:
Of course, in the succeeding 100 years since that...decision ...it has become clear that doctors cannot determine ahead of time who will be harmed by vaccination...

http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensati on/statistics_report.htm
An interesting historical fact about the fallout of the ethically flawed Jacobsen v Massachusetts decision is its citing by US Supreme Court justice Oliver Wendall Holmes in 1927 to justify the eugenics- movement inspired forced sterilization of a mentally retarded girl. Holmes agreed that the state could compel the young girl to be sterilized because “the principle that sustains compulsory vaccination is broad enough to cover cutting the fallopian tubes.”

Old 03-23-2009, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

so my pedi called me this morning. I do absolutely love this woman. She is sweet and she was my pedi.

She told me, unfotunatly she cannot pick her secretary staff (this is a huge practice). I thought that was funny.

She said she was going to speak with the office manager if it was ok with me, I said yes.

She also told me, I had been dismissed from the practice (without her knowing) for an unpaid bill. I had already explained my situation to her and she said she would waive the bill (I had never received it) and that it was up to me whether or not I wanted to return.

I also told her I was considering not vaxing bun in the oven at all. I told her that while I loved her and respected her medical expertise, I thought perhaps it better to find a pedi who was more in tune with my beliefs? She said it was up to me. She talked to me about the DTAP vax and how important it is with new babe. She also said she would see me either way and if I felt the other pedi is a better fit, she would not feel offended.

Pertusis does scare me, but the other two not so much.

I also did not put Abrielle in a daycare and this baby may have to be in one. My lifestyle has changed drastically and I am wondering if I should selectively vaccinate or not.

I guess I have to do some more research and figure out what to do?

Anyway, she filled out the form as well baby visit in the last 12 months, missed varicella and MMR and will revisit at 2 year appt. I will attach the letter explaining my religious exemption as well.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
so my pedi called me this morning. I do absolutely love this woman. She is sweet and she was my pedi.

She told me, unfotunatly she cannot pick her secretary staff (this is a huge practice). I thought that was funny.

She said she was going to speak with the office manager if it was ok with me, I said yes.

She also told me, I had been dismissed from the practice (without her knowing) for an unpaid bill. I had already explained my situation to her and she said she would waive the bill (I had never received it) and that it was up to me whether or not I wanted to return.

I also told her I was considering not vaxing bun in the oven at all. I told her that while I loved her and respected her medical expertise, I thought perhaps it better to find a pedi who was more in tune with my beliefs? She said it was up to me. She talked to me about the DTAP vax and how important it is with new babe. She also said she would see me either way and if I felt the other pedi is a better fit, she would not feel offended.

Pertusis does scare me, but the other two not so much.

I also did not put Abrielle in a daycare and this baby may have to be in one. My lifestyle has changed drastically and I am wondering if I should selectively vaccinate or not.

I guess I have to do some more research and figure out what to do?

Anyway, she filled out the form as well baby visit in the last 12 months, missed varicella and MMR and will revisit at 2 year appt. I will attach the letter explaining my religious exemption as well.

Will you be BF this new baby?

My son has been in daycare since he was 3 months old and we do not vax.
The pertussis is not all that effective and vaccinated children get WC regularly.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:17 PM

i was fully vaxed, and got pertusis as a child. nak or i'd write more

Placenta eating EC mom to my sweet DS Skyy 08/24/08 and Lotus Birth HBAC DD Aspen 01/13/2010 Healed by her birth
Old 03-27-2009, 04:35 PM

It's funny how all pedis seem to have their "pet vax". When we told pedi we weren't vaxing, he stressed the importance of rotavirus, then ranked the rest in order of importance. DTap was at the bottom, because of the low risk of Diptheria and tetanus and the ineffectiveness of the pertussis. DTap also scared me the most.

nak
Old 04-18-2009, 01:54 AM

Quote:
I was told that my kids couldn't be on Medicaid without being vaxed, but that is completely untrue (at least in Texas). Their coverage does not depend on being vaccinated.

~h tea6.gif
wife to shamrocksmile.gifShamrocks (8-8-99)
slightly crunchy homeschooling AP mama to biggrinbounce.gifLittleBoyBlue(2001) & goldfish.gifPeaGreen(2003)
angel.gifmissing our babe (6/2009)
fly-by-nursing2.giffamilybed2.gif novaxnocirc.gif  mdcblog5.gif
Old 04-18-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstinctiveMom View Post
I was told that my kids couldn't be on Medicaid without being vaxed, but that is completely untrue (at least in Texas). Their coverage does not depend on being vaccinated.
???
Not sure why you are addressing me; I never said that.

What I meant here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeline II
is that switching from one Dr. to another may not be as easy as if one had PPO insurance.

User Tag List