Unvaxed and Catholic School? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-21-2009, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone? If you had to deal with it during the application process (or ever), can you please tell me how you handled it, and any story/advice? Thanks!
#2 of 8 Old 03-21-2009, 02:43 PM

It depends on the school. Some will accept exemptions, and some won't. There are lots of threads in the vaccine forum regarding Catholic schools and exemptions.

Your best bet is to simply call the admin office and ask straight out if they accept vaccine exemptions.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#3 of 8 Old 03-21-2009, 11:32 PM

My son went to Catholic school this year and they denied his religious exemption letter. Luckily for me Sister forgot about it so he's still going there and he hasn't been vaxed. Next year though we are doing an online charter school through the public schools here so that he can get OT so we don't have to worry about it.
#4 of 8 Old 03-22-2009, 10:37 AM

We're doing Seton Catholic Homeschool. Don't know about the other Catholic schools.
#5 of 8 Old 03-22-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Eva* View Post
My son went to Catholic school this year and they denied his religious exemption letter.
Was it based on Catholicism? Because if yes, this has been really bothering me.... Like it or hate it, the Catholic Church is so rigidly pro-life that very little gets a "pass." I haven't read too-too much about the matter, but it seems to me that the RCC should open-armedly accept rejection of vaxes which use aborted fetal matter. It's really troubling to me that it doesn't.
#6 of 8 Old 03-22-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogWife View Post
Was it based on Catholicism? Because if yes, this has been really bothering me.... Like it or hate it, the Catholic Church is so rigidly pro-life that very little gets a "pass." I haven't read too-too much about the matter, but it seems to me that the RCC should open-armedly accept rejection of vaxes which use aborted fetal matter. It's really troubling to me that it doesn't.
Here's a good thread for you.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#7 of 8 Old 03-23-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spero View Post
Thank you for the link, Spero.

The RCC is FULL of intellectuals and scientists, I'm shocked that they wouldn't know about the aborted fetal matter, or that they wouldn't push harder for alternative vaxes to be avail in the U.S. I'm still finding it very upsetting! We are planning to homeschool, but if that falls through then I figured I would enroll DS in Catholic School...I live in a state that allows philosophical exemptions, hopefully that would suffice, but not so sure now.

I hope I'm wrong, but it reeks of something a little fishy. Why would they just allow this to be ok, and worse, practically mandated.
#8 of 8 Old 04-08-2009, 01:46 AM

Does your catholic schools accept federal funding for lunch programs? If so, the school, is breaking the law, by rejecting religous or philosophical exemption. Dig deep, and find the answer to this question.

The number of catholic schools rejecting these exemptions is dwindling(word??)......perservere.......

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page