Confused in NJ about getting exemption - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-25-2009, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I must be missing something huge here. I can find 100 letters requesting exemption, but I am missing where to send them. My pedi is pretty good about delaying, but he said without that exemption, we will need to find a new pedi.

I have 3 kids. 3 1/2 a little over 2 and 8 months. The 8 month old has had 2 shots, the 2 year old stopped at MMR and Chicken Pox as did the 3 year old. I don't want any of them to have to get anymore. I would like to get this letter sent out this week, but just can't seem to find where to send it. None of them go to school, and it seems most I find are written to the school nurse. None of my friends are concerned like I am. Thanks a ton ladies!\
I look forward to your responses.

Mom of 3 in NJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-25-2009, 01:12 PM

Exemptions are filed for school and daycare. You do not need one for a ped - sounds like he/she is simply trying to force your hand on vaxing. I'd find a new doc ASAP.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#3 of 4 Old 03-25-2009, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you spero. I am going to my insurance website right now to find a new one. I really like this pedi, save for his vax. I try and understand both sides. But I will never understand, why--as the mother--I have to jump through hoops for not wanting things injected into my children. He made it seem that I had to get an approved exemption to give to him. I guess I will just start fresh somewhere else.

Thanks Again!
#4 of 4 Old 03-25-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbeachbums View Post
He made it seem that I had to get an approved exemption to give to him. I guess I will just start fresh somewhere else.
Thanks Again!
Get your exemption notarized and give it to him if he feels that it is important . It is meaningless to anyone but him.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page