Refusal of Consent - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-28-2009, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I go in next month for DD and DS's well baby visits, the doctor will probably insist that I sign a refusal of consent to vaccination. In good conscience, I cannot sign a form that says "I understand that I am putting my child's health at risk by not vaccinating" which is what I think he'll make me sign. I drafted my alternative and wanted to see if you thought it sounded ok.

Dr. ****** has explained to us what he understands to be the benefits and risks of vaccinations. However, based on our research and personal experience, we feel that it is in the best interest of our child’s health for him not to receive any vaccinations at this time. Because we are making this decision against the advice of Dr. ******, by signing below we are releasing Dr. ******, Dr. *********, and/or their staff from any liability should a medical issue come up because of our decision not to vaccinate our child.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#2 of 3 Old 03-28-2009, 01:02 PM

That sounds reasonable. But even the AAP on their website says that their form can and should be modified as needed, and I just scratched out and initialled the line about "putting my child and others at risk." So that's another way to go if you want to.
#3 of 3 Old 03-29-2009, 08:35 PM

I also crossed out the parts I disagreed with, initialed and signed.

Jeanna, proud mama to 3 sweet girls!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page