Pneumonia Vaccine for Adults - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-30-2009, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am more suseptible (sp?) to pneumonia than your average healthy person. I've had severe asthma since I was 7, my dad's side of the family has history of "weak lungs" (asthma, pneumonia, etc.) I had pneumonia twice when I was nursing DD. I have been battling a virus of some sort for a while now, and it's settled into my chest. It's nowhere near pneumonia, but I don't want it to get that way. So far I haven't treated with anything except olive leaf extract and some Zicam.

Is homeopathic medication safe while nursing? I've got some Chestal, DH's been taking it.

What are your thoughts on the pneumoia vaccine? I've always lumped them with the flu shot and chicken pox: a convenience vaccine that rarely works and whose side effects are often worse than the benefits.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2009, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes homeopathic treatments are safe while nursing

as for the vax, I am not in your situation, but of I were I would only consider it as a last resort. IMO I generally don't think pharmaceuticals do anything good except in life saving situations perhaps.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It sounds like this is a long-standing issue with you (the respiratory stuff), and if it were me, I'd try to find a healthcare provider who can help you figure out a) why you are particularly susceptible, and b) help you support your body so that this is either a lesser issue, or a non-issue entirely. I wouldn't expect that to be quick and easy given you've been dealing with it all your life, and it seems like others in your family have dealt with it, but I know I've learned a lot of useful things in tackling my health problems, most of which have shown up in previous generations. I'm hoping that if I figure out what's going on, it'll help my kids, so they don't have to deal with this.

My kids and I aren't particularly susceptible to respiratory stuff (we get colds, and a few instances of croup, but nothing serious), so I don't have a lot of ideas there for short-term relief.

I guess I'm a strong believer that in almost all cases, our bodies can work very well if we figure out what we need, which may be different in some important ways than what most people do. Best of luck to you!
Old 03-30-2009, 03:23 PM

I had severe asthma from the time I was 2. I could barely go outside during cold winters, couldn't run, terrible allergies and allergy induced asthma, etc. I was in the ER a ton for breathing treatments and wore my emergency inhaler around my neck. My asthma got better, although was still pretty bad, as I got older. I was regularly put on steroids and was on daily inhalers, in addition to using albuterol as needed.

When I got pregnant, I suddenly started worrying about what I was putting in my body, both as food and medicine. I completely cleaned up my diet, and ate almost entirely whole foods and very little that is artificial. I stopped taking my 2 daily asthma meds and my medicine for another condition. I switched to almost all natural body products. I haven't had an asthma attack since! And my other condition cleared up as well.

I truly believe that all the junk I was putting in my body was making me sick.

So, to answer your question, no, I would never get the vax. I would do the exact opposite, and ditch all of those meds and clean out all of the artificial things from your body.

Let me know if you have any questions about what I did or how.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammiga View Post
I had severe asthma from the time I was 2. I could barely go outside during cold winters, couldn't run, terrible allergies and allergy induced asthma, etc. I was in the ER a ton for breathing treatments and wore my emergency inhaler around my neck. My asthma got better, although was still pretty bad, as I got older. I was regularly put on steroids and was on daily inhalers, in addition to using albuterol as needed.

When I got pregnant, I suddenly started worrying about what I was putting in my body, both as food and medicine. I completely cleaned up my diet, and ate almost entirely whole foods and very little that is artificial. I stopped taking my 2 daily asthma meds and my medicine for another condition. I switched to almost all natural body products. I haven't had an asthma attack since! And my other condition cleared up as well.

I truly believe that all the junk I was putting in my body was making me sick.

So, to answer your question, no, I would never get the vax. I would do the exact opposite, and ditch all of those meds and clean out all of the artificial things from your body.

Let me know if you have any questions about what I did or how.
We sound like twins! I would LOVE to find out what you did!! E-mail me! [email protected]

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

User Tag List