Scared? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-30-2009, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I took my 12month DD to the doc today for her wbv (OMG, she's 27lbs- no wonder my arms kill me!) and I took her to the same doc we've always been to with her. He's a pretty good doc- a big goofball, kids love him, he's happy when you breastfeed, he's open to selectively vaccinating, and all the good stuff. Everything was going fine, he told me the whole list docs usually go through at a year- no bottles, pacis, and the like, and so on. DD's bfed, so no problem. Then, he asked about vaxxing. Came from left field! I had to ask HIM at her 6 month about his stance on them, and he's okay with select-vax. So, I didn't think to lie or anything, and I just told him we weren't doing any more vaccines for a while. Then he says "Well, you're going to have to eventually stop being afraid of all that, and get it done." Then was on to the next subject before I could even retort. Kinda steams me that I didn't say anything, but at that point, I wanted out anyway. At least he didn't try to make me sign anything, and the rest of the visit was fine, I guess.

*sigh*

I really don't like doctors.

~LM
#2 of 13 Old 03-30-2009, 07:37 PM

I just skipped my son's 4 months well baby just to avoid the whole vaccine topic. I went at 2 months and she said how beautiful and healthy he was, I told her I was only planning to do one vaccination and wouldn't do it until later, now I don't want to do that and I didn't want to discuss it right now.. I figure I'll go at 6 months just to go.

All doctors act like their patients are stupid it seems.
#3 of 13 Old 03-30-2009, 08:17 PM

Ugh, so condescending.

My 2.5 yr old ds weighs 27 lbs.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#4 of 13 Old 03-30-2009, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would have said (well I wouldn't have said, but in hindsight I would have said) "By "all that" are you referring to the monkey kidney cells, aborted fetal cells, thimerosil, formaldahyde, autism, asthma, ADD, ADHD, allergies, SIDS, cancer, encepholitis, and seizures?"
(Please excuse the spelling. I have a 10 month old wiggling in my lap and don't have time to edit )
#5 of 13 Old 03-31-2009, 05:38 PM

this is my first pregnancy. i'm still torn about what to do with the vacc! my youngest brother developed autism after his vacc, but i've also seen cases where babies die b/c they didn't get them. my boyfriend assures me they're safe and mercury free now, but my mom is totally against them. i want my baby to be healthy, i don't want to increase his chances of any mental or physical disease, but i don't want to have to deal with home schooling b/c i didn't vacc, among other problems that may come up from not vacc.
#6 of 13 Old 03-31-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildmstng84 View Post
but i've also seen cases where babies die b/c they didn't get them.
Let's get more specific with this. What have you seen a baby die from that had a vaccine to prevent it?
#7 of 13 Old 03-31-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
... i don't want to have to deal with home schooling b/c i didn't vacc, among other problems that may come up from not vacc.
Just a friendly FYI: Only Mississippi and West Virginia require vaccinations for school attendance. Even MS and WV have medical exemptions (although those appear to be a joke). And the "required" schedule varies by state. The "required" schedule is not the same as the CDC recommended schedule. MS and WV only require a few vaccines - MMR, DTaP, IPV, and maybe HiB. The school schedules also require fewer shots if you start vaccinating at a later age.

I've worked in public schools and even administrators in states with philosophical exemptions rarely know that parents have the right to send their children to school vaccine-free. Don't let fear of school administrators affect your health-care decisions.
#8 of 13 Old 03-31-2009, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I dont like doctors either. This is why I take my DD to a chiro and discuss general health with him. I will be taking her to a ND for a more thorough check sometime soon.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#9 of 13 Old 03-31-2009, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
this is my first pregnancy. i'm still torn about what to do with the vacc! my youngest brother developed autism after his vacc, but i've also seen cases where babies die b/c they didn't get them. my boyfriend assures me they're safe and mercury free now, but my mom is totally against them. i want my baby to be healthy, i don't want to increase his chances of any mental or physical disease, but i don't want to have to deal with home schooling b/c i didn't vacc, among other problems that may come up from not vacc.
Does your BF really think that vaccines are safe because they are mercury free ( not all are and many have "trace" amounts). There are many other ingredients that are concerning to parents beside mercury. If you have a famliy history of autism there is no way i'd let my lo get vaccinated, but thats just me.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#10 of 13 Old 03-31-2009, 11:46 PM

our last dr tried to force them on us glad you didnt have to go through that. We found a new dr that has our same views
#11 of 13 Old 04-01-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
. my boyfriend assures me they're safe and mercury free now
Your BF needs to do more research because he is wrong. Many vaccines still have 'trace amounts' of mercury, some have a full dose, and who is minding the shop to make sure that it isn't more than a trace amount? I have some links to this information on my website posted in my siggy if you have time to check it. And as Marnica said, there are other ingredients that are highly questionable. Aluminum is another big one and there are known problems with it and even Dr. Sears could not find the aluminum studies he was hoping were done.

DS 2006 nocirc.gif DiaperFreeBaby angel1.gif March 2010, DD 2011

#12 of 13 Old 04-01-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Oh wow! You've seen cases where a baby died of a disease for which we have a vaccine? Do you have any links? You must mean died from complications, right? Baby was immunocompromised, treatment mismanaged, misdiagnosis, refusal of atbx? How many cases have you seen?

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#13 of 13 Old 04-02-2009, 11:40 AM

Some vaccines have trace amounts of mercury, yes, but I believe all vaccines have mercury derivatives in them, and since it isn't technically mercury, they can get away with saying they are mercury free. I would suggest looking at www.vaccine911.com

And what VAD really kills anyone? Or did when it was really prevalent? Sure, a few people died, but most didn't. Polio doesn't kill. Mumps is painful, but doesn't kill (had it, and had the MMR when I little, so we see how well that worked), chicken pox is right of passage, Measles hardly killed anyone (yes, a few, but extremely rare), and really, what baby is out there having unprotected sex and/or using intravenous drugs? (IE, no need for hepB vax .. even if the baby were conceived through rape I wouldn't do it)

OP: if you are really annoyed that you didn't say anything (isn't it annoying how you don't think of these things until right after it's too late? I hate that) then say something next time you see him. But it probably won't do any good, sadly. This is why I don't even have a doc for my LO .. well, that's one of my reasons anyway.

Me with my baby girl Maeleigh (Oct 08) and My (step) baby girl Whren (May 05) in Heaven with her mommy .. And introducing our little JuneBug (June 10) We heard the !!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page