run in with a doctor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2009, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I went to the doctor's for my sons tongue-tie. He started asking me about vaccinations. He was calling my silly and foolish for not getting them done. He said I am listening to false information. A wk ago he had a meeting with a bunch of doctors and said there was never a shred of evidence that vaccinations have a negative effect. So I heard a 10 minute speech today. What a downer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2009, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry you had to deal with that. How unprofessional and immature of him to name call.

blogging.jpg

Old 03-31-2009, 09:59 PM

Not one shred of evidence, huh? And what exactly would this doctor call VAERS?
Old 03-31-2009, 10:07 PM

And all the money that the government paid out? And all the money that they haven't?
Old 03-31-2009, 10:17 PM

switch doctors to someone who will work with you.

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
Old 03-31-2009, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd find someone else too. He seems to be a bit of an egomaniac. Sorry you had to endure this type of treatment. I would have gathered up my kid and walked out then and there. You do not have to tolerate that type of abuse.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:20 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
That's good ol' American Modern medicine for you ! No need or tolerance for anything natural! I swear, how did human beings ever make it before there were vaccines and modern practices? These doctors are taught one thing, and they sure do stick by it! Shame on you for not injecting your kid with poison!
(Sarcasm, it's my way of dealing with the anger!)

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Old 04-01-2009, 03:39 PM

This is what I recommend saying (something along these lines):

"Thanks for your thoughts on this...I appreciate your views. We are always interested in new information, so if you would like to direct me to some specific safety studies I'd love to see what brought you to the position you take. I am especially interested in seeing the evidence of long-term safety, so if you could direct me to any independent, large-scale studies comparing the health of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated individuals I would greatly appreciate it."

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
Old 04-02-2009, 05:01 PM

"I appreciate your concern, but I don't appreciate your tone and feel uncomfortable with your attitude and attempts to intimidate me. You're fired. I'll contact your office about transferring our records to our new provider."

He works for you, not the other way around. Would you let your plumber speak to you that way? I don't care if my pediatrician thinks I'm the worst mother in the world. Vaccination is the parents' choice, and one that even the AAP urges physicians to respect. Don't take any guff.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

Old 04-03-2009, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolingmama View Post
He was calling my silly and foolish for not getting them done. He said I am listening to false information.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peainthepod View Post
"I appreciate your concern, but I don't appreciate your tone and feel uncomfortable with your attitude and attempts to intimidate me. You're fired. I'll contact your office about transferring our records to our new provider."
exactly.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:59 PM

"Thanks but I address my concerns with his regular pediatrician. Are you willing to help with the issue we're here for or see this as a free call to lecture me on something that doesn't pertain to your speciality?"

Then I'd leave. Seriously what does that have to do with being tongue-tied? Oh, that's right - NOTHING! Grrrr!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ugh- sorry you had to deal with that. Can you find a better more understanding doctor?
I am getting ready for the same kind if battle in a few weeks The same pedi we have been with since DS was born is still our current pedi. The 1st 6 months we battled with him over the issue. At 12 months, the doc just KNEW who we were when he walked in and didn't even ASK about vaccines. It's been a year since we've been there so I wonder if he remembers us. I remember back when DS was born, the dr said if we didn't vax by age 2, then he wouldn't see us anymore. I guess we'll see in a few weeks! I live in a very conservative area and found only 1 doc but the wait time is about 3-4 hrs to be seen (with an appt!) I'll take my chances at this place, we plan on moving out of the area in 6 months so this will be our last visit to this doc no matter what.

User Tag List