Dr.Oz on Oprah. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2009, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I was watching him talk about parkinsons and he was talking about what could cause it. He said: Exposure to toxins early in life may cause parkinsons.

I thought to myself: Exactly. This is why I dont vax. I bet he supports vaxing babies though.

ETA: I looked it up and he delayed vaxing his kids until 6 months. I am surprised. Most doctors on TV are very provax.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2009, 10:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydiah View Post
I was watching him talk about parkinsons and he was talking about what could cause it. He said: Exposure to toxins early in life may cause parkinsons.

I thought to myself: Exactly. This is why I dont vax. I bet he supports vaxing babies though.

ETA: I looked it up and he delayed vaxing his kids until 6 months. I am surprised. Most doctors on TV are very provax.
I would call delaying until 6 months still pretty provax. I mean there is not a huge difference in a babies immune system at 6 months than at 2 and 4 months IMO.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
I would call delaying until 6 months still pretty provax. I mean there is not a huge difference in a babies immune system at 6 months than at 2 and 4 months IMO.
Oh I totally agree but he see some benefit waiting and he delayed for a reason which most doctors will not even admit there is a reason to wait. He is not like us obviously.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years
Old 04-02-2009, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

From a pro-vax point of view, starting at 6 months rather than birth is pretty bold.

I wish more doctors would go against the recommended schedule and say, "Let's start a little later," (even if it is just a few months) because then at least more doctors seem to be questioning the norm, and perhaps this would encourage more parents to look into the issue for themselves.

I know that one thing that encouraged me to look into the issue more closely is that I interviewed all 4 peds in my daughter's group and got 4 very different answers, though all were very pro-vax. One of them told me vaccines have very serious risks and that I should research each vaccine and the ingredients before making a decision (although he still stressed that he recommended getting all of them, but was open to an alternative schedule OR not vaccinating,) another ped told me that it was literally dangerous not to follow the recommended schedule and that my daughter could get menigitis and die. Still another talked about asking for low-mercury, while another one laughed and said shots have never had mercury.

The different answers REALLY got me thinking. I thought, "WTH? All of that was just a bunch of opinions...I've got to do my own research."

Anyway, I'm not disagreeing with your original assertion that it's still pretty pro-vax; I was just adding my thoughts to it!

Loving mother, Devoted Wife

User Tag List