Is it too late to decide to not vaccinate? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-18-2009, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son is seven months old and has had the first three DTap and some other vaccines. I was initially not too keen about the vaccines but DH thought they were a good idea. After reading some more about it, I am having strong feelings that they could be a bad idea and would at the very least like to delay them until he is a little older. Is it too late? Can I just stop giving him them? I might need to find a different pediatrician, but I would be willing to do that. What are some good resources to do more research?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-18-2009, 03:14 AM

You can stop at any time.

-Angela
#3 of 9 Old 04-18-2009, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

I noticed you are another Houston mom. Who do you use as a pediatrician? Are there no-vax or limited vax friendly docs you might recommend?
#4 of 9 Old 04-18-2009, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes you can stop at any time like Angela said.

as for resources I would read the stickies here.

also check out http://www.insidevaccines.com

http://www.novaccine.com

http://sayingnotovaccines.com

http://www.thinktwice.com

also get a few good book on the subject..

Vaccinations: A thoughtful Parents Guide by Avviva Jill Romm is a good beginner book as is What your Doctor may not tell you about Chilhood vaccines by Dr. Stephanie Cave

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#5 of 9 Old 04-18-2009, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You can stop. I live in Sugar Land, outside Houston (I don't know if alegna has a doc for the kids), and we use Dr. Cassandra Dickerson, she's been fine with us not vaccinating at all. I think she'd be fine with a S/D schedule as well.

http://www.dickersonpediatrics.com/index.cfm

If you don't think further vaccination is healthy for you child, actively good, then stop, to give yourself time to think about it more, or stop altogether. My oldest was vaccinated on schedule for a while, it took me a while to really think about this and decide that I've got a heckuva lot of other things to do to keep us healthy, and there's enough data suggestive of long-term issues with vaccination that I'm saying no thanks.

There's a Finding Your Tribe sub-forum (near the top of the page that lists all the forums) and there've been several discussions by people trying to find supportive pediatricians/family practitioners/other HCPs. Houston's huge, so finding someone moderately in your part of town is important.
#6 of 9 Old 04-18-2009, 03:31 PM

My oldest son got his hep b at birth
and his 2 adn 4 months- every one of them- and then I decided I didn't want to anymore and he's 5 now and hasn't had a shot since 4 months.

You can def stop at any time.
#7 of 9 Old 04-18-2009, 07:11 PM

There are a number of houston peds. and family drs. okay with non-vax Injac, Wilkerson, Stowe just to name 3 oft-mentioned names. Depends on your part of town- I'm sure there's someone near you who would be fine with it.

-Angela
#8 of 9 Old 04-18-2009, 07:16 PM

hi

#9 of 9 Old 04-19-2009, 12:26 PM

Our pediatrician is in Kingwood (NE side of Houston) and she hasn't given us a hard time. My daughter did have anaphylaxis there at the office after some of her shots so that might have made her a little less forceful than most We stopped after her reaction and did no more and my son hasn't had any at all.

You can and should stop if you want to just one less of those toxic things will be in your child's advantage later.

There have been many credible articles in medical journals linking vaccines to immune system diseases like MS and insulin dependent Type 1 diabetes among other things.

Don't be bullied into anything you aren't 100% sure is in the best interest of your child and trust your instincts. My instincts told me for months not to do that last round of shots with my daughter but I was scared of being labeled a bad mom but when those doctors swooped in giving her an Epi-pen and breathing treatment and wheeling her out in her carseat on top of a stretcher to go to the hospital after I sure wish I would've just listened to my mommy instincts!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page