Tetanus vaccination for a 9mo. old farm-baby. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-18-2009, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all. DH and I are spending a lot of time working at an organic farm this summer and so far have not vaccinated DD. I guess the 'not-vaccinated' fear jumps up in me every once in a while, but when I saw DD with a clump of dirt in her mouth I got a little worried. I was just looking for some guidance and suggestions from all of you of what you'd do about tetanus. I really wish I could JUST give her tetanus and leave the rest of it out, but I know that my ped. (who has been great up until now) is going to freak about the farm thing. Is this a situation where she should have it because she's at risk no questions asked, or is there some alternative....??

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2009, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The alternative to vaxing that we would use it to watch dd and treat any injuries with appropriate wound care.

Tetanus is extremely rare, and we have yet to find a situation or illness that we think warrants the risks associated with the toxins in vaxes. Dd is healthy and we feel able to care for dd if anything happens. If not, then we will seek medical help.

User Tag List