How to "advertise" that you have access to Chicken Pox? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-26-2009, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, DS was exposed to Chicken Pox on Friday, and I have a friend who's son most likely will be coming down with them in a few days, and I am going to try to expose DS to him a couple of times to make sure he gets it.

My question, is how do I tell people that if they want it, they can come and get it from DS if and when he gets it? I have mentioned to a couple of friends that I was pretty sure would want it, and I have mostly had VERY FREAKED OUT responses from them. I am not planning to tell anyone else, but I know that some folks are looking for it.

A good friend of mine that is very AP, and I was nearly positive would be extremely interested in exposing her son looked at me like I said I was planning to cut off my son's arm. He had literally been exposed a half hour earlier, and she actually asked me if he was contagious right then. This is an intelligent, generally well informed, mama who researches things that impact her health and the health of her son. She was terrified that my son was going to infect everyone around him with a half hour incubation period.

How on earth do you tell people?????

ETA: Just also wondering where the insane fear of CP came from when most of the mamas I am talking to HAD CP as a child??? They are all like, if you get the CP vaccine, you will never get shingles as an adult, but if you have wild CP, you can get shingles later in life. I was of the understanding that if you get the CP vaccine, you can get shingles earlier in life (as a child, even), and when the vaccine wears off, you have no protection at all.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 04-26-2009, 09:31 PM

I joined this group in hopes of finding them for my dd. I guess I would also just spread the word that your ds has them if he gets them. People might just call you up and ask if they can come over. If I heard of someone that had them, that's exactly what I would do!

I can't believe so many people are freaking out over CP!
#3 of 6 Old 04-27-2009, 12:13 PM

Post in your local tribe on MDC. Also if you are in a local AP group and they have an email/yahoo list, post on that.

Kim mama to DS 12/2005, Pepper kitty , and 10/03, 1/05;
#4 of 6 Old 04-27-2009, 12:52 PM

Ahh...wish you were closer to me! I know CP was in our preschool a few weeks ago, but I couldn't find out who it was that had it.

Mama to DD#1 (03/05) and DD#2 (05/08). Expecting baby #3.
#5 of 6 Old 04-27-2009, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I agree with PP that I would post in your tribe on MDC.
Are you in Utah by any chance?!?
#6 of 6 Old 04-27-2009, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sages View Post
I agree with PP that I would post in your tribe on MDC.
Are you in Utah by any chance?!?
Nope, I am in Vermont. I just worry that the folks that are not on MDC are missing out when they are looking for them. I actually have had two friends contact me within the last two days asking to be on our call list if DS comes down with them, so I guess the word is spreading. Now I am crossing my fingers that he does actually get them!

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page