Anyone share my fears? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 67 Old 06-25-2009, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonShelby View Post
We have to use a religious exemption here in Massachusetts, but I'm not too worried about being forced to get shots. As long as the gov't has an insurance fund for vaccination injuries, it's unlikely that the gov't will force parents to do something to their kid that they know may have harmful effects.

Just keep feeding your kids immunity boosting foods and filing whatever letter is needed to claim the exemption and don't feel that you have to explain to people. Most won't understand because they're as fearful of the disease as you may be of vaccine injuries.
Umm, don't count on it! It is darn near impossible to "prove" a vaccine injury. My cousin could tell you all about it, he was a happy healthy boy, til he had a specific vaccine(rushed to er, brain swollen), he is no longer alive, and she is now with a doctor that believes her, backs her up, none of her other children are vaccinated. It is nearly impossible to prove.
#62 of 67 Old 06-26-2009, 11:38 AM

i think that if we ever got universal healthcare the gov. will suddenly be very interested in the safety and efficacy testing of vaccines. either that or they will try to impose some sort of price cap type thingy on how much pharmaceutical companies can sell their vaccines for and then all he!! will break loose.

its all well and good to encourage every one to get vaccinated until they are paying for it. and maybe they will decide that getting some of these illnesses is way more cost effective since you then have a life time immunity... as opposed to vaccines which need boosters.
#63 of 67 Old 07-07-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakah View Post
My family is uninsured and it is that bad. .
I can't imagine what would have happened to myself and my family if I didn't have health insurance. I had to have brain surgery last year, right after the birth of my daughter, and the total bill was over $200,000. Before this, I was a healthy 34 year old, rarely sick, and even more rarely going to the dr. It's scary, how your life can change in an instant.

-V
#64 of 67 Old 07-12-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Sandals View Post
I do fear this scenario and feel its quite possible. Right now in this country we have a boy being force fed chemo against his and his family's wishes. The government owns this child, but suffers no consequence if the boy dies from his treatment or ends up with a chronically impaired immune system. We also have our health secretary preparing us NOW for vaccine clinics in our schools come fall. Exemptions will not carry weight during epidemic and pandemic situations. Why do you think they passed legislation in 2006 absolving pharma from all liability from vaccines during pandemic situations. There is something big in the works - I hope they won't be able to pull it off, but the possibility is there.

I don't spend too much time worrying about it, but I am ready to leave everything, this country if I have to.
EXACTLY!!

I was going to say this but you beat me to it. And how about the parents who are on trial for murder bc they chose not to use conventional drugs and their child did die? I'm not saying whether or not I believe they were right, but they do - according to our constitution - have the religious freedom to use prayer and have the medical freedom to not use conventional drugs. And how about Eugenics? The US was Hitler's inspiration for what they did to the Jews. And here, we were still doing forced sterilizations in the 1990s!!!

Now I'm all for gov't health care. I don't see why it can't be just like education - it's there if you need it and you can opt out whenever you want. And I would think that these "vax registries" might be useful for hospitals and emergency situations, as long as they aren't used against people who don't vax. But I, too, am ready to leave a moment's notice if I have to. My child is more important.

EDIT: I agree with a PP. My family is uninsured and yes, it is that bad. We have medical bills out the wazoo that we can not pay. It's hard. Very hard. We have a shit car and can't find a decent place to rent (forget about buying) bc medical bills have killed our credit. It's bull.

Me with my baby girl Maeleigh (Oct 08) and My (step) baby girl Whren (May 05) in Heaven with her mommy .. And introducing our little JuneBug (June 10) We heard the !!!
#65 of 67 Old 07-13-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunch2k8 View Post
I just vomited in my mouth a little. I saw the reports on TV. It disgusted me how the spun it-an unfit mother denying treatment to a child. Whatever!!!

I haven't read the whole thread so I apologize, but along the same lines (and this is fiction, thank God, not fact) a friend told me about a recent episode of Law and Order where a woman was prosecuted for MURDER because she had not gotten her son vaccinated, and he went to a playground and supposedly infected another child with something that the child died from. I HATE that kind of sensationalism. It only fuels the panic and fear that leads to fascist thinking.

Jen, mom of  two amazing girls, b. 2/16/06  and 1/29/10 hbac.gif

#66 of 67 Old 07-15-2009, 02:54 PM

Not that it makes it okay, but the woman in that show wasn't convicted. They said the jury thought she should have vaccinated her child but didn't think the gov't had the right to force it on her. And the disease? It was fricken measles. The chances of dying from measles is so slim anyway. I almost didn't want the episode bc I really can't stand Hillary Duff but I did anyway. After that, I wrote a very long and nasty email to NBC about how I didn't feel it was appropriate to use the show to push their personal agenda. I have always loved law and order. It was my favourite show and the only show I ever watched on TV, with the exception of the news and sportscenter. But I have lost respect for the show and no longer watch it. It's quite sad.

What really bothered me is that woman on the show was saying how she was being harassed by her neighbors and the cops were being called all the time on her bc of how she chooses to raise her family. I'd like to know how people even knew she wasn't vaccinating and why people cared that much? It's stupid.

But remember ... Law and Order tends to take all their stories from news headlines. If you noticed (and I'm assuming you didn't bc you didn't watch it) the first half of the show was basically a theatrical version of the Casey Anthony case. (Baby reported missing, grandma said car smelled like a dead body, baby was with nanny who didnt exist, mom was out partying the days after baby died and posted the pictures on her "facespace", baby found in a hole in the ground, etc) I wonder if they were going off the cases where parents are prosecuted for murder bc they don't believe in any conventional medicines and their child died.

And ya know what else? After that, my mother started in again on the vaccines, about how that is exactly why I need to get my daughter vaccinated. She actually brought up her aunt, who died in 1959 of breast cancer, before my mother was even born! "Well you know Aunt Molly had polio as a child. That's why you should get Mae vaccinated, at least for polio." .. umm .. WHAT?!?! I need to vaccinate my daughter against polio because her great grandmother's sister had it? Exactly how much sense does that make?

Me with my baby girl Maeleigh (Oct 08) and My (step) baby girl Whren (May 05) in Heaven with her mommy .. And introducing our little JuneBug (June 10) We heard the !!!
#67 of 67 Old 07-20-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACsMom View Post
I haven't read the whole thread so I apologize, but along the same lines (and this is fiction, thank God, not fact) a friend told me about a recent episode of Law and Order where a woman was prosecuted for MURDER because she had not gotten her son vaccinated, and he went to a playground and supposedly infected another child with something that the child died from. I HATE that kind of sensationalism. It only fuels the panic and fear that leads to fascist thinking.
I haven't seen it, but I have heard of that episode.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page