Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

deleted

#2 of 57 Old 06-27-2009, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
What kind of quarantine conditions are we talking about here? House arrest? Rounded up into a sports dome or something? What? I wouldn't mind my family being quarantined as long as it wasn't bad conditions. My biggest fear would be that though officially we had that option, whoever was handling our case would try to deny us that and hold us down and inject us or something.
#3 of 57 Old 06-27-2009, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieCatheryn View Post
What kind of quarantine conditions are we talking about here? House arrest? Rounded up into a sports dome or something? What? I wouldn't mind my family being quarantined as long as it wasn't bad conditions. My biggest fear would be that though officially we had that option, whoever was handling our case would try to deny us that and hold us down and inject us or something.
I think it depends on the state. I believe it was Arizona or Arkansas where I read the provision for mandatory vax would include a religious exemption but quarantine may be necessary.
They didn't specify but I imagine it would be in-home quarantine because putting people together in quarantine doesn't really seem like quarantine to me, at least not when it comes to disease.

Other states don't even specify whether there is a religious exemption in place though I think most would include it. How would that exemption be obtained, though? Would we need it beforehand otherwise submit to vaccines? Who knows?

All of this stuff will probably be more fleshed out in the coming months and years and I think we need to be active in asking these questions as things come up-- and continue to monitor the plans for our states.

As far as I know, most of the state plans have only been active since Bush's '04 Project Bioshield.
#4 of 57 Old 06-27-2009, 04:06 PM

thank you for this info. it makes me kind of sick....

DS 5-11-06
#5 of 57 Old 06-28-2009, 12:33 AM

Odd how there are no protocols for handling vaccine reactions.
#6 of 57 Old 06-28-2009, 01:39 AM

SS834,

Do you have any specific suggestions for people in the event that this scenerio comes to play?

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#7 of 57 Old 06-28-2009, 02:59 AM

Great blog! Thanks also for the links to states. I looked up mine (PA) and at 54 pages thats a lot to read! I scrolled down and read all of the phase 6 plans but still couldn't find out about how it would work for mandatory vaxes. What should I be looking for exactly? I was looking for whether religious exemptions would be allowed. Couldn't see anything referring to it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
#8 of 57 Old 06-28-2009, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

deleted

#9 of 57 Old 06-28-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I think the protocol goes something like this, "oops".

Veda 9/06
#10 of 57 Old 06-28-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiaz View Post
I think the protocol goes something like this, "oops".
lmao

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#11 of 57 Old 06-28-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
miriam, there are no vaccine reactions! They are as safe as can be.

If people get sick or get a condition of some kind, it is coincidental--see?

Crunchy check list:  2 homebirths (one accidental UC!), co-slept, no CIO, cloth diapers, home/un school, raw milk drinker (!) I am a walking cliche!! I even blog and knit...
#12 of 57 Old 06-28-2009, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I think they'd probably want to slide it in under the current Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. It gives them the ability to put that cap, $250,000 or whatever it is, on there. I wonder if they could do that though if they used an unlicensed vax.
#13 of 57 Old 06-28-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradbg View Post
miriam, there are no vaccine reactions! They are as safe as can be.

If people get sick or get a condition of some kind, it is coincidental--see?
lol...exactly, I mean most kids don't have convulsions till 2 weeks after getting vaxed so definitely coincidence.

Veda 9/06
#14 of 57 Old 06-29-2009, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hmmm I was wondering why the bother over making mandatory vax'es for something as relatively harmless as swine flu, then it hit me:

"Yeah sure, we'll get a flu shot when pigs fly!"
"Swine flu."
#15 of 57 Old 06-29-2009, 09:54 AM

Ba doom cha! :

Crunchy check list:  2 homebirths (one accidental UC!), co-slept, no CIO, cloth diapers, home/un school, raw milk drinker (!) I am a walking cliche!! I even blog and knit...
#16 of 57 Old 06-29-2009, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

deleted

#17 of 57 Old 06-29-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
TN's plan does include adverse reaction reporting.
#18 of 57 Old 06-29-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss834 View Post
I'm new around here (and to the vax discussion in general) and I know many of you are way beyond being dumbfounded by the crAZY obsession over vaccines, but I'm still completely baffled. :
Follow the money trail and it begins to make a lot more sense. Vaccines are big business, and it could feasibly be argued that the long-term damage that can occur in vaccinated people creates pharmaceutical and allopathic customers for life.

$$$

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#19 of 57 Old 06-30-2009, 10:50 AM

i don't get the quarantine thing.. if everyone else is vaccinated why do those of us who opt to not get it need to be quatantined? if i get it its my own fault.. but its not like people who were vaccinated would be in danger of catching it from me or anything...

oo and i feel like i am really missing something about this whole thing. why is swine flu so dangerous that something like mandated vaccines would be considered?
#20 of 57 Old 06-30-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1littlebit View Post
i don't get the quarantine thing.. if everyone else is vaccinated why do those of us who opt to not get it need to be quatantined? if i get it its my own fault.. but its not like people who were vaccinated would be in danger of catching it from me or anything...

oo and i feel like i am really missing something about this whole thing. why is swine flu so dangerous that something like mandated vaccines would be considered?
The argument usually goes that vaccines aren't 100% effective and some people can't be vaccinated. So those of us with robust, healthy immune systems who want to keep them that way are supposed to hide out, unable to work or buy basic supplies like groceries and such, while the sickies rush to and fro getting jabs and powders and pills that will make it all better.

In controlling smallpox they did find that "ring quarantine" (where they'd quarantine the sick patient and then everyone who had immediate contact with the patient) was effective in quashing outbreaks before they started. They'll probably go on the same principle here, or at least, that's what they'll tell people.

Lots of things about this don't make sense. 127 deaths in 1 million cases? I'd like to know if that makes it more or less dangerous than run of the mill influenza. I'd also like to know how those people were treated and what preexisting health conditions they had. Were they elderly? Already hospitalized for something else? Asthmatic? Preemies in the NICU? We need more information.

And the symptoms are pretty mild in most people, right? In many cases, milder than regular influenza? So why are we supposed to rush out and line up to get jabbed with an untested, unproven, experimental vaccine that has been manufactured by the same company that "accidentally" shipped out doses of flu vaccine that had been contaminated with avian flu? Of course, if you apply similar logic to other vaccines you encounter the same problem...

There's no obvious logic behind any of this. None of it makes sense...unless you start flipping your thinking around and asking different questions. But if you do that, you're a "conspiracy theorist". So shut up, stop asking questions, and roll up your sleeve, komrade. Do your part to fight the porcine menace!

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#21 of 57 Old 06-30-2009, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

deleted

#22 of 57 Old 06-30-2009, 04:52 PM

Ok so if none of this makes sense.....

Are they simply using the swine flu as a reason to institute mandatory vaccines?

Is it about something other than vaccines?

Is this just a trial run???

I'm so confused

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#23 of 57 Old 06-30-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claddaghmom View Post
Ok so if none of this makes sense.....

Are they simply using the swine flu as a reason to institute mandatory vaccines?

Is it about something other than vaccines?

Is this just a trial run???

I'm so confused
that would be bad. very bad.
#24 of 57 Old 06-30-2009, 09:14 PM

nvm
#25 of 57 Old 07-05-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
i just dont get it... "an estimated 1 million Americans have been infected with the H1N1 swine flu, which continues to produce mild illness and a fairly quick recovery in patients." Mmmkay soo why is it so important to inject everyone? Just because we can?! :
Follow the money.

One article said they don't have enough medical personnel to handling administering the vaccine to everyone as planned. Just wait, next thing you know they'll be touting this as a way to stimulate the economy.

It is all terrifying to me.

mom to DD and one on the way, wife since 1997 to a great guy

#26 of 57 Old 07-06-2009, 01:24 PM

I am concerned about a pushed through vaccine. Does anyone know the ingredients yet? Aluminum ? toxic waste ?
I keep hoping there will not be a huge vaccine push in the fall. I can't wait to see a package insert . Let me know if you find anything as far as info on the vaccine once it is created
#27 of 57 Old 07-06-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
....I believe the U.S. is committed to about $1 billion for purchase of this vaccine. They have basically forced themselves into contracts with the vaccine companies.

I wish this figure of $1 billion were even close to correct: http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/07/01...ine/index.html

from the article dated July 1:
Quote:
Congress passed a supplemental appropriation for $7.5 billion, which President Obama recently signed, to cover the costs of preparing for the virus, which includes a vaccination campaign,....
(bolding mine)

I have read also that they are allowing adjuvants, previously unlicensed in the US (approved only for oversees malaria and yellow fever vaccines) to be used in the swine flu vaccine in order to 'stretch' the supply. Forgive me for not posting the link - there is so much swine flu news I can't seem to pull up this article from my searches.
#28 of 57 Old 07-06-2009, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Sandals View Post
I wish this figure of $1 billion were even close to correct: http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/07/01...ine/index.html

from the article dated July 1: (bolding mine)

I have read also that they are allowing adjuvants, previously unlicensed in the US (approved only for oversees malaria and yellow fever vaccines) to be used in the swine flu vaccine in order to 'stretch' the supply. Forgive me for not posting the link - there is so much swine flu news I can't seem to pull up this article from my searches.
You're right... The only information I had found about it at the time was a report issued by the congressional budget office Sept 2008 for plans to stockpile flu vaccines. They threw around a lot of figures-- up to $13.5 billion for various vaccine-related activities, but $1 billion was the figure specific to the vaccine stockpile.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/securi...cines_ch4.html

I wouldn't be surprised if this figure increases and continues to increase. That's the game they're playing here, right.

Oh, this report also includes the info about the FDA possibly pushing through vaccines that are unlicensed and haven't undergone the necessary clinical trials. To quote:
"if an influenza pandemic were to occur, the FDA could permit the use of unlicensed adjuvanted vaccines even if they had not completed the full cycle of clinical trials."
#29 of 57 Old 07-06-2009, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philia View Post
I am concerned about a pushed through vaccine. Does anyone know the ingredients yet? Aluminum ? toxic waste ?
I keep hoping there will not be a huge vaccine push in the fall. I can't wait to see a package insert . Let me know if you find anything as far as info on the vaccine once it is created
I will keep looking for this!
Lots of companies are working on a vaccine so the ingredients could be vastly different. Aluminum is likely. They want a vaccine that works most efficiently so it will probably contain "adjuvants" -- like aluminum, etc.
As posted previously, in this situation it is possible that the adjuvants used will be some that haven't gone through the traditional safety screening process-- this is an URGENT situation, remember.
#30 of 57 Old 07-07-2009, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philia View Post
Novartis will most likely be using an adjuvant called MF59 which made from squalene, a biological precursor to steroids. It has been in use for 10 years in the UK in a vaccine called Fluad, for seniors.

Baxter received licensing for a "mock up" pandemic vaccine by the European Medicines Agency. (pdf document)
http://www.emea.europa.eu/humandocs/.../H-982-en1.pdf

Their report states that the vaccine was only tested on 561 adult participants, and 72% acheived significant antibody response. In the vaccine, they found "trace (very low) levels [of]... formaldehyde, benzonase and sucrose."
In a pandemic, they even recommend giving the vaccine to people with known allergies to the components "as long as facilities for resuscitation are available."
:

They will collect the safety information after distribution in a pandemic.
New Zealand already purchased 300,000 doses.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...t_11662037.htm

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page