My oldest, we vaccinated until he was 4 months old...then nothing, until he was 2 years old, and a doctor at his check-up/physical freaked us out and threatened us, so we did some vaccinations just to make him happy.
Our second has never been to the pediatrician...ever. He has been the picture of a healthy child.
We just had an unassisted homebirth with our youngest 3 weeks ago, and I would like to try taking all of them back to get regular WBV checks again, but without the pressure to vaccinate all of them.
I have looked in the other forums and sub-forums, but I don't think anyone lives in my area....Burlington, NC. Can ANYONE help me!???
Katrina - Mama to Gabriel 11/20/2009 and Norah 10/11/2011 and Theo03/11/2013- married to Wayne -
The only "list" I know of is http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccine...ly_Doctors.asp
Some of them are selective/delayed friendly but not no vax friendly.
I agree with all above posters. We found our ped through our chiro
If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.
Anyhow, I don't know if I would get any good info out of her. NC only has one free-standing birth center, and its an hour away from me...so any peds they could suggest probably would be that far away too...ug! My midwife was fabulous because she is also a pediatrician of sorts...but again, her practice is an hour away. How come this area is so stinkin' lacking in midwives, birth centers, and naturally-minded people!?? Gah! Its so frustrating to me. Its not like NC is super anti-midwife from what I gather, and it seems like any HB midwives would be totally financially stable with all the business they could get from mama's I've heard of who are searching in the area. Right now I only know of 2 HB midwives in this state, and they are over an hour away from me...and then there is a Birth Center an hour away too, but they don't take VBAC's, even though I've had 2 already.
So, no local MW's, no good chiro referals, I guess I'll just have to do some internet surfing! Thanks ladies!
I have an unvaccinated 2 yr old and 5 mo old. I live in a really big city so there are hundreds of doctors. There must be some that would be no vacc friendly. My current pedi hasn't given much problem about it, but I want to switch for other reasons. With my current pedi I would just tell her I am still thinking about it and researching it. Now I am 90% sure I do not want to vax, might consider a few later since we plan to travel to some disease ridden countries overseas.
So what is the best way to go about interviewing a doctor about this issue? The kids only have a limited number of checkups where I can test out new doctors so I am considering just calling their offices and straight out asking if they will accept 2 unvaccinated children who will not be vaccinated. Do you think that is a bad idea? Or is it better to set up an appoinment for a check up?
I switched peds 3 times b/c I was harassed about vaxes. I finally decided to call each doctor (who accepted my ins.) in my area and ask his/her receptionist if the doctor would respect my decision to not vax my 2 girls. I didn't want to waste my time with any more doctors who were pro vax. I lucked out and found the perfect doctor with the first phone call. I told the receptionist I didn't vax and was looking for a doctor who would be ok with that and not harass me about it. She said her kids were vax free also. I even told her she could talk to the doctor and call me back, but she insisted he wouldn't care. She was right. He asked me at the first appt if I would be vaxing my girls and I told him no. He said, "your kids, your decision." He's never brought it up again. He's a DO, not a ped. Good luck with finding a doctor!
Hi! I cant really help...but I live in Burlington and have a 2 year old unvaccinated boy..and I am in the same boat as you...he saw a dr when he was 1 month and he hasnt had anymore visits because Burlington peds say they wont see your child if they are unvaccinated. I want to find him a dr and right now I cannot afford a ND or travel too far. So... I would appreciate any help too!!