Just got into a fight with the school nurse..new update post 107,I WON! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 131 Old 08-27-2010, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
WOOT!!

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#122 of 131 Old 08-27-2010, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's WONDERFUL!!!!! Congrats!!!!
#123 of 131 Old 08-27-2010, 04:44 PM

Awesome! Congratulations!
#124 of 131 Old 08-27-2010, 05:40 PM

congratulations! and thank you for sticking up for yourself and all of us!

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#125 of 131 Old 08-28-2010, 03:15 AM

YAYYYY! I don't post here much but I've read the whole thread and I'm SO happy you won.
#126 of 131 Old 08-31-2010, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Well,went to fill out the forms and they gave me the wrong one. They gave me the temporary exemption form when I need the religious one.The nurse wasn't in at either school,this was just from the principal at ds's school.So tomorrow morning I have to go to both schools and figure this out.Wish me luck that I can get this figured out quickly!I have so much to do tomorrow.

Student mama to one awesome,talented and unique dd,15 and one amazing, sweet and strong ds,12(born with heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot,also on the autism spectrum),9 cats,and 2 gerbils.
#127 of 131 Old 09-01-2010, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by muldey View Post
Well,went to fill out the forms and they gave me the wrong one. They gave me the temporary exemption form when I need the religious one.The nurse wasn't in at either school,this was just from the principal at ds's school.So tomorrow morning I have to go to both schools and figure this out.Wish me luck that I can get this figured out quickly!I have so much to do tomorrow.
I'm sure it will work out! Just goes to show how cluless these folks are when it cpmes to exemptions!! Good luck! keep up the great work

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#128 of 131 Old 09-01-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muldey View Post
Some people's kids .

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#129 of 131 Old 09-01-2010, 12:32 PM

This thread is now over a year old.

Congratulations on your tenaciousness.

Boo to the school for wasting time, energy, and funds fighting you and trying to deny you and your family your rights.

This is a lesson for all of us.
#130 of 131 Old 09-01-2010, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Everything is all set.I went to ds's school to get the right form,and they didn't have it.I had to have my ride drive across the city to get it from another school.Dd's school had the form.I got my copies for myself and their dr for both kids.I'm so glad this is over,for now anyway.Who knows what will happen next year.Thanks everyone for helping me out!

Student mama to one awesome,talented and unique dd,15 and one amazing, sweet and strong ds,12(born with heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot,also on the autism spectrum),9 cats,and 2 gerbils.
#131 of 131 Old 09-02-2010, 05:43 PM

Hey everyone! I'm also in RI and ds is 5 months old. I know he isn't going to be "school-age" any time soon but we don't vax (haven't so far) and haven't really looked into state laws surrounding it as far as entering the school system. We also are unsure at this time what we will end up doing (public/private/homeschool). I'm so relieved to stumble upon this ifo for my own knowledge! Its unbelievable how the school is choosing to deal with this! I can't say I'm surprised though...these people are raised and pretty much militantly trained to go along wholeheartedly with the common recommended vax schedules in his country and if they're older folks (I hear this from my parents often), they may bleieve that widespread vax back in the day are the reason we don't have the outbreaks that existed. I think its kind of ignorant to believe those things without researching anything but I suppose its all fearbased. Good for you for sticking to your guns! I def agree that you should perhaps get a lawyer to defend you here, even though you obviously already know your rights!
p.s. I was under the impression that there was just a general exemption form or perhaps a couple different kinds of exemptions? I'm not sure where i heard that but I must've been mistaken.

femalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gif crafty Mama to Maxwell, born April 5, 2010 and partner & best friend to Dan <3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page