quick..one or two sentences why you don't vax - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm waiting for a longterm study of the safety and effectiveness of the current vaccine program. If you think one has been done you are woefully mistaken. My son won't be a science experiment.

I am waiting for pharmacutical companies to be regulated so that they aren't making billions off of vaccine sales. I'm not vaccinating my son so some company can make a buck.

I have boys! My first baby boy was born 10/08 and my second baby boy was born 7/12

#32 of 37 Old 10-08-2009, 07:13 PM

Some of my reasons:

Husband has a history of disturbing, unexplained reactions to shots (not blood draws). Fainting, small seizures.

We have low risk for these diseases right now (breastfeeding - a couple of years ago, I still showed MMR immunities in a blood test; no daycare; nutrient dense diet with lots of vitamins A, D, K).

People have died after receiving vaccines. Might be the cost of doing business from a public health perspective, it's frightening to us, given #1 above.

I would like our son to be vaccinated for whooping cough, but I don't like injecting aluminum into his body. Nobody has shown clearly what all that injected aluminum does long term. Ditto formaldehyde, etc.

What about all those diseases we don't vaccinate for? There are risks in life. Pharmaceuticals are quite the human experiment, so we are picky about them.

I
#33 of 37 Old 10-15-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peainthepod View Post
"I don't believe in administering pharmaceutical drugs to healthy children unless it's absolutely necessary."

Also,I don't know if this applies to you or not, but DP and I also have a deep distrust of the pharmaceutical companies, and the FDA.

Double majoring Philosophy/History single student mommy geek.gif to DD(4yo)dust.gif. I heartbeat.gif reading (mostly feminist philosophy, Simone de Beauvoir and Jane Addams are my intellectual heros. I'm a dork pinktongue.gif), and sewmachine.gif.
You've got to get man off your eyeball, before you can see anything at all.- Shug Avery in "The Color Purple"

#34 of 37 Old 10-21-2009, 11:12 PM

I love this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rredhead View Post
What made me (personally) stop and think:
I can't give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. I have to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.

Right on!

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#35 of 37 Old 10-27-2009, 08:32 PM

In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.

and
I can't give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. I have to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.

These are BOTH key to what I feel....I have added these to my siggy on another board and will use them eventually on my FB....AMEN TO THAT!

Martha
Momma to Emma (10), Elzie (8), Gretchen (6), Olive (3), Rogan (1) and Baby #6 due end of April.

#36 of 37 Old 10-27-2009, 08:39 PM

God made our bodies perfect...simple as that

*there are medical interventions that can save lives, but injecting known human carcinogens etc directly into our bloodstreams (avoiding our bodies natural defence systems) just seems asinine (tee hee, love using that word!)

~Kelsey

wife & mum to 9yo dd, 7yo ds1 & 5yo ds2 and our rescue dog Roger!
#37 of 37 Old 10-28-2009, 02:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
After researching testing, ingredients, and the rise in chronic illnesses, I think that the vaccine is the greater risk than the disease in our situation.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page