I Just Found This Online... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 10 Old 11-03-2009, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
I just came across this book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations", available online for free! Has anybody read it yet? I haven't, so if anybody has a review, please let us know. Thanks!

http://books.google.com/books?id=L8C...20sids&f=false

"This is the sickest species the world has ever known."
Dr.John Bergman, speaking about the human species.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 11-03-2009, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post
I just came across this book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations", available online for free! Has anybody read it yet? I haven't, so if anybody has a review, please let us know. Thanks!

http://books.google.com/books?id=L8C...20sids&f=false
Yeah, I have that book and I read it. Dr. Cave is pro-vaccines. She gives vaccines out in her office and she lists her own recommended vaccine schedule in the book. Its impossible for a book to be totally unbiased, and I would call this a "pro-vaccine" book, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt that Dr. Cave is trying really hard to be "un-biased" and the book does document a lot of the horrific, damaging things about vaccines, so I like the book for that overall because the book exposes a lot of the unknown truths about vaccines, even if its a pro-vaccine book. I'd recommend the book for people to read, but certainly not as their one and only source because people should read anti-vaccine sources too, so that they see the full picture rather than only reading pro-vaccine sources. This book is way more "un-biased" than Dr. Sears' The Vaccine Book and I've seen how so many people are calling his book "un-biased" when its really a pro-vaccine book because Dr. Sears thinks that vaccines eradicated diseases and that they really work, and Dr. Cave thinks the same things too.

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

#3 of 10 Old 11-03-2009, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
totally agree with above....

there are better books out there that are more "neutral" on the subject

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#4 of 10 Old 11-03-2009, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Thanks! I would rather read something more neutral, or even anti-vax. You saved me valuable time, to research someplace else. Lord knows there is enough pro-vax literature out there!

"This is the sickest species the world has ever known."
Dr.John Bergman, speaking about the human species.

#5 of 10 Old 11-03-2009, 09:50 PM

I really liked Cave's book. She presents each disease, it's risks, the risks of vaccine, who should not get it...I think it is quite balanced.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#6 of 10 Old 11-04-2009, 12:20 AM

I like Cave's book as an introduction to the potential risks of vaccine damage. For someone just learning about vaccines, especially if they start out believing that vaccine injury is rare, it can be a useful resource. But there are definitely better vaccine books out there IMO, particularly if you want to know more about letting your children be vaccine-free.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#7 of 10 Old 11-10-2009, 01:42 AM

I agree with ASusan. I think the book is far more balanced, but more than being pro- and anti-vax, it's pro-research. She explains the diseases, the vaccines, how vaccines are tested (not enough), and why some vaccines were created (money).

I recommend it!

~ Robyn

Mom to Jackson, b. January 2006

and Cassandra, b. October 2011

weadopted.gif novaxnocirc.gif

http://chittisterchildren.wordpress.com

#8 of 10 Old 11-10-2009, 09:46 AM

I read it. It was the first book I read on vaccines and part of what made me pursue more info and other books, articles, etc. When I got to the end of the book and saw the vax schedule, it sort of threw me for a few minutes. Trying to think of some other books off hand. Anyone want to share the books they liked the best for op?
#9 of 10 Old 11-10-2009, 11:43 AM

It was the first book I read on the subject. It sparked my interest and I've been obsessively researching ever since. If I was to read it again though right now, I would see it as pro-vax probably because of my stance.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#10 of 10 Old 11-10-2009, 03:38 PM

Here's a link to some books here
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1020429

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page