Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What do you mean? You get an exemption.

DS 5-11-06
#3 of 20 Old 11-19-2009, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Daycares have more problems with illnesses that are not considered vaccine preventable. Pink eye, hand foot and mouth, Etc.

Wife to DH, Mom to my Intact Boys DS1: Born 02 Pain Med Free Hospital Birth, BF'ed for 9 Months, Partially Vax'd DS2: Born 06 via UC, BF'ed 3 years 10 months, and UnVax'd
#4 of 20 Old 11-19-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliachick7 View Post
What do you mean? You get an exemption.
I don't think the exemptions apply for private businesses.

Your best bet *I think* is to find a home daycare. Finding a center okay with non-vaxing... geez, good luck. The ones I worked at were very pro-vax (and formula and CIO and spanking and and and... )
#5 of 20 Old 11-19-2009, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

I mean is there a way around it? I plan to breastfeed so that will help with immunity.
#6 of 20 Old 11-19-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Jesse View Post
I don't think the exemptions apply for private businesses.

Your best bet *I think* is to find a home daycare. Finding a center okay with non-vaxing... geez, good luck. The ones I worked at were very pro-vax (and formula and CIO and spanking and and and... )
If the law applies, so do exemptions. More and more states are including all childcare facilities in vaccination law.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#7 of 20 Old 11-19-2009, 11:44 PM

If the daycare has any kind of state funding at all, like state-funded meal programs for example, then the daycare has to abide by the state's vaccine exemption laws too. Otherwise, privately owned daycares can make up their own rules about who to accept.

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

#8 of 20 Old 11-20-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereseReich View Post
Otherwise, privately owned daycares can make up their own rules about who to accept.
Some states require ALL public AND private childcares/schools to abide by vaccination law (which includes exemptions).

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#9 of 20 Old 11-20-2009, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

How would I find out info. about GA?
#10 of 20 Old 11-20-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeline II View Post
Some states require ALL public AND private childcares/schools to abide by vaccination law (which includes exemptions).
I'll take your word for it because thats a good thing if its true, but I just don't recall reading that in "Saying No To Vaccines" by Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, which is where I got my information from. I also think its a little bit strange that the states can force private daycares to abide by the vaccine laws, but they can't force private practice pediatrician offices to abide by the vaccine laws; like how private practice pediatricians can refuse/kick out patients who don't vaccinate. If they can do it, why can't the private daycares do it too?

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

#11 of 20 Old 11-21-2009, 10:19 PM

Nearly ALL daycare centers will take your exemption. Guess what? They dont have a choice. Its the law. Except, in those very few rare cases like private daycare centers that done take ANY governmental money.

DS 5-11-06
#12 of 20 Old 11-22-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereseReich View Post
I'll take your word for it because thats a good thing if its true, but I just don't recall reading that in "Saying No To Vaccines" by Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, which is where I got my information from. I also think its a little bit strange that the states can force private daycares to abide by the vaccine laws, but they can't force private practice pediatrician offices to abide by the vaccine laws; like how private practice pediatricians can refuse/kick out patients who don't vaccinate. If they can do it, why can't the private daycares do it too?
???? There is no vaccine law for pediatricians. Pediatricians are not required by law to have any person as a patient and can (legally) dismiss a patient with notice.

Daycares (depending on the state) ARE required by state law to obtain vaccination records from clients and have them on file--it's the law. If the the daycare is subject to vaccination law, that includes ALL parts of the law; vaccinations AND exemptions.

You don't have to take my word for it, just read the laws; they are available at NVIC.

#13 of 20 Old 11-22-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliachick7 View Post
Nearly ALL daycare centers will take your exemption. Guess what? They dont have a choice. Its the law. Except, in those very few rare cases like private daycare centers that done take ANY governmental money.
It depends on the state. Some vax laws only specify public school students and do not address daycares at all.

IF the law did not address daycares, and IF they accepted public money, THEN you could argue that they must accept your exemption.

#14 of 20 Old 11-22-2009, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by destany08 View Post
How would I find out info. about GA?
http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/sta...s/georgia.aspx

(2) For any child attending any school or facility in the state of Georgia
for the first time, a parent or guardian must submit a valid certificate of immunization.

e) This Code section shall not apply to a child whose parent or legal guardian objects to immunization of the child on the grounds that the immunization conflicts with the religious beliefs of the parent or guardian; however, the immunization may be required in cases when such disease is in epidemic stages. For a child to be exempt from immunization on religious grounds, the parent or guardian must first furnish the responsible official of the school or facility an affidavit in which the parent or guardian swears or affirms that the immunization required conflicts with the religious beliefs of the parent or guardian.

#15 of 20 Old 11-22-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeline II View Post
???? There is no vaccine law for pediatricians. Pediatricians are not required by law to have any person as a patient and can (legally) dismiss a patient with notice.

Daycares (depending on the state) ARE required by state law to obtain vaccination records from clients and have them on file--it's the law. If the the daycare is subject to vaccination law, that includes ALL parts of the law; vaccinations AND exemptions.
In a state where the private daycares also have to abide by the vaccines laws, which also include exemptions, and there is a privately owned daycare business, and the owner only wants to accept fully vaccinated kids, and an unvaccinated kid is applying to the daycare, can that private daycare refuse to accept the unvaccinated kid? I think, according to what you're saying, the answer is no, they can't refuse the unvaccinated kid, because they have to accept the exemption, according to law. I just think that is really strange and unfair when comparing that to how pediatricians have no vaccine laws, they don't have to keep vaccine records, and can refuse anyone as a patient.

#16 of 20 Old 11-22-2009, 06:46 PM

I run a preschool out of my home and live in NV. I MUST abide by the vaccine laws just like a public school. They even wanted my own children's vaccine records but I have a religious exemption and I would be more then willing to take an exemption from any one of my clients.

Another thing, it is MY responsibility as a child care provider to make sure all my charges are up to date on vaxes. If they aren't and social services visits and checks my records, *I* can get fined.

Kim
#17 of 20 Old 11-22-2009, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

For a child to be exempt from immunization on religious grounds, the parent or guardian must first furnish the responsible official of the school or facility an affidavit in which the parent or guardian swears or affirms that the immunization required conflicts with the religious beliefs of the parent or guardian.

What exactly does this mean?
#18 of 20 Old 11-22-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
For a child to be exempt from immunization on religious grounds, the parent or guardian must first furnish the responsible official of the school or facility an affidavit in which the parent or guardian swears or affirms that the immunization required conflicts with the religious beliefs of the parent or guardian.

You should be able to simply write a note stating the following:

I, ________, do not vaccinate my children for religious reasons.

Signed,

Re:
child's name
#19 of 20 Old 11-23-2009, 10:12 PM

You might want to get it notarized too (sp)? Let us know how it goes. I'd bring a copy of the state law with you to show them in case they don't have it
#20 of 20 Old 12-01-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:

Here was my letter we used with my daughter for daycare in GA:

Quote:
To whom it may concern;

We, Pirogi and Pirogi's DH, as the parents of {DD}, are exercising our rights under: the United States Constitution; O.C.G.A. § 20-2-771; and The National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Childcare, to receive Religious Exemption from Vaccination, due to our genuine and sincere religious beliefs which are contrary to the practices therein required.

The U.S. Supreme Court held in Frazee V. Illinois Dept. of Security, 489 U.S. 829, that a religious belief is subject to protection even though no religious group espouses such beliefs or the fact that the religious group to which the individual professes to belong may not advocate or require such belief. This ruling is also reflected in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended Nov. 1, 1980; 29 C. F. R. Part 1605.1-Guidelines on Discrimination Because of Religion.

I, Pirogi, do affirm that Pirogi's DH and I do hold sincere religious beliefs which are contrary to the practice of vaccination.

Sincerely,
Pirogi
Then again, this may have been a bit of overkill ... cocopop's letter would probably work just as well. We had our letter notarized, and we submitted it with a copy of the Georgia code. No problems!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page