Getting frustrated - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-29-2010, 03:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a bf b15 month old who received two hep b shots before i came to my senses. We didn't go back to her ped until a year later because I couldn't find a non vax friendly doc and that was the only place with any records on her at all. Dr. told us we couldn't stay at the practice. We need to find a new dr to moniter dd as she is showing some developmental delays. She was just tested through maryland's EI program. So now i feel like there's some pressure as far as time goes to find a new dr. Have had no luck with tribal area in the past and yahoo groups as well... any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 01-29-2010, 04:13 AM

Hugs mama... what are her delays?
I hope other moms can direct you to a doc that's ok with parental choice.
#3 of 10 Old 01-29-2010, 04:24 AM

Sorry to hear that....and i hate to hear that your peds is so narrow minded he would refuse you based off vaccination statues IMO that should be considered discrimination!
as far as a dr...you dont have to go to a peds...we personally have a family doc who we love that doesnt vaccinate in her office
holistic docs are also a good option...
I posted a thread about about state vaccine organisations...check it out ,contact your local non vaccinating group they may have some suggestions www.thinktwice.com is where i loctaed the state groups & orgs info
HTH

Keri
Non-Vax~No-Circ~T4L-Homeschooler~co-sleep~EBF~"Crunchy" SAHM to DD &DS
#4 of 10 Old 01-29-2010, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would suggest checking with alternative health practitioners in your area. Our ped is the ped of DS's chiropractor who doesn';t vaccinated her kids.

Do you have a holistic moms network meeting in your area? Many of those members do not vax either.

Sorry to hear about your LO.....Hope you find a supportive respectful practionioner soon!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#5 of 10 Old 01-29-2010, 07:56 PM

Ask around at a La Leche League meeting near you.

Try a DO instead of an MD. That's not a guarantee, as I've had conventional DO's before, but it might be worth a try.

Kim mama to DS 12/2005, Pepper kitty , and 10/03, 1/05;
#6 of 10 Old 01-30-2010, 01:24 PM

Holistic doctor!!!! For sure!

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

#7 of 10 Old 01-30-2010, 03:05 PM

You could find your local attachment parenting group through the API site; they may have a recommendation.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#8 of 10 Old 01-31-2010, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not sure what her delays are exactly, she was evaluated a few weeks ago and she's behind in fine motor skills, feeding, language comprehension, and something else. We're meeting this week to figure out her IFSP (plan of attack basically) and going from there.
i've asked around at LLL but haven't found anyone who is in my dd's insurance network.
I guess I am mostly frustrated because I had no idea how "against the grain" non vaxing is... and I finally got dh on board and now we can't find her a dr!
Is it helpful or detrimental to my searching to ask the fp or ped's office staff the policy on vaxing? I just don't want to go through all the paperwork of getting dd's card changed to a new dr to show up at an appt where I'll be harrassed for caring about my kid's health.
Normally i wouldn't be so stressed about finding a dr for her, but with the delays I worry about not having a dr on file for her.
I just found out yesterday that we have one dr that is nearish that may be a little crunchy (I hope-found her name on tribal archives here!) but I don't know if she's taking new patients. Is there a smiley for crossing fingers/hoping?
I'll look into takeanap again, good idea.
#9 of 10 Old 01-31-2010, 06:26 PM

#10 of 10 Old 01-31-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoulunbound View Post
Is it helpful or detrimental to my searching to ask the fp or ped's office staff the policy on vaxing? I just don't want to go through all the paperwork of getting dd's card changed to a new dr to show up at an appt where I'll be harrassed for caring about my kid's health.
Normally i wouldn't be so stressed about finding a dr for her, but with the delays I worry about not having a dr on file for her.
. Is there a smiley for crossing fingers/hoping?
I'll look into takeanap again, good idea.
I have a PPO so this isn't a problem for me; but if this is a big time consuming hassle, you may want to ask, but, the staff isn't always representative of the doctor's views.

http://www.attachmentparenting.org/

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page