How do you respond to "social responsibility" ? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 08-17-2010, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
It's not so easy to be all philosophical about vax reactions when it has happened in your family. My cousin was left mentally and physically disabled to the point she could not physically care for herself and wasn't even expected to reach adulthood. She did, but she died at 22 barely able to communicate and unable to feed herself still as a result of vax reaction.
Yes, and i have a friend who died of measles. You are living your reality, i am living mine. There is certainly room for both viewpoints in this world.
#62 of 64 Old 08-17-2010, 10:57 AM

Haven't read all the replies...but I always answer that question with - "which vaccines do you think confer the possibility of herd immunity?" If they can't answer it, I tell them I'm not even willing to discuss it with them since they are completely uninformed. Please come back when you have a clue. If they give a wrong answer I correct them and follow up with "my DD is not a sheep dog, it's not her job to protect the herd"

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#63 of 64 Old 08-17-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBecGo View Post
Yes, and i have a friend who died of measles. You are living your reality, i am living mine. There is certainly room for both viewpoints in this world.
I must have misread, I thought it was meningitis. Although my reality includes my own experience with as a cancer survivor. I had chemo also, and my child was and is unvaxed. I was also advised to stay away from the recently vaxed when I had cancer. As I posted before, as a person that has been immunecompromised, no one owes me a vax. Don't vax on my account.
#64 of 64 Old 08-17-2010, 02:09 PM

I vax for MY OWN reasons, and conscience, as i have stated. I am not on a personal crusade to save those on chemo from measles, i don't expect gratitude, i don't think vaxing for social reasons makes me a "better" person. No-one IRL would even know about my friend, i don't talk about it unless specifically asked. And i know that if everyone vaccinated the chance of the diseases mutating into deadly new strains would happen much faster, so i actually think it's pretty valuable to have folks who choose a different path to mine. I have stated repeatedly on this thread that i believe that everyone's opinion and decision is valid. I am not against you. I support your right, WHATEVER your reasons, to not vaccinate your child.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page