A question regarding the health of your unvaccinated children. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 71 Old 08-06-2010, 03:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ODS, vaccinated, is 8 and has autism. YDS is 6 and had only a few months of vaccines -- stopped after 2 months. DD, 2 months, isn't vaxxed and won't be.

I don't blame only vaccines for son's autism, though feel they played a part - the toxic tipping point. I had 8 mercury fillings when pregnant and nursing him, plus he was very colicy, which I later figured out was due to a milk allergy (I breastfed him, but drank milk). When he weaned at 15 months, he started getting eczema from cow's milk before I figured it out and removed it from his diet. He also had several ear infections and was treated with antibiotics for them, so I feel like the period from 15 - 18 months (when he received MMR, chickenpox and other vaxxes) his immunity was already challenged and the vaccines were too much (eczema + ear infections + the CDC schedule of vaccines).

YDS has been healthy as a horse (knock on wood). Caught his first real cold when he started preschool at 3, and had flu last fall, but recovered after 5 days of rest.
#62 of 71 Old 08-09-2010, 12:08 AM

Both my husband and I and our parents were vaxinated with everything available. Our oldest daughter received one dose of DTap/Hib. Our youngest received no vaccinations.

I have 6-7 analgram (sp?) fillings, and breastfeed both girls (3 months with first DD, 9 months with second).

Our daughters have no signs of autism at all. There is no sign of it in any of our relatives (all vaxed) regardless of age.

Health-wise, I have noticed that everybody else's kids (some much, much more than others) are always sick with colds, flu, serious earaches, random viruses going around. My oldest (6) was sick with a flu/virus three times in her life and had 2 earaches (only one was treated with antibiotics, the other with homeopathics) and 2 bouts of pink eye (I believe one was treated with medication, but the other was definitely treated with homeopatics. My other daughter (4 yrs) has never been "sick" nor had any infections beyond one bad cold at a year old, treated at home. When everyone else has horrible colds in the winter, we all share runny noses, though DH and I are always the worst off. DH and I also get sick with flu/virus about once a year, me usually around the holidays and DH shortly before or thereafter.
#63 of 71 Old 08-09-2010, 12:29 AM

My kids are both partially/selectively vaxed.

Dd1 is neurotypical, dd2 has SPD.

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
#64 of 71 Old 08-11-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
There are a lot of reasons not to vaccinate, but autism should not be one of them. The supposed link between the MMR vaccine and autism has recently been debunked. In fact, Dr. Andrew Wakefield, the doctor who "discovered" the link was recently disgraced and stripped of his license to practice medicine for falsifying the results of his vaccine study. I'm not concerned about it in the slightest.
The OP didn't ask that. Here is what she asked:

"Do any of your vaccinated or partially vaccinated children have Autism?

Do any of your 100% UNvaccinated children have Autism?"

poetry-writing feminist, loving my h and my ju-ju-be
"That rug really tied the room together."
#65 of 71 Old 08-11-2010, 12:26 PM

My partially vaxed ds (6) appears to have Asperger's with ADHD symptoms (working on a diagnosis). My unvaxed dd (4) does not have any mental/behavioral health issues.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#66 of 71 Old 08-12-2010, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My only Son is non vax'd. No signs of autism in our home. Our Son is very healthy. So blessed. We have noticed peanut butter was an issue, may try in a year again.

Our decision was not based on autism, just pure research and not wanting to mess with what is naturally right (for us)! I worked for a holistic dentist prior to having DS. He taught me soooo much about vax's and toxins in the body. I have had the ability to watch folks detox from heavy metals and seen the "person" emerge, fantastic. Also, my prior boss has 3 healthy adult children that they did not vax, living proof!

I was FULLY vaccinated, soy formula from day one and laid in a crib from what I am told. I was heavy my whole life and have now lost 147lbs and have kept that off for 7 years after learning I have celiacs. I am extremely sensitive and know that DS more than likely is too.

'09   
#67 of 71 Old 08-14-2010, 01:21 AM

2 autistic nephews (cousins); fully vaxed according to schedule- oldest in mid 90s and youngest in 2002.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
#68 of 71 Old 08-14-2010, 01:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
DD #1 (now 20) was partially vaxed as a child and does/did have ADD tendencies (never diagnosed, but was evaluated as a 9 year old by the school but deemed not to have ADD), otherwise was a healthy, robust child. DD #2 (12) and DS (10) both unvaxed, have no mental/behavioral or health issues.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#69 of 71 Old 08-15-2010, 02:29 AM

this would be much more effective and easy to do if presented as a poll. Is there anyway for you to go in and edit it to include a poll? I didn't read and perhaps this has been mentioned....

dd1 is partially vaxed and has been damaged by it IMO (very intelligent but has food intolerances and tics and behaviors, most of which are controlled by diet (GFCFSF) and yeast protocols at times. dd2 had no interventions or vax and is fine.

To begin to save the world, we must first nurture the children. Read "The Continuum Concept: In Search of Happiness Lost"    saynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactlact.gifMe-hippie.gifreading.gifhelp.gif10.5 yo dd1- nut.gifreading.gifblahblah.gif ; 5 yo dd2- angel.gifhearts.gifbouncy.gif
#70 of 71 Old 08-15-2010, 04:59 AM

My daughter is two years old, unvaccinated, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have ASD. We don't see doctors, but nothing she does strikes me as being out of the ordinary and she proves to be highly intelligent.

Autism really has nothing to do with why I chose not to vaccinate. I just think it's important not to tamper with what is natural.
#71 of 71 Old 01-06-2011, 09:55 PM

This is an old post. But, yes, I have a DD who is unvaxed and has ASD.  In case anyone is wondering I didn't eat fish while pregnant and I have 1 amalgam filling.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page