make me feel more confident about not vaxing for measles and pertussis - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-07-2012, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

One of the vaccines I am least 'on the fence' about is the Pertussis vaccine.  Although it is the VPD I am most concerned about getting, the efficacy of this vaccine is almost laughable to me.  While I know it can infect both vaxed and unvaxed children, every child I know who has been affected by WC was fully vaccinated.  Also, the Center for Infectious Disease Dynamics at Penn State, did a study finding that the "Acellular pertussis vaccination enhances B. parapertussis colonization" and "these data suggest that the vaccine may be contributing to the observed rise in whooping cough incidence over the last decade by promoting B. parapertussis infection."  

Measels is a pretty benign disease in healthy people, so I never worry about that.  I just keep up a healthy, whole foods diet, supplement with fish oil, vitamins c and d3, probiotics, and Traditional Chinese Medicine.  I'm blessed to say that both of my unvaxed kids are extremely healthy so far.  Good luck with your decision!

Proud mommy to DS 10/27/09, and two crazy fur babies, married to my superman, and loving this mommy thing! No circ, no vaxes, veg, and making up the rest as I go along
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 10:55 AM

OMG BOKONON I just read your post, my heart is aching for you.  You should never ever feel guilty for making a snap judgment that you thought would protect your children!!!!!!  You sound like an amazing mother, you did NOT fail your children!!!!!!  All my love and support going to you and your daughter right now, I am so sorry you're going through this.

Proud mommy to DS 10/27/09, and two crazy fur babies, married to my superman, and loving this mommy thing! No circ, no vaxes, veg, and making up the rest as I go along
Old 09-07-2012, 12:36 PM

I'm so glad I found this thread. We just found out we're pregnant with baby #2, but I've been kind of freaking out about pertussis. We haven't done any vaccinations with DD at all. She's had illnesses and come through them just fine. I am confident in her immune system. She was also breastfed for 18 months (she's almost 3 now). But I have been worried about what she might bring home to the baby. She doesn't go to daycare, I stay home with her. We play with vaxxed and unvaxxed kids. I know it is unlikely she will bring anything bad home to the baby, and that I'll probably be exposed to it as well so I will create antibodies and they will get to baby via my breastmilk. I know all the logical reasons *for me* not to vaccinate her for the baby's sake, and especially not to vaccinate the baby. But those stories out there floating around are just.SO.scary. This thread has helped to put my mind at ease. I'm still freaking out a bit, but this has helped. Thanks ladies!!

Old 09-09-2012, 08:10 PM

momtoafireteam---

You did not do anything wrong.  You made what you thought was the best decision you could at the time.  It is not your fault that your baby got pertussis.  Your older children may or may not have had anything to do with the scenario, most likely it was picked up in the hospital.  You can't cover all bases, you tried the best you could based on the circumstances.  I also toyed with the idea of getting my older child the DTaP series before this baby is born.  It was a hard decision to not do it, and it was a hard decision to think of doing it.  If I was to have 3 preemies, I might have done just what you did.  Don't beat yourself up!  How are the other 2 triplets doing by the way?  Did they ever catch it?

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
Old 09-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaW View Post

Measles is a mild disease in a healthy person. It is easily treated with extra vitamin A & C drops.

IMO measles and pertussis as well as MOST other childhood diseases respond VERY well to repletion of both vitamin D and vitamin C. This works both in prevention of serious infections AND as treatment for serious infections.

Preventative dosing with vitamin C can be 1 gram of ascorbic acid/50 pounds of body weight/day coupled with lots of fresh raw high C fruit.. Treatment with vitamin C is a little more complex but often highly effective.

http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/198x/smith-lh-clinical_guide_1988.htm

Vitamin D is best supplied by exposure to the sun with no "sunscreen" during the noon time hours. In winter with no sun available vitamin D3 supplements can be taken at a dose of about 1000 IU of vitamin D3/20 pounds of body weight/day.

Learn to use vitamins C and D and you have a tool that will PREVENT MUCH of disease; no one can take from you; OBVIATES "vaccines" and much else "medical treatment" AND is dirt cheap. Best thing since sex.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoafireteam View Post

As you know, this lasts weeks. So she is still in the racking, horrific cough period. And yes, I totally agree with you that it feels like they will die in your arms. My DD does turn blue, and vomit and her eyes roll back and her back arches and she screams in pain. Its the most awful, terrifying thing I have ever experienced in my life. I wish I could take it from her. 

IMO vitamin D is at least part of the solution to ALL problems of the lungs. Vitamin D3 drops are available and can be given to infants to raise their vitamin D levels. The dose recommended by most peds is pathetically TOO LOW. You want IMO to replete your infant to at least 60 ng/ml. This usually requires a dose of about 1000 IU of vitamin D3/20 pounds of body weight/day

The reasons the peds are not recommending a correct dose is because they are following CDC recommendations which are pathetically TOO LOW.

“The latest research suggests that any [vitamin D] level below 50 ng/ml is actually a deficiency state.”   Doctor Joseph Mercola MD

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-deficiency/vitamin-d-deficiency-a-global-epidemic/

IMO you MUST become much more learned than your ped and the CDC in vitamin D. This takes relatively few hours. NO one can do this for you. Once you discover the horrible disinformation on vitamin D the Medical Industry is giving you, you will not trust them again and will critically examine EVERYTHING you put in your children.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/

With pertussis vitamin C has also achieved good results. Once again don't even ask your ped or the CDC for a dose.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)

If you're going to use vitamin D, remember how important cholesterol is--please don't believe the theory that high cholesterol is bad for your heart. We Need cholesterol.

"Since cholesterol is a precursor to vitamin D, inhibiting the synthesis of cholesterol will also inhibit the synthesis of vitamin D. Since sunlight is required to turn cholesterol into vitamin D, avoiding the sun will likewise undermine our ability to synthesize vitamin D. And since vitamin D-rich foods are also rich in cholesterol, low-cholesterol diets are inherently deficient in vitamin D."

Funny, we are told to avoid cholesterol and sunlight. Thank you, but I will take my health advice from someplace other than the government recommendations. Their recommendations are wrong! Just, wrong.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Old 09-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post
Funny, we are told to avoid cholesterol and sunlight.

Yes and we are told not to miss our "child wellness visits" and "flu shots"

Kinda makes you wonder no? Just what are they promoting?

Old 09-15-2012, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)

This is an important article to read, it goes into great depth about treating Whooping Cough with Vitamin C

http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/2012/09/07/vitamin-c-for-whooping-cough-updated-edition-suzanne-humphries-md/

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 09-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post
Funny, we are told to avoid cholesterol and sunlight.

Long before I started to be very interested in my health I KNEW several things.

o Vitamin D could be easily toxic and you had to be careful with it

o Sunlight could give you cancer and you had to use sunscreen or better yet stay out of the noontime sun

o Vaccination of children was absolutely essential to prevent many diseases

o Cholesterol is often a cause of CVD

Now the truth is all this is complete garbage. How did I learn all this nonsense while not paying any attention to health matters? How was it that almost EVERYONE else shared these completely false impressions?

It is diametrically WRONG because it is propaganda brought to you by the same people who are preying on the human herd.

Critical thinking is REQUIRED folks. What everyone KNOWS is OFTEN completely diametrically WRONG.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

So how much sun would a breastfeeding momma need to get on a daily basis to achieve sufficient levels of vit. D? Can I buy pure ascorbic acid at whole foods or something? I drink EmergenC but it lists different forms of c as well. I get plenty of cholesterol through eggs, butter, bacon, whole milk, etc...

Old 09-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Banned

"Prior to vaccination, infants were less susceptible to pertussis because real “herd immunity” was in place, and mothers were passing on immunity to their infants during the vulnerable time. Since vaccination, this herd immunity has actually been abolished, and infants are now more susceptible due to their vaccinated or non-immune mothers lacking specific antibody and cellular immunity for pertussis. This can be verified in the medical literature:"   http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/2012/09/07/vitamin-c-for-whooping-cough-updated-edition-suzanne-humphries-md/

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1357858/vaccination-does-not-confer-herd-immunity

Couple this with.

So in 1976 we had 1,010 cases of pertussis. Then we started  to inject more and more of this immunosupressive "pertussis vaccine" poison into our kids and any foolish adult who signed up. In 2004 we had 25,827 cases of pertussis and most kids are getting FIVE "pertussis vaccines" in a triple shot soup dose. In 1978 about one percent of the hospital cases of pertussis involved infants under the age of one year, who are most at risk of death from pertussis NOW it is about 67% of infants UNDER TWO MONTHS,

Year Reported Cases*
2000 7,867
2001 7,580
2002 9,771
2003 11,647
2004 25,827
2005 25,616
2006 15,632
2007 10,454
2008 13,278
2009 16,858
2010 27,550
2011* 18,719

*CDC Total reported cases include those with unknown age.

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Documents/PertussisReport2011-06-15.pdf

So why the hell are we even talking about a "vaccine solution" to pertussis? The "pertussis vaccine" is CLEARLY the PROBLEM NOT the solution. Please note that pertussis itself is NOT a major health problem.

I'll tell you why. Because once the parents of this country figure out that "vaccines" do not solve problems but create problems we could see a revolution in this country; a revolution that brings better health and MUCH lower "health care" costs for us and drastically LOWERS the amount of our money flowing to the Medical Industry.

Big Government, Big Depopulation, Big Medicine and Big Vaccine cannot allow this.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

So how much sun would a breastfeeding momma need to get on a daily basis to achieve sufficient levels of vit. D? Can I buy pure ascorbic acid at whole foods or something? I drink EmergenC but it lists different forms of c as well. I get plenty of cholesterol through eggs, butter, bacon, whole milk, etc...

I get my sodium ascorbate through Amazon.com.  

I think I've read that if you're already vit. D deficient, then you will need supplementation to get to optimal levels, as will your baby.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
Old 09-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

So how much sun would a breastfeeding momma need to get on a daily basis to achieve sufficient levels of vit. D?

If the sun casts a shadow longer than you are tall you will not make good vitamin D. I do try to get sun around then because at 47 degrees north latitude we do not make good vitamin D for about six months out of the year.

If both you and your baby are nude about 30 minutes of full noon sun should do it. Half dressed is one hour. Your baby needs direct sun also. Just follow the procedure below for you BOTH.

How to protect your body from the sun without suntan lotion and other gunk

"Skin cancer, blamed on sunshine, is not caused by the sun. It is caused by trans fats from vegetable oils and margarine and other toxins stored in the skin. In addition, some of the sunscreens that people use contain chemicals that have been proven to cause skin cancer.”      Doctor Natasha Campbell-McBride MD 

The sun is capable of doing damage to your body. This damage can be gauged by the redness of your skin during and after exposure to the sun. The redder your skin the more sun has penetrated deeply and caused free radical damage. So first you need to be topped up on your anti-oxidants before exposure to the sun. The other step is to avoid getting red skin. You do this by acquiring a tan gradually over the months when the sun is weak. When your skin starts getting red get out of the sun or better still anticipate the redness and get out before it appears. After you have acquired a deep tan you can stay out for many hours without getting red. The design of nature and your goal is to keep the sun from penetrating deeply into your body; your vitamin D is made on your skin surface from cholesterol rich skin oils. You do this by acquiring a deep dark tan over many months.

I spend a lot of time outside, on a sunny windless February day I will often pull off my shirt.  Most years by May I have a good tan. I have fair skin and burn easily but by gradually increasing my exposure to an increasingly powerful sun, most years, I am able to acquire a tan without use of any sun block or lotion. My face burns so I often shade it with a broad rimmed hat, although IMO you should get some sun on your unprotected head. By July I can spend most of the day in the sun with only shorts on and WITHOUT a drop of suntan poison. Its currently August 5 I have a deep golden tan and can stay out in the sun all day in a swim suit without getting red.

The simple primal act of getting the high noon sun on your bare “unprotected” skin in large amounts just may be the most important single thing you can do for your health.

User Tag List