Great mainstream media article. Are people waking up? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-19-2010, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle1558318/

I really hope this is a sign people are waking up to what vaccinations are really about.

I also think it's a good sign fewer doctors are giving the shots if children are already not feeling well. Maybe their consciences are finally kicking in.
#2 of 9 Old 05-19-2010, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I do not see this as positive media coverage, quite the opposite. While yes, more parents are delaying or refusing and theat may be a good thing, This piece and many others that have been put out recently about this latest CDC report gloss over and generalize (mostly incorrectly) about WHY parents are refusing or delaying. They make us sound like a bunch of ninnys who are putting the entire population at risk.

We have been discussing this in the main forum

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1223546

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 9 Old 05-19-2010, 12:28 PM

The article is trying to say all thse moms are wrong about not vaxing or delaying, for there could be "grave consequences" (their words). I'll be happy when media starts showing non/delayed vaxing as not a bad thing (even better if they say it's a good thing .
#4 of 9 Old 05-19-2010, 01:14 PM

And - once again, it's all about autism

That was on the bottom of my decision making list

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#5 of 9 Old 05-19-2010, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Call me crazy, but I am always happy to see blatantly silly stuff in these articles.

To me, hopefully, even the average bear can see through the balogne, and the more the press prints of it, the more people will realise that it is just propaganda paid for by the advertising budgets of big pharma.

They see it as trying to scare the "public", I see it as encouraging!!
#6 of 9 Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KistheMum View Post
Call me crazy, but I am always happy to see blatantly silly stuff in these articles.

To me, hopefully, even the average bear can see through the balogne, and the more the press prints of it, the more people will realise that it is just propaganda paid for by the advertising budgets of big pharma.

They see it as trying to scare the "public", I see it as encouraging!!
Sadly, often times, the average person can not see through the baloney. And the more the press prints anything, even something that is completely false, the more the average person will believe it without question. Most people, it seems, do not like to think for themselves and many people lack the critical thinking skills needed to sift through the vax propaganda or even ask the pertinent questions.
KistheMum likes this.
#7 of 9 Old 05-20-2010, 11:51 AM

Haven't read it, but don't expect much... I just cannot see all those articles anymore, they seem to be everywhere these days. I think "they" really are scared of educated parents, which is why they keep bringing up the autism thingie. I just don't know why people don't notice the blatantly obvious blablabla in those articles. The cliches are getting really boring...
But as mentioned before, the non-critical and eager to fit-in reader won't ask questions. It's hammered to much in parents' heads how evil they would be for just asking a question... It's extremely emotion-laden.
#8 of 9 Old 05-24-2010, 11:56 PM

Here's some better ones:

http://petal-news.com/blog/2875147/Vaccinations

http://www.wapt.com/news/15276018/detail.html

These represent some of the coverage I managed to get for the issue when I lived in Mississippi, which many of us know lacks adequate exemptions options.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#9 of 9 Old 05-25-2010, 12:25 AM

This one is pretty awesome:

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/prnewswi...__DC09375.html

Loving mother, Devoted Wife

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page