"Vaxes up to date...?" - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-01-2010, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageMom6 View Post
That works great until your child falls off a swing and breaks her arm and has to go to the hospital. That's where we've always encountered the dreaded "Up to date?" question.

I tend to answer "Yes" because according to me, we are "up to date". We are current in our practice of not vaccinating.

Since vaccines aren't 100% effective, even if my child is sick and fully vaccinated, the doctors still need to consider those illnesses as a possibility.
For those of you that lie, are you ever afraid they will check up on you and find out you are lying? I'm a terrible liar. And I have not been able to let myself lie so far when asked if he is vaccinated. Granted, if DS ever breaks a bone, knowing whether or not he is vaccinated has NO relevance to his treatment, so it wouldn't matter, I just fear being caught in a lie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2010, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just say "We are not vaccinating" but with certain family members dh has said "she has everything she needs" which doesn't say she has them but doesn't say she doesn't either....

My Filling Quiver: You said this in your post: "your choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about. "

I LOVE this view!

Martha
Momma to Emma (10), Elzie (8), Gretchen (6), Olive (3), Rogan (1) and Baby #6 due end of April.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:36 AM

Mentioned: 239 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Tessa -

It wouldn't bother me at all to lie. In fact, I wish I had when we took DS to the ER. In the future, I'll just say yep. I don't want the hairy eyeball or someone changing their care plan because they think I'm an uneducated hick who needs extra medicine (I had a doc prescibe 4 antibiotics for an ear infection because she was saying there might be all these other infections or it might be resistant. She also gave me a speech about vaccinations. Needless to say, we didn't go back. I did my own research gave one antibiotic and skipped the rest. My son recovered just fine. But, that's way off topic.)

Sorry. If they did catch me in the lie, I would just say we are up to date according to our religious belief's schedule, which is no vaccinations. Besides the fact, there is no way the ER would find this out. How would they find out? Call the doctor's office? If the doctor's office was open, we'd have gone there. And why would they check, anyways?

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com

User Tag List