Raising a Vaccine Free Child, Wendy Lydall - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 06-30-2010, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did anyone read this book? I want to get it because it sounds really good. (It sounds like it includes everything I have been interested in since I have started researching vaccines two years ago.) Anyone have anyone input on it, and whether you found it useful or not? TIA!

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#2 of 18 Old 06-30-2010, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes, I have it.

It's quite good in that it covers how to treat VPD's naturally. I found it wasn't the BEST book I have on the subject, but did have some valuable information in it.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 18 Old 06-30-2010, 11:04 PM

Which book do you think is the best?
#4 of 18 Old 06-30-2010, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
It's a self published book, and it doesn't seem like she hired an editor. The grammatical errors were distracting and annoying.

She writes a lot about homeopathic treatments. At the time I read the book, I was not open to that, so the book wasn't very interesting to me. I read the book several years ago, but from what I remember, she gives the impression that homeopathy is necessary to treat the illnesses, which I know from experience is not the case.
#5 of 18 Old 07-01-2010, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoen1 View Post
Which book do you think is the best?
I like Avvvia Jill Romms book and Sherri Tenpenny's book. Mayer Eisensteins new book is great too. Lydall's book is more about alternative treatments vs lots of specific vax info.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#6 of 18 Old 07-02-2010, 11:47 PM

I found this book to be so poorly done. It's all over the place. Obviously she had no editor. I wasn't at all satisfied with the little bit that actually addressed how to raise a vaccine free child. I like Prescription for Nutritional Healing.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#7 of 18 Old 07-09-2010, 10:39 AM

I just ordered this book on Amazon as well as a couple others....Prescription for Nutritional Healing is on my list for the next time I make an order.....As well as several others....

I've heard a lot of good things about her book from another site....so it sounds like some love it some dont....I'll have to see what I feel about it when it gets here

Martha
Momma to Emma (10), Elzie (8), Gretchen (6), Olive (3), Rogan (1) and Baby #6 due end of April.

#8 of 18 Old 07-09-2010, 05:19 PM

I like it. While I'm not really into homeopathy, her book is written from the perspective of someone who has actually treated these disease, so she's able to breakdown what to expect in a normal course of illness.

#9 of 18 Old 07-10-2010, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2two View Post
It's a self published book, and it doesn't seem like she hired an editor. The grammatical errors were distracting and annoying.

She writes a lot about homeopathic treatments. At the time I read the book, I was not open to that, so the book wasn't very interesting to me. I read the book several years ago, but from what I remember, she gives the impression that homeopathy is necessary to treat the illnesses, which I know from experience is not the case.
I'm just wondering what you mean when you say homeopathy is not necessary to treat the illnesses. Are you saying you don't need any intervention at all with some illnesses? It sounds like you have some experience so I would love to hear it! I'll take all the advice I can get being a new mom

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#10 of 18 Old 07-10-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2two View Post
Hmm, I have to disagree. While she is candid about her belief in homeopathy, in the section that discusses treating a child with each of the diseases, the majority of it is palliative care.

#11 of 18 Old 07-10-2010, 11:59 PM

pm me, I will send it to you for the cost of the mailing. I do not think it is very good.
#12 of 18 Old 07-12-2010, 10:57 AM

I don't get, why do we need a special book on raising a kid vax free? My kid is already an adult, I didn't do anything special just because we didn't vax.
#13 of 18 Old 07-21-2010, 12:07 AM

nm

knit.gifMama to reading.gif  and  babygirl.gif
#14 of 18 Old 07-21-2010, 09:28 AM

Naturally Healthy Babies and Children: A Commonsense Guide to Herbal Remedies, Nutrition, and Health by Aviva Jill Romm

Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child by Janet Zand

I love both of those books. The 2nd one is nice because it gives you 3 ways to treat a disease (modern med, homeopathy, and bach flower essences). It tells you what symptoms indicate it is time for intervention (modern med).
#15 of 18 Old 03-29-2011, 01:40 PM

not at all. she explicity says that homeopathy is not needed in childhood diseases (she makes a difference between childhood diseases and infectious diseases, at it should be) and that in most cases it is best to leave the disease take its course with rest, fluids and without suppressing occuring fevers.

#16 of 18 Old 03-29-2011, 01:44 PM

sorry, my above reply was meant for:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2two View Post

#17 of 18 Old 03-31-2011, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post

I don't get, why do we need a special book on raising a kid vax free? My kid is already an adult, I didn't do anything special just because we didn't vax.

I get what you are staying, but the book goes into treating VADs which for some is useful. I have read the book and it is okay. My unvaxed kids have reached the teen and pre-teen stage, and by the time you get there with unvaxed kids, I think you realize that there is nothing special needed. 

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#18 of 18 Old 04-03-2011, 09:42 PM

Great book suggestions! Thanks!

Greek vegan mama to an amazing little bean born in May 2009.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page