Bible verse religious exemption? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-28-2010, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We will be signing a religious exemption (our state does not have philosophical exemption and I was just wondering if any one knows of a bible verse that would "back up" such an exemption. This is mostly for preK. DS1 is in a church based preK this yr and I, initially, signed the exemption. The teacher then let me know that she'd contacted their lawyers etc as they were REQUIRED to have kids have vaxes. I then brought in the vaxes ds1 had had - only in his first yr of life (regretfully) and she said "oh, he's fine".
BUT, I will not be giving ds1 any additional vaxes and ds2 has had NONE. I would think that a CHURCH based school would understand a religious exemption... but I thought maybe if I can "back it up" with a bible verse or reference that would give me more "clout"
For what it's worth - we chose this school primarily for financial reasons - it's $50 a month cheaper than previous school (which adds up alot when you are on one income!) AND it does have a GREAT program (ds1 really seems to like it there).
So, I have not really discussed this with them any further...but will do so when it comes time to put ds2 on a list for next yr (at this school or a different one if we have to).

: currently not vaxing. love.gif Wife to awesome DH 10 yrs; Mama to DS1 8/06 and DS2 4/08; ribbonteal.gif for my mom who's 5 yr post, my grama who died of ovarian cancer 31 yrs ago
#2 of 6 Old 10-28-2010, 07:47 PM

Hmmmmm......cannot think of any actually off the top of my head.....good question! Will ask hubby when he gets home from work. I would flip through my bible right now but feeding my son.

Crunchy Christian mama to my home birthed, unvaxed, uncirc boys Shane and Cody!!joy.gif
#3 of 6 Old 10-28-2010, 10:58 PM

You don't want to be stating Bible verses. Just that you are religiously opposed to the practice of Vaccination. I'm sure someone who knows more will speak up. I'm in Alberta Canada and we don't have vaccine mandates for school so I don't know much about the exemption process. I've just seen it mentioned often.

Wife to DH, Mom to my Intact Boys DS1: Born 02 Pain Med Free Hospital Birth, BF'ed for 9 Months, Partially Vax'd DS2: Born 06 via UC, BF'ed 3 years 10 months, and UnVax'd
#4 of 6 Old 10-28-2010, 11:16 PM

Here's something I just sent my SIL

http://www.vaclib.org/legal/yourrights.htm

Therefore, in adherence to the First Amendment of the United States Constitution guarantee of freedom of religion, the test in determining whether a belief constitutes a "religious belief" sufficient to qualify for the religious exemption from immunizations, is whether the adherents' beliefs and faiths occupy a place in their lives parallel to that filled by the orthodox belief in God held by others; or any other "sincere religious beliefs which are based upon a power or being, or upon a faith to which all else is subordinate or upon which all else is ultimately dependent." U.S. Vs. Seeger, 380 U.S. 163 (1965), Sherr and Levy vs. Northport East-Northport Union Free School district, 672 F.Supp. 81, (E.D.N.Y. 1987)

The right to claim exemption from immunization based on religious beliefs is available to all persons who hold religious beliefs against immunization regardless of what any state statute may say regarding the necessity for membership in any particular religious group or church.

The first amendment to the U.S. Constitution prohibits states from discriminating between people based on their religious beliefs. If there is any state law that allows for exemption based on religious beliefs, it is available to all those people who hold religious beliefs against immunization even if their beliefs are personal and unique to them alone.

And here's a good letter, with bible verses, if you choose to go that way
http://www.**********/health/no.htm

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

#5 of 6 Old 10-29-2010, 04:44 PM

Since private/parochial schools are normally free to reject exemptions, having a more explicit exemption may be a good idea. I would include a reference to your state law and that exemptions are legally allowed, since she mentioned that.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#6 of 6 Old 03-03-2011, 08:12 PM

I hope it is not too late to chime in...

My family believes in the word of God, and we believe that as Christians we are to "obey God rather than men" Acts 5:29. The Bible clearly states that our bodies are temples and that we are to keep our temples clean and free of all impurities. Vaccines are the injection of toxic chemicals and foreign protiens into the blood stream. This is a direct violation of God's directive to keep the temple holy.

God also warns us that we are not to mix the blood of man with the blood of animals; many vaccines today are produced using animal tissue. By allowing these things to enter our bodies we are directly disobeying what the Lord has very clearly put in front of us.  

I hope this gives you (and others) some ammo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page