I could use a group hug - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-15-2010, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had to "go to bat" again today in regards to vaccinating my kids.  The doctor we had been seeing (like only when the kids were sick so barely ever) that was "okay" with us not vaccinating left the practice.  The pediatrician (*cringe*) that took her place is obviously pro-vax all the way and felt the need to grill me about not vaccinating and not doing well child visits.  All this just so I could have a referral for a speech evaluation. 

*sigh*

I could use a group hug from my non-vaccinating mommas right about now. 

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2010, 02:15 PM

HUGS!!!

caffix.gif

Old 11-15-2010, 02:20 PM

I really hate when Doctors do this.  I was in the office(for myself) the other day and they offered me a flu shot.  I said no, and you would have thought that I was stomping on babies!  Wow, when did it become okay to totally ignore a patient. I feel your pain!   (((HUGS MOMMA)))

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

Old 11-16-2010, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hugs!!

Don't allow them to talk to you like that. You can respectfully remind this new doc that he/she is the NEW partner in this equation and if he/she has a differing opinion that's fine, he/she needs to give you hers/his to be able to say he/she is doing her job, but it can be done respectfully. Maybe he/she needs reminding of that....

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all so much!  We have another appointment tomorrow with this doctor to check DS's hearing and I'll have to put on my flame proof suit before I go because I have a feeling that he's going to try roasting me.  FWIW, I think DS's hearing is fine, but he won't give me an eval referral without referring him to an audiologist first. 

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 11-16-2010, 09:11 PM

Good luck with the appointment. I hope everything goes well!

Old 11-20-2010, 08:04 AM

That sucks. Every time I go to a medical health professional with my child I practice my "lines" ahead of time, just in case. It sounds like this - "I have made an informed decision, thanks" "Thanks, but I've already made an informed decision" "I *am* aware of that opinion, and I have made my informed decision", "no thanks, I've made an informed decision" etc. etc. It's easier to shut them down that way if you sound like a broken record...

mom to: M born Aug 2011 & K 2yo

Old 11-20-2010, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
hug2.gif

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 11-20-2010, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, mamas!  This appointment wasn't as bad.  He did ask me more questions about how I got to this point and I told him the story.  I even included Mothering!  thumb.gif  He did give me the spiel about he feels vaccinating is best blah blah blah.  But he also did say that it was apparent that I had done my research (heck yeah, 3 years worth!).  I got the evaluation referral that I didn't even end up needing.  I just needed to call the school district.  I guess both appointments were for nothing.  *sigh*

User Tag List