Got my vax waivers!!! quest about something on the form tho. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-04-2010, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

And it was so easy! I just moved from Indiana to Florida. My twins were in pre-K in Indiana but they didn't require any waivers so this was my first experience with getting them. Florida has a form so I went to the health dept, asked for it, filled it out and that was it.

They did have a section with a list of about 10 vaxs that said at the top "childs doctor <insert name> said that child should receive these vaxs: and had a list with 2 boxes, one said receive and the other was decline. I had to check all the boxes that said decline. I told my bf that in Florida, just like Indiana, it's an all or nothing waiver. You can't pick and choose which vaxs to give, you either give them all or none so I'm wondering if they have this list so that if someone were to check that the child is to receive X vax, the waiver would be voided and they would be flagged somehow in the computer system. I know that Florida has a program where all the children are kept on a database for compliance. What do you think about this?

single mommy to identical twin girls (3/06) Non-traditional mama just : through life.
#2 of 5 Old 12-04-2010, 11:24 AM

That isn't for a religious exemption, that is for a medical exemption. A child may only need to be medically exempt from a few or one vaccines.

I don't think you have the right form. My understanding is that you need a blue form #681 that is signed by the HD nurse at the time of issue.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#3 of 5 Old 12-04-2010, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Yes that is the form I have.

single mommy to identical twin girls (3/06) Non-traditional mama just : through life.
#4 of 5 Old 12-07-2010, 11:24 AM

I can't find an image of it anywhere. I don't know why that would be there other than to trip you up, but the DOH says that you only need to complete the child's name and date of birth, parent's name, parent signature, and signature and stamp of the DOH

http://www.immunizeflorida.org/schoolguide.pdf

B. Completion of DH 681:
The following information must be completed on the DH 681:
1. The child's complete name, date of birth, and parent or guardian’s
name. The child’s Social Security number (SS#) is optional. The
Florida SHOTS ID should be included, if known.
2. Parent's (or guardian's) signature and date of signature.
3. County health department stamp, signature of the county health
department director/administrator or their authorized designee,
and date the form is issued.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#5 of 5 Old 12-09-2010, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

yup, OP, you got swindled.  can you post the latest revision date on your 681?  mine didnt have that.  are you sure you dont have a 680 instead?

Bring back the old MDC

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page