After reading The Vaccine Book, what should I read next? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-07-2011, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I want to continue my research but have no idea where to go from here? 

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
#2 of 5 Old 01-07-2011, 03:41 PM

My favorite is Aviva Jill Romm's book, Vaccinations - A Thoughtful Parents Guide - To me this author doesn't share her opinion about vaccines, but has a lot of good info about each disease, each vaccine, the immune system and even treatment options.

I like the book, How to Raise A Healthy Child in Spite of your Doctor by Mendelsohn - There is a good section about vaccines but also lots of good info about childhood diseases.

I also like Dr Tennpenny's Saying No To Vaccines Book which is completely against vaccines.

These are the three basic books which I look at over and over again.

#3 of 5 Old 01-08-2011, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I like "What your Doctor may not tell you about Children's Vaccinations" by Stephanie Cave.  I read this book first and then Aviva Jill Romm's book.  I felt that Cave's book was easier to read.... less technical jargon.  It was nice to follow up  with Romm's book, though because there was a tremendous amount of detail and if I wanted more info on something in Cave's book, there it was.  

Baker's Wife and Catholic Unschooling Mama to Simeon (12), James (9), Amos (7) and Annie (4) and Jonah (2)
#4 of 5 Old 01-10-2011, 05:20 AM

i've read splendid solution, about the development of the polio vaccine. fascinating! ok, not really a "should i or shouldn't i vaccinate" book, but so, so informative. i really rank it as a must read.

i've read the vaccine book by dr. sears (thought it was the worst vaccine book i've read)

read autism's false prophets by dr. offit (loved it).

my approach to researching vaccines was to go claim by claim though. so, i read (here) that vaccines cause SIDS. i used google scholar and pub med to look for the evidence for and against. any time you're relying on someone else to distill the information for you, you're basically just taking their word for it unless you check their resources yourself. it's hard. it took me YEARS. but, i feel far more informed than the passive consumer of someone's else's opinion.

good luck! it's a lot of work to develop a truly informed opinion, but i think it's totally worth it.

#5 of 5 Old 01-10-2011, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

"Just a Little Prick" and "From One Prick To Another" by Hilary Butler.

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page