Any moms declining ALL vaccines? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 68 Old 02-02-2011, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've read up and have decided against getting any, but feeling a little anxious about it.  Anyone else going vaccine free?

#2 of 68 Old 02-02-2011, 11:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Yes, my children have not and won't be getting any vaccines. You'll receive more "yes" answers in the "I'm Not Vaccinating" forum.

#3 of 68 Old 02-03-2011, 10:00 AM

Although I made my decision several years ago, I still continue to read and research. The more I study vaccines and become informed, the more resolved I am to never vaccinate again!

DirtyHippyMama and Snowflower like this.

Knowledge is power.

But only as powerful as the mind which grasps it, reading.gif the heart which believes in it, heartbeat.gif and the hands which wield it.goodvibes.gif

#4 of 68 Old 02-03-2011, 10:13 AM

We've stopped vaccinating my oldest 3 children.  My youngest is completely vax-free.  This baby won't be vaccinated either. 

DirtyHippyMama likes this.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#5 of 68 Old 02-03-2011, 10:26 AM

DD1 was vaxed to 6mo old and then I stopped all vax. DD2 is completely vax free. I was nervous at first, although I had done all the research but as illnesses (even rare ones) come and go for other children in our lives and my kids remain healthy I know I have made the right choice for us. It is hard not to be nervous when you are the minority. Even when we were faced with the possibilty of getting measles, chicken pox, flu, pertussis, tetnus (after being exposed to them) I tried not to let 'other people' and their fear change my stance, because I had read the research and made my informed choice. My children are healthy and I feel that if they were to get an illness it would help boost their natural immunity. As pp said, I still always keep up with the research and continue to stay informed. Such as recently when the autism link was supposedly debunked by ONE bad report by ONE bad researcher. I dont let one discredit all the others, and I tend to stay away from the 'flashy' news stories or headlines. Because news has to sell just like anything else, and they are going to put out the most outrageous headline catching story to try and bring in readers/watchers.

Lucia Z 84 likes this.

WOH Wife to Steve 3/31/07 ; Mama to Sophia Margaret 9/26/07; and Ava Grace 2/5/09
#6 of 68 Old 02-03-2011, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)

I have two completely vax free children aged 13.5 and 11, neither of which have required a sick visit to the doctor in their entire lives. My eldest (20) was partially vaxed until 5, and I doubt she will ever consent to another vaccination. The fact that my children are vax free doesn't give me a mili-second of anxiety. I believe vaccines to be worthless.

Snowflower likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#7 of 68 Old 02-03-2011, 10:36 AM

My first was (to my utter regret) completely vaxed, my second was vaxed up until age 4 (speech delay and ensuing therapy), and my youngest is unvaxed. I was (and still) sometimes a little nervos about it but my heart and gut say this is the right thing to do.

Knowledge is power.

But only as powerful as the mind which grasps it, reading.gif the heart which believes in it, heartbeat.gif and the hands which wield it.goodvibes.gif

#8 of 68 Old 02-03-2011, 10:38 AM

Yep! 3 year old dd and 6 month old ds are both vax-free.

#10 of 68 Old 02-08-2011, 08:22 AM

Panda was born at home and hasn't even been to the dr.  she will be vax free

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#11 of 68 Old 02-08-2011, 08:30 AM

DS born at home and no vax, no circ, extended BF (going strong still) and proud of all of it!

'09   
#12 of 68 Old 02-08-2011, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

We have not vaccinated our daughter (15 months) but my son (8 years old) is completely vaccinated. I knew absolutely nothing about vaccines when he was younger, and the more I learn, the more I dislike them.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#13 of 68 Old 02-08-2011, 08:39 AM

Our 4th child is completely vax-free.  Our 3rd child had one polio at 6mo and one dtap at 9mo.  The dtap reaction he had has sealed the deal for no more vaccination for any of ours.  Until then, I wasn't sure if I was delaying or stopping.  Our first 2 children got the regular vaccines until 2yrs old for my first and 1yo for my 2nd.  They've each had about 18-20 shots.  I didn't even realize that I had a choice until I met some non-vaxxing people when right before getting pregnant with my 3rd.

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#14 of 68 Old 02-08-2011, 11:47 AM

Daughters age 5 & 3 completely vax free and very healthy. The only thing I sometimes worry about is navigating "the system"--potential visit to ER, school stuff. For the record, it has never been an issue. Having a very supportive fam prac physician has been very important to
me. We found one before my older daughter was born, so there is no pressure at the office. We made one trip to the ED for a nursemaid's elbow. It was not a big deal at all--in and out in 45 min. When I was asked if her shots were up to date, I nodded. I wish I felt like I could have been completely honest, but it seemed like it would just complicate a short visit that had nothing to with infection. I would be upfront if there was an infectious issue, but I sure hope I'm never in that position.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.
Benjamin Franklin
#15 of 68 Old 02-08-2011, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ds is almost 3 and vax free.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#16 of 68 Old 02-08-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:

"As pp said, I still always keep up with the research and continue to stay informed. Such as recently when the autism link was supposedly debunked by ONE bad report by ONE bad researcher. I dont let one discredit all the others, and I tend to stay away from the 'flashy' news stories or headlines. Because news has to sell just like anything else, and they are going to put out the most outrageous headline catching story to try and bring in readers/watchers."

Quote:
By the way, he really was not debunked. Listen to this link of Andrew Wakefield and Dr. Mercola.  Second video on this link
Interesting as all heck!

bebestar7 likes this.

Self employed 37 year old lady.gifMother of one 4 year old super herosuperhero.gifand wife to a lovely DH malesling.GIF who is my hero. Its been a long run but I am pregnant with #21sttri.gif due 10/10/14. goorganic.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifbftoddler.gifHere we go again....
#17 of 68 Old 02-09-2011, 05:03 PM

We're vaccine free with both children. I would only ever vaccinate for tetnus if my child had a wound that warranted a tetnus vaccine (which is unfortuanately not JUST tetnus)..or if we were travelling to a third world country. (not planning on it:)

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

#18 of 68 Old 02-10-2011, 11:03 AM

wave.gif

We're a vaccine-free family and will be staying that way. The only vaccine we would ever consider is rabies, because rabies is nearly 100% fatal. In that one instance, the (very real) risks of vaccinating are still preferable to almost certain death.

You're not alone, mama!

Snowflower likes this.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#19 of 68 Old 02-11-2011, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

thank you everyone, sorry i obviously missed the  vaccine free forum, but its nice to hear from parents who started with vax and are now vax free.  :)

#20 of 68 Old 02-11-2011, 02:32 PM

Neither my 6 or 5 year old have ever had a vaccine or heel prick. I was a little worried at first, but I am more and more confident in our decision with every passing year. Very glad we made the choice we did. Read about it as much as possible, be confident, go with your gut instinct, and heart too. I think I would feel worse having hurt my child from a vax, than them getting sick from a disease. Neither have ever been to the door either, as other posters have mentioned. Good luck with your choices!

#21 of 68 Old 02-11-2011, 03:09 PM

no vaccines here. i feel safer knowing her body is free from Nero  toxins and all the other strange and unnatural chemicals in the vaccines. she is 3 and also has not had to go to the Dr for a sick visit. runny nose, slight cough, 1 low grade, short lived fever and a bout of diarrhea is all we've dealt with so far. her immune system is in tact and doing it's job.

#22 of 68 Old 02-12-2011, 02:01 PM

No vaxes here.  I felt anxious too, when I first made the decision.  My advice is to keep researching and trust your instincts.  I will continue to keep my eye on current findings, but from what I've read so far, I feel very confident now with my decision not to vaccinate.  Oh, and what I've read are not fringe, out-there, alternative sites either.  The website that really convinced me was the CDC's site.  I was literally laughing out loud at some of the stats they cite in their "pink book".  The way I see it, we all take a risk whatever we decide.  Vaxing families are taking a risk that they will not be harmed or killed by a vaccine, and non-vaxers are taking a risk that their kids will not be severely damaged or killed by a VPD.  From what I've read, the odds of being irreparably harmed by vaxing is much higher than that of being irreparably harmed by a VPD.  Keep researching, I think you're on the right track :)

DirtyHippyMama likes this.

Proud mommy to DS 10/27/09, and two crazy fur babies, married to my superman, and loving this mommy thing! No circ, no vaxes, veg, and making up the rest as I go along
#23 of 68 Old 02-13-2011, 07:03 PM

No more vaxes here either.  DD unfortunately got the birth dose HepB (talk about not being educated enough at the time yet - although that inner voice was screaming 'noooooo' - that's why I started the research).  DD is over a year now.  I'm still reasearching but the more I find out the more confident I'm in our decision.  

Mom to dd born Dec 2009 hearts.gif, our little troublemaker hide.gif . cd.gif hang.gif fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif

#24 of 68 Old 02-13-2011, 08:44 PM

None here. There just wasn't a single one I felt DS needed.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#25 of 68 Old 02-14-2011, 07:10 PM

None here either. My dd is 18-months old and she has been sick once (other than teething-related issues). She got strep the week after she started daycare and she kicked it in 2 days without antibiotics (we gave her extra of her usual supplements - D3, C, probiotics and cod liver oil) as well as extra trips to the chiropractor.

I spent years researching and reading everything I could get my hands on (both pro and con), so once I made the decision, I felt confident in it. I think I also give off the "don't mess with me" vibe because my ped (who pressures other non/delayed vax friends of mine) usually drops his arguments rather quickly. This is the ending conversation at her 18-month well visit:

Doc: Are you sure you don't want to start shots today? You know that I recommend them...
Me: Yep. Positive.
Doc: Is she in daycare?
Me: Yes, since 8.5 months.
Doc: Man...she could get all kinds of stuff there. Meningitis just really scares me
Me: Meningitis scares me too, but even IF she gets vaxed for it, she can still get it, so I don't see the point in injecting her with something that isn't guaranteed to protect her, but is guaranteed to contain known poisons; poisons which have been proven to suppress normal immune function.
Doc: **crickets**

Jayden'sMom and bebestar7 like this.
#26 of 68 Old 02-14-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post

We've stopped vaccinating my oldest 3 children.  My youngest is completely vax-free.  This baby won't be vaccinated either. 

yeahthat.gif  exactly the same for us (except baby #5 is already earthside thumb.gif)

lady.gifMama of: DSjammin.gif (9), twins DDjoy.gif & DSautismribbon.gif (6), DSkid.gif (3), and DDbabygirl.gif born 11/2010

#27 of 68 Old 02-15-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionohmy View Post

None here either. My dd is 18-months old and she has been sick once (other than teething-related issues). She got strep the week after she started daycare and she kicked it in 2 days without antibiotics (we gave her extra of her usual supplements - D3, C, probiotics and cod liver oil) as well as extra trips to the chiropractor.

I spent years researching and reading everything I could get my hands on (both pro and con), so once I made the decision, I felt confident in it. I think I also give off the "don't mess with me" vibe because my ped (who pressures other non/delayed vax friends of mine) usually drops his arguments rather quickly. This is the ending conversation at her 18-month well visit:

Doc: Are you sure you don't want to start shots today? You know that I recommend them...
Me: Yep. Positive.
Doc: Is she in daycare?
Me: Yes, since 8.5 months.
Doc: Man...she could get all kinds of stuff there. Meningitis just really scares me
Me: Meningitis scares me too, but even IF she gets vaxed for it, she can still get it, so I don't see the point in injecting her with something that isn't guaranteed to protect her, but is guaranteed to contain known poisons; poisons which have been proven to suppress normal immune function.
Doc: **crickets**

Love this! My first and ONLY confrontation with my DD1 pedi when she was a baby went very similar. Except doc said 'my medical advice is blah blah blah' (you know the spiel) and my response was 'correct, that is your ADVICE, and on the topic of vax I am choosing NOT to take your advice' we changed docs to a no-vax friendly one and it hasnt been an issue since. Although, I am sure I come across as very confrontational about the issue also. I dont care really, I have nothing to hide. I am so glad I live in Texas, for non-vax parents/kids the laws are pretty good in our favor. I have my exemptions for my kids when and if they ever go into daycare and for when they enter school.

WOH Wife to Steve 3/31/07 ; Mama to Sophia Margaret 9/26/07; and Ava Grace 2/5/09
#28 of 68 Old 02-17-2011, 10:42 AM

I have stopped at 18 months with ds1 because of bad complications and seizures. Our Pediatrician agrees with us not to vaccinate him any more. ds2 is not vaccinated at all. I don't know if he will be, but he won't be until atleast 2 years old.

~Attatchment and Natural Parent from instincts not from books to my 2 boys~ Childbirth Educator & Placental Encapsulation Professional
homeschool.gif familybed2.gif homebirth.jpgribbonpb.gif
#29 of 68 Old 02-17-2011, 09:08 PM

My oldest is 11 and had just a few that a Dr talked her Daddy into once.... a few others when my step mother was watching her for me once a week and took her to WIC and got them done without permission.... course when WIC found out that my step mother was caught they suddenly lost all records of it as they where doubling her up on them! So goodness only knows what she got! But that is a story for another day!

My 5 year old healthy boy has had not one shot, my 3 year old has had not one shot, and my 9 month old has had not one shot. All wonderful! I know it can be hard at first but with all the research and all the years that go by it just becomes normal and not something one thinks much of unless they wonder here or see some new horror in the news about vaccinations. Your smart though to get support now, and when ever you need it! It can be a hard road to walk alone sometimes!

Army wife to wonder hubby. Mama to 4 and Surrogate mother x2.: Zoey Born 5/7/2010
#30 of 68 Old 02-19-2011, 10:15 AM

DD is 5 months old and has not received any vacs... I felt anxious as well at our first doctor's appt. especially about how they would react but they're completely supportive and I haven't given it a second thought. I know I'm doing the right thing for our family.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page