Are your unvaccinated children in preschool/school? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

#61 of 66 Old 10-18-2013, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Depends all on your state. In my old state I didn't mention previous vaccines and went for the religious exemption. In my new state the government is less oppressive and allows for a philo exemption which is either no vaccines or pick and choose whatever floats your boat. I can now freely talk to the school RN and not worry about repercussions and having the government force a ton of vaccines on my children. :)

applejuice likes this.
#62 of 66 Old 12-18-2013, 10:08 PM

My non-vaccinated DD has been in school since she was almost 3 and she's 6 now. I think she's the only one at the school who isn't vaccinated though, based on my conversations with the school nurse/staff the first time when she was entering pre-school and then my 2nd conversation about this when she was starting kindergarten this year and I had them give me the form for the waiver for the health examination. They had to special request the waiver form and based on what they were saying, I could tell that my daughter is the only kid at the school who isn't vaccinated, so they must think that I'm wacko for not vaccinating and for signing the health examination waiver form. Its a good thing they never gave me any trouble for signing these waivers. I just explained to them how the vaccines are toxic and harmful and vaccines don't work.

applejuice likes this.

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

#63 of 66 Old 01-11-2014, 01:05 PM

The preschool teacher have me a waiver, which I was mostly comfortable with. I altered the part that I wasn't happy with (where they wanted me to acknowledge I was "putting my child and others at risk", :rolleyes.gif:smile.gif. No issues since.

She's definitely been getting more colds, and passing them around the house.

I'd like to see another parent get in my face about it. I don't talk about it in general company so if anyone else knows I'd go after the school so fast for violations of my privacy that they wouldn't know what hit them.
applejuice likes this.

Mama to Elsa Louise: 2/10, 13lbs 8 oz  energy.gifand Oscar Allen: 7/12, 13lbs 8 oz  babyboy.gif

#64 of 66 Old 09-09-2014, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's been 3 years since I posted on this thread so now I have a 7th and 3rd grader, still have only ever had colds. I had to fill out a different exemption for the 7th grader this year but I lucked out because the office lady had me do his elementary to Jr. High transfer paperwork in December so I could still use the blue form and didn't have to go get a dr signature on the 2014 exemption. Sweet!
applejuice likes this.

Desiree

#65 of 66 Old 09-11-2014, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Like DisereeH, I have a 7th and 3rd grader. They were vaccinated up to age 6, but then I quit with them. I also have a 3 year old and soon a newborn that is/will be completely unvaccinated. I usually grab one religious exemption paper online and another from the school district's website and have both notarized and taken into school/daycare for each child. So far, no issues. I did consider DTaP with the 3 year old at 2 months old, but since it only protects against one strain (of Pertussis), I finally decided to skip it.
applejuice likes this.

Three kids and one on the way.
#66 of 66 Old 09-11-2014, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
3 unvaccinated kiddos here. 1 is a stepdaughter who doesn't live with us. All 3 kiddos were previously homeschooled but all attend public school now. We didn't have any issues registering or to date regarding their lack of vaccinations and it's quite honestly not something that has come up among myself and other parents. I can understand your worries but try to remain confident in your educated decisions as a parent
applejuice likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page