My 6 & 8 year old are totally vax free. They've never been seriously sick ever. What about your unavx'd kids? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-06-2011, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Its been a long time since I hung out at MDC.  I started when pregnant with dd1.  This place made all the difference in how I made my choices for everything. 

Both of my girls are unvaxed.  Neither has ever had a course of antibiotics.  They've been extremly healthy. 

A few weeks ago they did get a bad stomach bug.  I'd never considered they've NEVER had diarrhea before.  That was a messy learning expirience for all of us.  They had no idea what was happening and didn't know what to do about it.  I'm glad I was at work that day LOL 

I remember when dd1 was about 2.5 or 3...  she had never thrown up before.  We had just brought her home from grandma's.  I bet grandma gave her too much candy.  She proceeded to puke all over the couch, much to her own suprise.  We stripped her and put her in the bathtub, washed her off.  Then the entire time dh dressed her (I was cleaning up the mess) she kept moaning "why me?  why me?  why I hafta throw up?"  Always been dramatic, still is.   

Thanks to MDC mamas I had the confidence and the knowledge to make some serious decisions that have made all the difference.  We're pretty non-traditional and we're OK with our own choices. 

We cloth diapered both girls almost 100%, except for vacations.

We don't vax

DD1 was born with a midwife in a hospital

DD2 was born in a wadding pool in my dining room with a lay midwife

I BF both girls, dd1 until 1 year and dd2 until 3 years

Dh is a SAHD

We homeschool

I bet there's some stuff I missed...  I'm really thankful I had MDC when I needed it love.gif

Karen Mommy of McKenna 2003 & Alysson 2004 homebirth.jpg Expecting stork-girl.gif an early Christmas Present
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

thumb.gif

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)

I have a 13.5 yo and an 11 yo who are both completely unvaccinated, neither have had a sick visit to the dr's in their lives. 

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio

User Tag List