sincere relgious objectors - what theology/relgious understanding causes you to object? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-08-2011, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm a non-vaxer.  neither of my kids age 2 and 4 have been vaxed.  My objections are philosophical, my husbands family are non-vaxers also (all 11 of them) and claim religious objection, but very, very vague. My state allows for religious objection, not philosophical.

I know that many states do not require an explanation, and I don't think mine does, either, other than to simply state that you object on religious grounds.

I know some people use the religious objection because it is convenient, not necessarily because they sincerely object because of their beliefs (not knocking that, though)

What I want to know is, if you have a sincere religious objection to the use of vaccinations, what is your reasoning?

Carrie

Carrie, wife to J, sahm to E, N, and A, followed by a bunch of crunchy labels and acronyms

#2 of 11 Old 04-10-2011, 11:28 AM

I have never considered myself an extremely religious person.  I've always held certain religious beliefs, however, and when it comes to vaccines, I realize I am pretty religioussmile.gif Without getting into it too much, or getting too preachy, and without putting too much of my own personal belief out there in a forum or naming a religion as I don't want to offend anyone, I will say that part of my personal religious belief is such that we were created with an immune system and that immunization is a violation of our faith in our immune system to protect us and that the injection of toxic chemicals and foreign properties into the bloodstream is a violation to keep the body free from impurities.  There's much more to my belief regarding this but that sums up a major part of my reasoning.

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#3 of 11 Old 04-10-2011, 12:16 PM

Our religious objection ties into being pro life and not wanting to support an industry that uses aborted fetal tissue for vaccines and vaccine research.

Heathyr hang.gifBlessed Catholic Wife to DHwheelchair.gif Devoted Mama to DS1 biglaugh.gif(3/17/08) and DS2blowkiss.gif (8/5/2010)familybed1.gifcd.giflactivist.gifribboncesarean.gifx2 
#4 of 11 Old 04-10-2011, 01:40 PM

be back later

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#5 of 11 Old 04-10-2011, 01:46 PM

For me as a Christian I can't really find any passages in the Bible that would specifically forbid me from taking a vaccine or giving one to my kids (if you know of any let me know), but I do believe that we are made in God's image, that His wisdom is far beyond any we will ever have, and that in creating us and this planet there is an order to things, a specific design. That design includes bacteria, viruses and the like, and our bodies are designed to deal with them. I also believe that this world and our bodies are not perfect, so we may get sick and we may die. But, there is so much we don't know about the immune system. From my own research it seems that vaccines harm the immune system and keep it from developing normally. I want my kids to have the healthiest immune system possible and I'm not going to allow my child to be injected with a vaccine full of chemicals, animal DNA, aborted fetal tissue, etc. I don't care what the supposed benefits are when no one can tell me what all of the possible negative consequences can be. That's basically what I believe; it's not that I belong to a specific religion or sect that forbids vaccination. I don't think that should be a requirement anyway. 

#6 of 11 Old 04-10-2011, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your feedback!

So, for those of you who object based on the reasoning that God made us as intended and to inject a foreign substance goes against the design of God (my phrasing, may not represent what some of you have expressed) does that carry over into choosing not to use pharmaceuticals or physicians (for my husband and his family, it does).

I am inclined to believe that God created us with an immune system that he designed to work properly, and that we are asking for trouble by intentionally injecting vaccines into our bodies, but I don't know that I'm all the way there with regards to using pharma, even though that stuff also can cause bad things to happen in our bodies.

I guess I'm concerned about consistency, and if the that could ever come back to haunt us if it became a legal issue.  Maybe they aren't necessarily related.

Carrie, wife to J, sahm to E, N, and A, followed by a bunch of crunchy labels and acronyms

#7 of 11 Old 04-10-2011, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempsMama View Post

Our religious objection ties into being pro life and not wanting to support an industry that uses aborted fetal tissue for vaccines and vaccine research.

I had considered that position, and it's one that I also believe in. I have some Catholic friends who object on similar grounds.  Some don't object to all vaccines, though, since apparently not all are sourced/developed using fetal material?

#8 of 11 Old 04-11-2011, 07:04 AM

I think it gets tricky if you only object to a specific ingredient, because yes only some have human fetal tissue in it.

http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/vaccine_awareness/Vaccination_UnGodly_Practice.html

This site is just a simple page (unless you listen tot he discussion) but it does have Bible verses and reasoning as to why those verses tell us not to vax. Really read through it b/c there is a lot of info (you can skip the AIDS part if you like)

The Bible states in many verses that you need to keep your blood clean and some argue that the shots are intermuscular (which they are) but it is insane to say the blood doesn't absorbed and carry the ingredients throughout the body. It certainly does not just sit in that muscle and stay there. So certainly injecting foreign DNA(human, monkey, chicken, cow ect), toxins (even a small amount), and metals into your body will make your blood unclean. This argument can be hard if you believe in a life-saving blood transfusion, because you would be mixing other human blood and DNA with yours, however they are very different circumstances and at least it is only human blood (and life-saving) vs all the above.

You can then say no drugs, no Dr's ect OP, but I think it is sort of a fine line. For me we do see Dr's but I do tend to use the more natural route (naturopathy or homeopathy) when we are sick, also healing with prayer and oils. I would not however deny my family of an immediate life-saving intervention. Different people see it different ways.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#9 of 11 Old 04-11-2011, 02:38 PM

I think the difference is that a vaccine is injected into a healthy person to "prevent" a disease. If my child had a disease or was seriously injured and there was a drug or procedure to save him, I would educate myself and not deny that treatment. God gave us intelligence to think for ourselves, even though that seems to be discouraged these days.  I believe in keeping our bodies healthy through a good diet and staying away from pharmaceuticals as much as possible. If one of my children got sick I would exhaust all resources to heal my child, including allopathic medicine, and if there was no longer anything that could be done by man I would look to God for a miracle.  I pray for them anyway and believe that no matter what happens in life it is part of God's plan. Sometimes bad things happen that we have no control over. But as long as I have anything to say about it, I am not going to allow vaccines to contaminate my child's blood (I do believe that keeping blood pure is very important to our health; unfortunately I've had vaccines and my husband was a Marine and has been injected with some horrible stuff).

#10 of 11 Old 04-11-2011, 02:42 PM

Right also wanted to agree about the immunity thing. God gave us natural immunity and healing as a gift, so vaccines are kind of like a slap in the face to God, as if to say man is more powerful.

#11 of 11 Old 04-11-2011, 03:15 PM

We follow a basic precept in our decision making -- cause no harm. (An it harm none, do as you will. I.e., free will with a heaping side of personal responsibility.) Because I've had some pretty severe health consequences due to vaccines, there's a reasonable chance that vaccinating our children will cause more harm than good. Weighed against the realistic symptoms of most VPDs, the chances came out in favor of not vaccinating, at least while they're young.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page