Friend that Vax! Ugh! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 06-24-2011, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I came out of the non-vax closet about 2 years ago.  Its was my dirty secret and it just got to be too much.  Plus, I didn't want people to think I was ashamed of my choice.  Definitely not.  But EVER SINCE my husband and I have found that people who do vax are CONSTANTLY telling us things like this:

"Oh we just took our baby to their first check up and they got all their vaxes."

"Our baby has been screaming non-stop since his vaccines.  The doctor said it was normal."

"I just got the typhoid shot and my arm is killing me."

Etc. Etc. Etc.  What do they want to hear from us????  How do you guys handle annoying friends like this?  Are they trying to ask us WHY we dont vaccinate, just do they can convince themselves of why they should?  Or are they really concerned and looking for advice.

My best friend who is almost done pharmacy school keeps getting vaccines and doesnt bother READING about them.  She knows how important this issue is for me and I feel like she is taunting me almost with her, "I just got this vaccine and Im having ___ reaction."  First it was the flu shot... she got a terrible infection for months afterward (much worse than the flu) and swore she would never get that vax again.  Now its the stupid typhoid fever vaccine ("because Im going to Mexico and its recommended, but I said no to the Hep A vaccine, thats a self-limiting illness anyways and doesnt even lead to Hep.  I dont know why theres a vaccine for it.") and then she had a reaction where her whole arm is sore and shes complaining to me. 

I sent her the link to the package insert, as well as VAERS results showing the risks of the vaccine.  Then a link to the FDA stating that VAERS probably only has 1-10% of the actual events being reported to it.  Its really hilarious that there is a vaccine.  The risks of the vaccine FAR outweigh the minute chance of actually getting typhoid fever.  Its just hilarious.  And no one bothers looking into this stuff.  Its terrifying.  I mean, shes going to have an f-ing PharmD soon and she doesn't even know how to look this stuff up IN ADVANCE?

How do you guys handle this?  Its incredibly annoying!!!  It makes me want to have no friends that vax!!  Too bad I dont know anyone who doesnt!!  

#2 of 30 Old 06-24-2011, 12:28 PM

I can see how you are confused as to why they tell you this stuff when they know your stance on the subject.  I honestly can't tell you why they feel comfortable talking to you about this in the first place when they know you don't vax!  Don't they know how to cater the conversation to the company they keep and hold back on talking about certain things?shrug.gif  Maybe they are just making conversation. I'm not really sure. OR maybe they DO want to hear from you and underneath are concerned about their baby's reaction to the vax.  But why won't they just come out and ask? Hard to say without being there and hearing them actually talk about it.  Sometimes you can tell if someone is trying to pull information out of ya or are simply just absent-minded and seem to forget who they are talking to.

If these are people you are close to and if they continue to talk about this to you and you have been holding back your opinions on the issue, I would start to tell them how you feel. For example, if someone tells you their baby has been non-stop screaming after a vax and she/he is saying it's normal, I would have to open my mouth and say, "That doesn't really sound too normal to me." (I wouldn't do this with casual acquintances though.  I wouldn't even get into it with them.)  It all depends on how you feel about it. You can also just let it all go through one ear and out the other or change the subject really quick if it annoys you.  OR, your best option may be to use your "selective hearing" when they get like that if you feel they are really just being annoying and aren't seeking your advice.  Works like a charmwinky.gif

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#3 of 30 Old 06-24-2011, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah right now I just say, "oh no, Im sorry to hear that.  I hope its better soon."  while im thinking, uh yeah your baby could be experiencing a common side effect know as encephalopathy that can caused a myriad of permanent damage to the brain.  nice job.  

Rainy229 likes this.
#4 of 30 Old 06-24-2011, 01:18 PM

Since none of my existing friends have young kids (if at all), it's not an issue, and they all pretty much know my stance on modern medicine anyways. My sisters all vaxed their kids, and know that I don't, but they know I've done my research, and respect my decisions. Now that I'm meeting new moms through school and activities, I'm not sure how I'll approach it. I'll probably deal with every person differently. I'm not ashamed of my non-vax decisions, but I also feel it's personal, and I don't feel the need to necessarily tell anyone. 

Regarding your friends, you have to pick your battles. Perhaps try emailing a link or two relating to their situation if they ever complain about vaccine reactions again in the future as a friendly FYI.

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
#5 of 30 Old 06-26-2011, 11:44 AM

I feel the same way, I am not ashamed of my decision to not (in my case stop) vaxing my son. I was however never in the closet about my decison, and most my family and friends or the ones who matter anyway know that my son is not fully vaxed. I actually don't get any grief except from a few family members. I just tell them ohh that is too bad that is why I stopped vaxing, because the fevers kept getting higher and lasting longer, until he finally had a sever vaccine reaction. My cousin had a sever reaction to the HPV vax, her arm swelled to twice the size it should be and was hard as a rock! I told her mother that she would be foolish to get the other two parts of the vax. She took her to the doctor and he said it was a normal reaction and that her daughter would be fine and gave her some pain killers like loratab or somthing similar for the pain she was experiencing. I told my cousins  family that they were a bunch of fools to put my (2nd) cousin through so much pain (but my aunt's sister and best friend is a very vax happy nurse)! Then when there was a measles epidemic (9 tested postive for Measles in May, and a couple more just a week or so ago) that the same family called me until I answered telling me my son needed to get the vax. I told them he didn't need it and I wasnt worried if he got it the Measles and they freaked. I just told them I wouldnt come around them if they didnt want, and I didnt for a while (its not like I go over to thier house a whole lot in the first place) and that is what I did. Most people don't have a problem with my decison, I have been harassed by dr's and other medical people, but my friends and family don't bug me like they do you. Maybe they are asking if you know why they are having the reactions they are or something? Maybe they want to know how you react to it? I have no idea!

Brandy; Mother to Aspen (7/1996) and Ky (5/2006) and partner to Ryan

#6 of 30 Old 06-27-2011, 05:38 AM

Encephalopathy is NOT  a common side effect of vaccines. It's exceedingly rare, and statistically essentially insignificant.  Good heavens.

The baby is probably yelling because the place around the injection is sore.  That happens when you get an injection.  It's no fun at all for anyone, but it's not dangerous. 

You sound like you would be glad if the baby had some sort of horrible disease.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenimBebek View Post

Yeah right now I just say, "oh no, Im sorry to hear that.  I hope its better soon."  while im thinking, uh yeah your baby could be experiencing a common side effect know as encephalopathy that can caused a myriad of permanent damage to the brain.  nice job.  

CPST
#7 of 30 Old 06-27-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedze View Post

Encephalopathy is NOT  a common side effect of vaccines. It's exceedingly rare, and statistically essentially insignificant.  Good heavens.

The baby is probably yelling because the place around the injection is sore.  That happens when you get an injection.  It's no fun at all for anyone, but it's not dangerous. 

You sound like you would be glad if the baby had some sort of horrible disease.  

Non-stop screaming is NOT normal and most likely indicates a moderate-to-severe reaction to the vaccine.  There's no way I would or ever could look at a non-stop screaming baby and think that is normal.  It IS dangerous because you have no idea what type of reaction that baby is experiencing, no matter how rare your statistics read.

Rainy229 likes this.

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#8 of 30 Old 06-27-2011, 08:55 AM

No, non-stop screaming of an incredibly high-pitched and unusual variety in combination with OTHER neurological symptoms *might* be a reaction.    And they're not "my" statistics.      A baby crying for a few days, even crying hard, is miserable for all concerned but is not dangerous.     You might as well look at a teen with pimples and suggest he likely has small pox.  Let's get some perspective here.  Millions of babies have vaccines.   Many of them feel bad for a few days.  Many of those feel really horrible.  And statistically NONE of them have severe reactions.   

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon010 View Post

Non-stop screaming is NOT normal and most likely indicates a moderate-to-severe reaction to the vaccine.  There's no way I would or ever could look at a non-stop screaming baby and think that is normal.  It IS dangerous because you have no idea what type of reaction that baby is experiencing, no matter how rare your statistics read.

CPST
#9 of 30 Old 06-27-2011, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

No, non-stop screaming of an incredibly high-pitched and unusual variety in combination with OTHER neurological symptoms *might* be a reaction.    And they're not "my" statistics.      A baby crying for a few days, even crying hard, is miserable for all concerned but is not dangerous.     You might as well look at a teen with pimples and suggest he likely has small pox.  Let's get some perspective here.  Millions of babies have vaccines.   Many of them feel bad for a few days.  Many of those feel really horrible.  And statistically NONE of them have severe reactions.   

Prove it. I'm so tired of the same lame party line that "statistically" these reactions are not adverse reactions because well why excatly - because the medical community declares them to be "normal".  Any person - I don't care who you are-  That says that any adverse reaction is not dangerous is just guessing frankly. There are not long term studies to point to. You have absolutely no idea if your child's high pithced screeching (which may very well be brain swelling) will cause long term issues years down the line or not. Since these connections are not ever considered or looked for, then of course they will never be found.

peainthepod likes this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#10 of 30 Old 06-27-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

Prove it. I'm so tired of the same lame party line that "statistically" these reactions are not adverse reactions because well why excatly - because the medical community declares them to be "normal".  Any person - I don't care who you are-  That says that any adverse reaction is not dangerous is just guessing frankly. There are not long term studies to point to. You have absolutely no idea if your child's high pithced screeching (which may very well be brain swelling) will cause long term issues years down the line or not. Since these connections are not ever considered or looked for, then of course they will never be found.

ITA.

Who in their right mind would not be concerned if their baby all of a sudden was inconsolable and had a high pitched scream for days? Brainwashed much??? Sheesh.

BeckyBird and Rainy229 like this.

#11 of 30 Old 06-27-2011, 12:13 PM

The vast majority of pediatricians and conventional medical personnel don't seem to be that concerned - after all it's a "normal" reaction. Just give them a little tylenol and all will be well. eyesroll.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloebelle View Post

ITA.

Who in their right mind would not be concerned if their baby all of a sudden was inconsolable and had a high pitched scream for days? Brainwashed much??? Sheesh.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#12 of 30 Old 06-27-2011, 02:31 PM

*facepalm*

I don't know about you, but every baby I've ever met has been pretty miserable for a few days when it sustains a minor musculoskeletal injury.  Which is what an injection is.  They hurt.  Babies communicate by, among other things, crying.   If you pinched a baby and left a deep bruise, it would cry about that for a few days too.  (I don't, for the record, advocate baby-pinching.)

As far as proving it goes, it all ready has been proven.  Multiple times over.   

Thank science. 

CPST
#13 of 30 Old 06-27-2011, 03:02 PM

Please remember that this subforum really isn't the appropriate place to debate vaccine issues in general. Those discussions are hosted in our Main Vax Forum.

While this would be the appropriate place to discuss how you, as a non-vaxing family, might respond and interact with people approaching you in this manner, "it is not a place to denigrate or criticize those who do vaccinate." Further discussion in that vein will be removed.
Rainy229 likes this.
#14 of 30 Old 06-27-2011, 04:33 PM

Seriously? I would consider crying and fussing a "normal" reaction to a shot, but high pitched screaming? No. I don't care what "science" or any doctor tells me, that is NOT normal, and that child is in distress. *facepalm* 

peainthepod likes this.

#15 of 30 Old 06-27-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:

*facepalm*

I don't know about you, but every baby I've ever met has been pretty miserable for a few days when it sustains a minor musculoskeletal injury.  Which is what an injection is.  They hurt.  Babies communicate by, among other things, crying.   If you pinched a baby and left a deep bruise, it would cry about that for a few days too.  (I don't, for the record, advocate baby-pinching.)

Thank science. 

Just so misinformation does not get out there for those who vaccinate, persistent, non-stop, uncontrolled crying for more than 3 hours after the vaccine, paricularly a high-pitched scream, is given is completely abnormal and if your child/baby is doing that, you should call a healthcare provider ASAP or hospital and certainly research before that child gets another vaccine.  A baby should certainly not be crying for a few days. 

#16 of 30 Old 06-27-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:

None.  Wow - that is a new one.  Back it up, please.

#17 of 30 Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesiac View Post

Please remember that this subforum really isn't the appropriate place to debate vaccine issues in general. Those discussions are hosted in our Main Vax Forum.

While this would be the appropriate place to discuss how you, as a non-vaxing family, might respond and interact with people approaching you in this manner, "it is not a place to denigrate or criticize those who do vaccinate." Further discussion in that vein will be removed.

Thank you.

Given a recent experience on a pro-vax site that turned pretty ugly towards non-vaxxers fairly quickly, I am glad there is a place for non-vaxing families to discuss things.

Rainy229 likes this.
#18 of 30 Old 06-27-2011, 07:52 PM

Op, if someone is complaining their kids arm hurts I would just offer sympathy.   That is all they are probably looking for.  If you sense they want to discuss vaccinating or not vaccinating in general (most don't) you could open the conversation.

#19 of 30 Old 06-28-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:

*facepalm*

Thank science. 

Nope - sorry. No matter how many times you repeat this - it simply is not the case. Im asking you to show proof that high pitched screaming in an infant post vaccination is "normal, is not an adverse reaction and does NO LONG TERM damage. The medical community at large repeating something ad nauseam does not constitute proof.

Nobody is disagreeing that babies will cry and fuss post vaccination for a little while because they are uncomfortable. What is being discussed here is prolonged high pitched screaming. It is not called the encepelatic scream for no reason.

#20 of 30 Old 06-28-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

Nope - sorry. No matter how many times you repeat this - it simply is not the case. Im asking you to show proof that high pitched screaming in an infant post vaccination is "normal, is not an adverse reaction and does NO LONG TERM damage. The medical community at large repeating something ad nauseam does not constitute proof.

Nobody is disagreeing that babies will cry and fuss post vaccination for a little while because they are uncomfortable. What is being discussed here is prolonged high pitched screaming. It is not called the encepelatic scream for no reason.

Isn't that actually listed on the handout given to parents about one of the potential serious complications?  That if there is prolonged, high pitched screaming, to call the doctor?

Even the CDC says that happens in 1:1000 patients.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/side-effects.htm#dtap

Listed separately than "fussiness".

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#21 of 30 Old 06-28-2011, 09:35 AM

To the OP: your friends might just be sharing relevant information about their lives with you instead of deliberately trying to "annoy" you.  I don't judge my friends for their choices and hope they don't judge me for mine.  We all come to different decisions about our children even when presented with the same information.

Now, if a friend belittled me for having different vaccination philosophies than they do, I would be irritated and offended.  But if they were simply sharing goings on about their day without making judgments about *my* choices being different, I would just try to offer sympathy and not engage in a debate whatsoever.  I don't get annoyed when people make different choices than I do and tell me about them.

erinsmom1996 likes this.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#22 of 30 Old 10-20-2011, 04:32 AM - Thread Starter

first of all, why are you in the non-vaxing forums... 

second, what i meant was that high pitched screaming is a common symptom of encephalopathy. not that encephalopathy is a common occurrence.

furthermore, you nor anyone else has any idea what the long term effects are of vaccines, because they are never studied.  you have no idea if whats happening in those "three fussy days" is causing permanent damage to some portion of the childs brain or immune system.  you also have no idea what the cumulative effects are of multiple rounds.

vaccine reactions, according to the FDA, are reported to VAERS anywhere from 1-10% of the time.  Just take one mandatory vaccine for US kid.  Say DTAP and figure out what the actual risk of reaction is, then compare it to the risk of getting the illness.  Kids in America have an incredibly higher chance of having a "serious adverse reaction" to a vaccine than getting any of the diseases we "protect" against.  

member234098 and BeckyBird like this.
#23 of 30 Old 10-20-2011, 06:23 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

OP I think maybe they are trying to get at you.  My mom does the same thing.  But heres the dumb part, she has guillian berre (SP?)  If she gets a vaccination and she does she will temporarily go out of remission due to the strain on her body.  Every time.  EVERY SINGLE TIME!  So she'll complain to me about her discomfort and the numbing in her back (most affected area)  and all I say is "was that really a good idea?" 

I'm not here to debate anything.  I do think it's important to point out that there are numerous people with auto immune diseases... do you know what the flu shot can do to you if you have an auto immune disease?  Also most people with auto immune diseases don't know they have them until ... they have a reaction. 

BenimBebek likes this.
#24 of 30 Old 10-20-2011, 07:02 AM

I have a friend who was pregnant about 2 years ago. She emailed me and started asking all kinds of questions about having a baby, etc. I told her that my only recommendation was to read read read read read until her eyes were red so that she could make an informed decision regarding vaccines (regardless of whether or not she decided to vax). She returned later complaining she felt "so sick and her arm was hurting so badly" because she had gotten the H1N1 vax WHILE PREGNANT. Told me that she knew I disagreed but her doctor told her that 1 in 100 pregnant women who contracted H1N1 were dying...AND SHE BELIEVED HIM! The statistic she was repeating was actually about 1 in 100 pregnant women who contracted H1N1 and were sick enough to land themselves in ICU were dying...A FAR CRY from 1 in 100 pregnant women who contracted H1N1. I pointed out the stastical error and linked her to the story ~ and told her to consider this her lesson on how doctors will misinform (purposely or not). She proceeded to fully vax her son ~ again, her choice ~ and now she is complaining because he has literally had ear infection after ear infection since he was born ~ just had tubes put in and he STILL is having ear infections!!!

greensad.gif

BenimBebek likes this.

Wife to DH (06/09/01), Mother to DS coolshine.gif (04/10/06) saynovax.gif and rescuer of dachshunds ~ and joy.gifthat our rainbow1284.gif arrived (06/10/11) safe and sound. Love cd.gif our little one ~ and lactivist.gif

#25 of 30 Old 10-20-2011, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Why complain?  Especially to the person that told you to be informed.  I wouldn't tell someone not to vaccinate.  I would tell them to know what they are doing with their children.  Some people spend so much time worrying if a TV show is too violent yet not bat an eye at a vaccination.  "my doctor told me too..."  Ok fine, he told you to.  Did you look into it more just to make sure you're aware?  "he's a doctor!  he knows what he's talking about!"

Again fine!  Then complain to the guy that knows what he's talking about! 

#26 of 30 Old 10-21-2011, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:

So, I came out of the non-vax closet about 2 years ago.  Its was my dirty secret and it just got to be too much.  Plus, I didn't want people to think I was ashamed of my choice.  Definitely not.  But EVER SINCE my husband and I have found that people who do vax are CONSTANTLY telling us things like this:

"Oh we just took our baby to their first check up and they got all their vaxes."

"Our baby has been screaming non-stop since his vaccines.  The doctor said it was normal."

"I just got the typhoid shot and my arm is killing me."

Etc. Etc. Etc.  What do they want to hear from us????  How do you guys handle annoying friends like this?  Are they trying to ask us WHY we dont vaccinate, just do they can convince themselves of why they should?  Or are they really concerned and looking for advice.

My best friend who is almost done pharmacy school keeps getting vaccines and doesnt bother READING about them.  She knows how important this issue is for me and I feel like she is taunting me almost with her, "I just got this vaccine and Im having ___ reaction."  First it was the flu shot... she got a terrible infection for months afterward (much worse than the flu) and swore she would never get that vax again.  Now its the stupid typhoid fever vaccine ("because Im going to Mexico and its recommended, but I said no to the Hep A vaccine, thats a self-limiting illness anyways and doesnt even lead to Hep.  I dont know why theres a vaccine for it.") and then she had a reaction where her whole arm is sore and shes complaining to me. 

I sent her the link to the package insert, as well as VAERS results showing the risks of the vaccine.  Then a link to the FDA stating that VAERS probably only has 1-10% of the actual events being reported to it.  Its really hilarious that there is a vaccine.  The risks of the vaccine FAR outweigh the minute chance of actually getting typhoid fever.  Its just hilarious.  And no one bothers looking into this stuff.  Its terrifying.  I mean, shes going to have an f-ing PharmD soon and she doesn't even know how to look this stuff up IN ADVANCE?

How do you guys handle this?  Its incredibly annoying!!!  It makes me want to have no friends that vax!!  Too bad I dont know anyone who doesnt!!  

I'm almost seven years into this, so I've mellowed somewhat. In the beginning, I was all up for debate and discussion about why people (ie. friends, relatives) made the choices they did.

Now, it's basically "to each, her own." I've found that it's just better to say, "I'd rather not discuss this" when asked point blank and I let bait-type comments ("My doctor said it's going to be the worst year ever for flu," "My daughter had a fever for five days after her MMR," etc.) pass without comment. 

I even have an online friend who regularly posts things like "anti-vax myths busted with science!" and "why all parents and carers should get a pertussis booster," on her social networking page. I never bite. No, thanks. 

Honestly, it depends on how close we are as friends. I have good friends who have made very different choices to what I have--vaxing, circing, you name it. These topics are off-limits because  to discuss them would just jeopardize the friendship. On the other hand if they are just acquaintances or family friends etc., I'd have to ask myself why I want to be around them if they keep pestering me about my parenting. It's not my job to educate the world, change peoples' mind, whatever. If someone comes to me in good faith asking for a different perspective and wants to be pointed in the direction of some info, I'll oblige. But if it's just pot-stirring and challenging, well, I have better things to do with my time.

And I also have about three or four friends IRL who do not vax and about a half dozen online buddies as well, so I don't feel frustrated or isolated.

BenimBebek likes this.

Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   9.5 years old; DS  6 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?

#27 of 30 Old 10-22-2011, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by japonica View Post

Now, it's basically "to each, her own." I've found that it's just better to say, "I'd rather not discuss this" when asked point blank and I let bait-type comments ("My doctor said it's going to be the worst year ever for flu," "My daughter had a fever for five days after her MMR," etc.) pass without comment. 

Yeah this is how I am.  Its the only way I have found to survive.  Im fb friends with so many MDs now that all my HS friends are finishing the graduate education.  So I see tons of pro-vax stuff.  I will post some articles if they are from "main stream" sources and pose questions about their accuracy.  Sometimes I will post a link to a journal article.  Just so people see there are two sides and they have options.  But I have yet to try and convince someone.  If asked why, I now just say the same thing every time, "I heard there were some questionable ingredients in them.  So, I spent 80 hours a week for a year researching this and another 2 years reading every night at least one peer-review journal article.  I had unrestricted access to pubmed and almost all its catalougued journals.  I have personally reviewed every single individual disease for the risk rate vs. the risk of the vaccine.  I found every single one to carry a higher risk of what the CDC considers "serious" adverse reactions than the risk of a child in the US has of getting a VPD, let alone being harmed long term by one.  So, if you would like to look at my excel spreadsheets, I'd be happy to share them.  I can tell you, I'm 100% sure I made the right decision."  Usually after that they say sure, and never bring it up again and continue to vaccinate their kids.  

BeckyBird and Bokonon like this.
#28 of 30 Old 10-23-2011, 07:38 AM

Rainy229 likes this.
#29 of 30 Old 10-23-2011, 09:29 AM

can I see your spreadsheets?  I would love to see what you've come up with.

Quote:

Yeah this is how I am.  Its the only way I have found to survive.  Im fb friends with so many MDs now that all my HS friends are finishing the graduate education.  So I see tons of pro-vax stuff.  I will post some articles if they are from "main stream" sources and pose questions about their accuracy.  Sometimes I will post a link to a journal article.  Just so people see there are two sides and they have options.  But I have yet to try and convince someone.  If asked why, I now just say the same thing every time, "I heard there were some questionable ingredients in them.  So, I spent 80 hours a week for a year researching this and another 2 years reading every night at least one peer-review journal article.  I had unrestricted access to pubmed and almost all its catalougued journals.  I have personally reviewed every single individual disease for the risk rate vs. the risk of the vaccine.  I found every single one to carry a higher risk of what the CDC considers "serious" adverse reactions than the risk of a child in the US has of getting a VPD, let alone being harmed long term by one.  So, if you would like to look at my excel spreadsheets, I'd be happy to share them.  I can tell you, I'm 100% sure I made the right decision."  Usually after that they say sure, and never bring it up again and continue to vaccinate their kids.  

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
#30 of 30 Old 10-23-2011, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Im out of the country and dont have all my research.  a lot is handwritten anyway, but I do have one saved online!  i extracted all data from WHO VPD 2009

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmBuywjpb6NZdGljSlJETWhLSDJ1ODE0ZGl6RlNjb3c&hl=en_US#gid=1

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page