getting titers?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-25-2011, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

so for those that don't vax, do you ever check to see which diseases you child has a natural immunity to? I am wonder if that is a good thing to do if in public school, as my ds will have to stay home and be quarantined if there is any outbreak of a VPD...But if i can proove he is immune he may not have to be home, although talking to the school nurse 1 or 2 cases isn't considered an outbreak so he wouldn't have to stay home for that, but would for a larger outbreak...

TIA

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#2 of 3 Old 06-25-2011, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Yes, if you have the money and your kids can handle the blood draws, it is worth doing. Be sure to find out which diseases proof of immunity is accepted for. It's not everything. I think just measles, mumps, rubella, and chickenpox. I'm pretty sure pertussis proof of immunity is not accepted. And all this will depend on state law.

If your doctor won't order the tests, you can order them yourself through http://www.directlabs.com/

#3 of 3 Old 06-27-2011, 06:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

While I can understand wanting to do this to plicate the school authorities, I don't see it's worth the expense because the information is pretty much useless in terms of health and well being. I personally believe that high antibody counts merely shows that a body has a large amount of certain virus and bacteria stored in the body, which could be termed that it is in a diseased state. I actually don't believe in the immune system at all, I understand the body to have a healing support system and the symptoms of so called disease are the indications a body is in a healing phase. The body stores the "program" in its memory cells.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page