Hep B related--what should I do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-01-2011, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

I think I already know the answer, but I wanted to run this dilemma by you.

I have 2 kids--DS 8, fully vaxxed, and DD 18months, not vaxxed at all. So, in August, I have been invited to a party for some family friends. They are out of state, about 4 hours away. There is a person there who has Hepatitis B, and almost died from it. A close family friend, who will most likely come in contact with the baby. This person, from what I've heard, still has to take medication, so I assume might still be contagious? I don't know.

So, would I be stupid to drive all the way there, and possibly expose us all to HepB? I don't know if I've been vaccinated for it, and I know my DD has not. I believe my son had the vax, but nothing is 100%!  Or, am I falling into a trap of fear, because let's face it--you never know who might have a disease. We could be in contact with diseases every day, and never know it. This person claims to have gotten it from construction work, so it might be easier than I thought to transmit!

I feel so guilty for thinking this, but it worries me as a mother. Part of me wants to let my DD grow a little more, to have a stronger immune system, before I take her to visit. That's probably what I'll do. I guess I just wanted to talk this over with other nonvaxxing moms, to see what you would do in a similar situation.

P.S. I'm not interested in the vaccine....lol!

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-01-2011, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

"The hepatitis B virus can be spread when blood, semen, or another body fluid that is infected with the hepatitis B virus enters the body of an uninfected person. Among the common methods of transmitting hepatitis B are unsafe sexual practices and sharing contaminated needles. Transmission of the virus may also occur when an infected woman transfers the disease to her baby during childbirth."

source: http://hepatitis.emedtv.com/hepatitis-b/hepatitis-b-transmission.html

I would ask how your construction worker friend caught that disease from work.  

I have never heard of casual Hep B transmission through sneezing or coughing. If your friend cuts him/herself and bleeds, then you or your family member put an open wound of yours on it and have blood to blood contact, then yes, you can catch hep b that way... are you likely to do that? 

#3 of 7 Old 07-15-2011, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Your friend caught it from doing construction work and I have a friend who got HIV from fighting.  Ya right.  Didn't have anything to do with the strippers he used to sleep with on a regular basis.

You catch Hep B the same way you catch HIV.  Blood, Semen, bodily fluids from one person entering the other.

#4 of 7 Old 07-15-2011, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

No worries Becky - unless your children will be having sex or shooting up with this person (NOT!)  then you are good to go!!  

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#5 of 7 Old 07-15-2011, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

Haha, you ladies crack me up! He's actually a friend of my mother's, our family friend, and she told me that he used to "party" back in the good ol' days. Who knows?

So, this is my own thread, I know, but I found some interesting articles. There might need to be a further investigation on the transmission of HepB through sweat. http://www.medpagetoday.com/InfectiousDisease/Hepatitis/5166 Hepatitis B found in sweat of Olympic wrestlers.

In theory, if this is true, then sweaty/bloody construction workers could pass infection to one another. 

I think I'll go to the party, and stop letting fear rule my life lol! Thanks for the responses too orngtongue.gif

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#6 of 7 Old 07-15-2011, 04:55 PM

#7 of 7 Old 07-16-2011, 08:20 PM

Better safe than sorry smile.gif

Crunchy Christian mama to my home birthed, unvaxed, uncirc boys Shane and Cody!!joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page