WA exemption law - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-09-2011, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

we just moved to Olympia and our school district told me I couldn't register until the end of the month.  which was apparently the wrong information AND I just found out about this new law for vax exemptions. of course.  Had I gotten the right info. we would have been done and ready to go (we moved here last month) but now I need to follow the new law guidelines. 

Since we just moved we don't have a WA lic. family doctor and I don't have any RNP nurse-type friends to sign off on this form.  Our new insurance (group health) won't allow us to go to a naturopath until we've already seen a reg. MD for the same issues.   

Can someone brainstorm with me? I don't want to blindly call a dr and have them be totally anti-vax, but I have to get this done by the end of the month. It can be signed by a MD/DO/ND/AP/RNP.  I have no clue about the area, what cheapy options I have, etc. I'm overwhelmed as it is with just unpacking and keeping the kiddos busy. 

Thanks for any ideas/help!

#2 of 3 Old 08-09-2011, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Does the school district have an ARNP? If so, you could increase your odds of her agreeing to meet with you by saying you are on the fence, so she'll have some hope of possibly converting you.

Here's an ARNP who is about 30 minutes from you.

http://fircreekpeds.com/

It looks like she takes most insurance, and it looks like she is vaccine-choice friendly.

#3 of 3 Old 08-09-2011, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

thanks. 

I might just try and find a dr. in our insurance group and see if they can just help me.  Does anyone have any feedback regarding these two doctors? 

Davis, Bonnie J, MD family medicine
Larson, Lawrence A, DO ped and ped allergy  (my son(dkdkd (my son has allergy issues we need to explore more, so the DO might be a good fit)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page