Philosophical Waiver...where do I get it? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-15-2011, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 3 year old starts preschool next month, and I still haven't filled out her vaccination record (since she has none) or any of the other medical paperwork I need to.  Currently she has no vaccinations, and I need to know where to get a philosophical waiver to give to her school at our parent orientation next week.  What all does the waiver entail?  Do I print it from somewhere online and have her doctor sign it?  And does it work the same if I decide to get her 1 or 2 vaccinations before school starts?  I really fell behind on this and need to get everything straightened out asap.

#2 of 6 Old 08-15-2011, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightiesbabeyo View Post

My 3 year old starts preschool next month, and I still haven't filled out her vaccination record (since she has none) or any of the other medical paperwork I need to.  Currently she has no vaccinations, and I need to know where to get a philosophical waiver to give to her school at our parent orientation next week.  What all does the waiver entail?  Do I print it from somewhere online and have her doctor sign it?  And does it work the same if I decide to get her 1 or 2 vaccinations before school starts?  I really fell behind on this and need to get everything straightened out asap.

I can't really be helpful unless I know what state you are in!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 6 Old 08-15-2011, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Michigan

#4 of 6 Old 08-15-2011, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

MCL § 333.9215 (2007) (2) A child is exempt from this part if a parent, guardian, or person in loco parentis of the child presents a written statement to the administrator of the child's school or operator of the group program to the effect that the requirements of this part cannot be met because of religious convictions or other objection to immunization.

Write a letter, give it to them instead of vax forms.

#5 of 6 Old 08-15-2011, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

You can use this, or you can write your own letter.

http://www.momvaccines.org/forms/vaccination-exemption.pdf

Here is the form written by the state. http://www.momvaccines.org/forms/mi-immunization-waiver.pdf You should absolutely not use this form. Read it and you'll see why.

eightiesbabeyo likes this.
#6 of 6 Old 08-15-2011, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Wow, I've seen similar forms at the pediatrician's office but never anything quite that bad! It's laughable really! I wrote a letter with my son's name, my state's exemption law and a summary of how my faith pertains to immunizations, and DH and I signed and dated it. Also there was a certificate of exemption they had here with the official data and it had a place for my son's care provider to sign, I included that. They just take it and copy it just like any other form, just need to get everything on file like they're required to.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page