Would you purposefully expose your children to chicken pox? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 12-06-2011, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I selectively vax and I would purposely expose my kiddos to CP because the only other option would be to purposely expose them to the vaccine (if they don't get it by a certain age), if that makes sense.

Fortunately, my son got it the 1st month or so that he was in Kindergarten, then DD a few weeks after. A few of our friends tried really hard to get it from him (straws, water, spoons) to no avail. Which makes me really wonder what the heck do children do at school?! LOL

And also, we really lucked out with it because my kids looked totally fine except for a low grade fever and the occasional itchies. They weren't even grumpy. If that's how CP is, I'd take CP over a cold, any given day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 12-09-2011, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

To those members whose kids did not seem to contract varicella from being exposed perhaps a titer will help. It is possible that they acquired antibodies but their immune system fought off clinical infection.

#33 of 33 Old 12-13-2011, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I exposed my two girls on purpose several years ago. It was nothing. We have had numerous colds that were worse then CP! I haven't heard of it in my area since, until this week. My friend just exposed her three DC and I am desperately hoping one at least gets it so I can take my two boys over there. My little one is still a baby and while I won't purposely expose him, I will the older one and if the little one gets it, he gets it. Otherwise at least I can cross another child off my list...

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page