Article in our newspaper today saying "Experts still find vaccines are safe" ugh.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2011, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I decided not to vaccinate my kids (except for my first who received 3 doses of DTaP starting at 12 mos. old but stopped because it caused me to much anxiety everytime she got one, eventhough she never reacted to it in any way) but every time I read something like this it makes me start to doubt myself and my decision to do what I think it right for my kids....

The article said that after reviewing more than 1000 scientific articles, experts at the Institute of Medicine found the controversy over certain vaccines and autism was completely unfounded. And it also went on to say that the report did find evidence of rare vaccine-related adverse effects that can range from mild seizures to fainting. But for most of the more than 150 possible reactions studied, experts found there wasn't data to know if there is a link to vaccines. It also said a lot of parents are worried that all the vaccines that babies are supposed to have will overload their immune systems but the "experts" say that eventhough they give more vaccines than they did in previous generations that they are actually stressing the immune system LESS!! ?? That they can comfortable say that they are not overstressing the immune system. WTH??!! I just don't see how that COULDN'T stress the immune system.

Yes we know that the direct link to between MMR and autism has been "debunked" as they put it but it seems I can't find anything other than psuedo-science (as my brother put it) to show that they are NOT safe. I know that deep down in my heart and just plain common sense is making me stand firm in my decision to not vax my kids but does anyone else ever have doubt? I do still believe that vaccines can *trigger* autism in kids that might otherwise be fine, but I now think that the child has to already be predisposed to it.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone...I am still not vaxing my kids but just having some self doubt..... I wish that I could find a good study done by at LEAST some kind of professor or PHD in the medical field that would give me some more reassurance. I have read thru some of the PINK Book but haven't finished it yet. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2011, 01:56 PM

It is Ok to have doubts on your decision.  What is not Ok is to  make any decision in haste.  Feel free to take a break on reading articles on the subject or talking to you brother on the subject if  they  are stressing you out.  Work things out in your own time in a pressure free way.  You can always delay a vax - you cannot undo one.

I would also advise you to read on sites other than this one - both pro and anti(or non vax) if you like.  Different sites seem to talk about different issues - and it is so interesting!

If you are worried about autism, I would particularly delay until after 3 for vaxxing.  There is so little risk to delaying - and the likelihood of your child coming down with a serious VPD (not a mild one like chicken pox) is very unlikely.  

I read an interesting article on Wakefield and autism.  I am not endorsing or discrediting the article - just thought you might find it interesting.

http://www.ageofautism.com/2010/02/a-statement-from-jenny-mccarthy-jim-carrey-andrew-wakefield-scientific-censorship-and-fourteen-monke.html

Old 08-27-2011, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the interesting article. No autism in not my main worry, that is actually probably towards the bottom of my worry list with vaccines. smile.gif My oldest is almost 7yrs. old and my youngest recently turned 3yrs. old, I am not even thinking about vaxing at all but I just hate having these doubts. 

Old 08-27-2011, 08:18 AM

Ah, your first post addressed autism, so that is why I brought it up.

While VPD are rare, they are most dangerous for infants.  For a 3-7 yr old I do think it is OK to not vaccinate and let them make the decision when they are an adult.  It is their body.  Their immune systems are more formed, they weigh more, blah, blah, blah.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:40 AM

Don't under estimate common sense or your own instincts! Whether it's forcing vaccines, taking away our natural products, fluoridating our water, or genetically modifying our food, the Government and their friends seem to be on a mission to take away our rights regarding our health, and we can't trust that the studies they provide are true and accurate when there's so much at stake. The sicker and more compliant we are, the more powerful they all become. 

Sorry for the tangent, lol! Bottom line, I don't pay attention to most "Expert Studies" anymore, because I don't trust the motive behind them.

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloebelle View Post

Don't under estimate common sense or your own instincts! Whether it's forcing vaccines, taking away our natural products, fluoridating our water, or genetically modifying our food, the Government and their friends seem to be on a mission to take away our rights regarding our health, and we can't trust that the studies they provide are true and accurate when there's so much at stake. The sicker and more compliant we are, the more powerful they all become. 

Sorry for the tangent, lol! Bottom line, I don't pay attention to most "Expert Studies" anymore, because I don't trust the motive behind them.

nod.gif

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

Old 08-27-2011, 11:36 AM

GMO's are getting an "innocent until proven guilty" card (did the FDA miss the study on how it effects the digestive system?) and that's enough for me to not trust pretty much anything the gov says now....and the fact I blindly trusted vax and my DD had several reactions and went through hell the first year of her life...

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

Old 08-27-2011, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)

Chloebelle, thanks for that post. You're not going off on a tangent, because these issues are related. I could have written your post, but you did a much better job lol!

Thanks!

And yes, good ol' GMO's. Innocent until enough of the population is harmed, then they can be found guilty. Years later, once the damage is done, right?

All you have to do is research fluoridated water and aspartame. These are detrimental to your health, and the government is 100% responsible for unleashing them on the public (with complete knowledge of the harmful effects). From there, do your research on vaccines and GMO. Very frightening, and hard to believe. But true.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Old 08-28-2011, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)

I'm a selective vaxer and hope it's OK to post here, seeing as I'm not here to incite debate.  redface.gif

Two things:

1. What I would really love to see is a similar meta-analysis by the Cochrane Review.  Unlike the Uncle Sam eyesroll.gif, Cochrane is financially and otherwise independent from drug companies, and its researchers are quick to point out studies with conflicts of interest.  In fact, it is Cochrane research that originally debunked or at least questioned much of the mainstream flu shot dogma:

http://www2.cochrane.org/reviews/en/ab004879.html

http://www2.cochrane.org/reviews/en/ab005187.html

http://www2.cochrane.org/reviews/en/ab001269.html

http://www2.cochrane.org/reviews/en/ab004876.html

http://www2.cochrane.org/reviews/en/ab001753.html

http://www2.cochrane.org/reviews/en/ab006218.html

(Hey ladies, are you writing these links down to show to your doctor? mischievous.gif )

2. Getting back to the report referenced in the OP, I plan to read the whole thing incrementally.  Here it is for the rest of you (click on PDF or HTML format):

http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2011/Adverse-Effects-of-Vaccines-Evidence-and-Causality.aspx

Here it is in PDF on the Natural News site:

http://naturalnews.com/files/Adverse-Effects-of-Vaccines-Evidence-Causality.pdf

If you read nothing else, read the conclusion and appendices that follow.  Check out page 541:

Quote:

This report is not intended to answer the question “Are vaccines safe?” The committee
was not charged with answering that question.

Contrast that with all of the news media reports about how the NIH has declared vaccines to be "generally," "usually," or "largely" safe. headscratch.gif

My point, OP, is that it's probably not a good idea to rely on news media to give you---um, what's that word I'm looking for? Oh yea! -- NEWS. eyesroll.gif  As vaccine skeptics, we can't rely on media or even our own doctors; we need to go to the source from its origins and make our choices from there. 

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
Old 08-28-2011, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

http://www.naturalnews.com/033447_Institute_of_Medicine_vaccines.html#ixzz1WJQVoQXp

NaturalNews) The Institute of Medicine, which has long functioned as a front group for the pharmaceutical industry and receives tens of millions of dollars in annual funding from drug companies and global elitists (like Bill Gates, Ted Turner, etc.), has issued a report that declares the MMR vaccine is not linked to autism. This is now being widely reported in the conventional (controlled) media, which isn't telling you the real story behind this report.

What's the real story? That this IOM report, even though it goes out of its way to excuse vaccines and dismiss safety concerns, still openly admits thatvaccines cause measles, febrile seizures, anaphylactic shock and other potentially fatal side effects. It also admits that other vaccines are linked to a whole host of bizarre side effects, including skin lesions, difficulty breathing andlive virus infections(see complete list, below).

Furthermore, the conclusion that "vaccines do not cause autism" is erroneous, as the IOMdid not interview even a single parent of an autistic childand did not conduct a medical review of any autistic children whatsoever. Instead, the IOM claims to have reviewed thousands of vaccine paperspublished in conventional medical journals-- yes, the very same medical journals that are practically run by pharmaceutical interests and have been caught publishing "scientific" articles that were really fraudulently ghostwritten by drug company hacks. (http://www.naturalnews.com/029160_m...)

more to the article in the link..

Learn more:http://www.naturalnews.com/033447_Institute_of_Medicine_vaccines.html#ixzz1WLDfXugK

Old 08-28-2011, 09:09 PM

Thank you Emmy!

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Old 08-29-2011, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)

More on the IOM....

Ties to military and weapons manufacturers, big pHarma, junk food promoters, conflicts of interest etc, etc, etc.

http://www.naturalnews.com/033455_Institute_of_Medicine_vaccines.html

Quote:

A total Big Pharma cesspool of money, influence and quackery

Essentially, what we're looking at here with Institute of Medicine, its director, its funding sources and its laughably unscientific conclusions is an orgy of Big Pharma money and influence peddling masquerading as scientifically-grounded public health.

When the IoM recently issued its report on vaccine adverse effects, what it was essentially doing was running interference for all its financial supporters which are, of course dominated by vaccine manufacturers and dubious government organizations such as the Dept. of Health and Human Services which oversees the criminal U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

The point of all this is to spread the fabricated story that "vaccines are essentially safe" and thus there is no harm in mandating that the entire population be injected with them.

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 08-29-2011, 09:19 AM

"The point of all this is to spread the fabricated story that "vaccines are essentially safe" and thus there is no harm in mandating that the entire population be injected with them."

mermaid man.jpg

Old 09-02-2011, 11:12 AM

THANK YOU for the natural news article. My husband college prof talked this article up in class (communication class of ll things. apparently she is an ardent vaccine supporter) and he was one of the only dissenters. I assured him that the IoM could be shown the have conflict of interest due to who funds them but couldnt find the proof (just knew it was there, thats how these things pan out after all.) So thank you for posting that, I would love to see more discussion about this report!

Old 09-02-2011, 01:36 PM

Kathymuggle.....lol, I uploaded the picture from my computer orngtongue.gif 

User Tag List