Colleges and vaccines? (in CA) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-04-2011, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What vaccine requirements do colleges require?  If they require something, is there a specific exemption form I'd use?  Do colleges have their own exemption forms, etc.?  What do I need to do in order for my son to live in the dorm without receiving vaccinations first?

I was doing a search and it looks like the college will require him to have an updated tetanus shot, since they want them to have one with the past ten years and I'm pretty sure he didn't get one at age 8-which is what would make the 10 years for an 18 year old.  (I've temporarily misplaced the immunization records & can't check) 

My kids received their vaccines as babies and young children, but since then I've learned about harmful effects of them and we stopped vaccinations 8 years ago, when my oldest son was 9 yrs.  He will be going off to college in a year.  (We're starting the application process now) I would appreciate a heads up regarding the vaccine situation at college and what I need to do so he doesn't have to get any.

Thanks so much for your help and advice with this.

Beth

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Will he be attending a private college/university, or public? If public, is it a California State University, or University of California?

Old 09-04-2011, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

It is a private college. 

Old 09-04-2011, 09:54 PM

Since it's a private college, I can't give you specific information, but I am almost positive that you would be able to somehow get an exemption to all the vaccine requirements, if you wanted to.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

How would I go about getting an exemption?  Do private colleges have their own exemption forms or is there a form I can print off of the web which I would give them?

Old 09-04-2011, 10:55 PM

The college would either have their own exemption form, or you would write a letter. If you don't know what their exemption policy is, it would be safest to claim a religious exemption.

User Tag List