Looking for vaccine-friendly doctors in New Hampshire - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 09-05-2011, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband and I just had our first baby. We're not going to vaccinate our children, and our pediatrician has already told us she is going to give us a hard time about it. Does anyone know of any vaccine-friendly doctors in New Hampshire, Massachusetts or Maine? We're willing to travel for the kind of care we want our doctor to give our children.

#2 of 14 Old 09-05-2011, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

http://novaxdoctors.webs.com/

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/vaccines/find-vaccine-friendly-doctor-near-you

You can also ask in this forum http://www.mothering.com/community/f/84/vermont-new-hampshire-maine and also do a search in that forum. I found this. http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1294139/pediatrician-in-concord-nh

#3 of 14 Old 09-05-2011, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad5110 View Post

My husband and I just had our first baby. We're not going to vaccinate our children, and our pediatrician has already told us she is going to give us a hard time about it. Does anyone know of any vaccine-friendly doctors in New Hampshire, Massachusetts or Maine? We're willing to travel for the kind of care we want our doctor to give our children.

I hope you told her to her face that you were going to find another dr who respected your decision, and that her attitude cost her a patient, and no referrals to anyone for her either. 

#4 of 14 Old 09-05-2011, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

We actually weren't expecting the appointment to go the way it did. We went home and talked about it, and we're going to call her and let her know we're done with that practice. She made us feel like our opinions based on the facts we knew were unfounded and that our decision was the wrong one for our child. I can't stand doctors that belittle people.

#5 of 14 Old 09-05-2011, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for all of that information! I've been to the first 2 sites you listed.. and thank you for the others. :)

#6 of 14 Old 09-06-2011, 04:33 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad5110 View Post

We actually weren't expecting the appointment to go the way it did. We went home and talked about it, and we're going to call her and let her know we're done with that practice. She made us feel like our opinions based on the facts we knew were unfounded and that our decision was the wrong one for our child. I can't stand doctors that belittle people.

I can't stand them either.. and unfortunately, most of them are like that, i have found,  in my 24plus yrs of experience on dealing with pedi's and kids...and the amount of legit info out there to read on the subject,  i think has a few drs up in arms over patients who refuse to comply with "recommendations"...and thats all the vax schedule is-- a recommended routine of immunizations...and to question the "authority" on the issue is like saying to them, "i dont' believe what you are pushing, and i' am doing my own research about it"...is threatening to a dr who will not get kickbacks from pharma now,  because you are not vaxing. 

#7 of 14 Old 09-06-2011, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I am new to this forum as well and it is a fresh of breath air for the most part. (except for all the pro vax people who seem to want to throw in their thoughts on treads....) Anyhow, I will say I wish you luck. I have only had one pediatrician that was ok with my no vac status, didn't ask questions and still discussed things with us.

I have found a much better time with a family practice doctor who doesn't seem to rely so much on the kickbacks of vax industry. I have even been able to have some rational discussions with a few as well.

Also, since MA is such a hard state to get any kind of vax exemption, you would prob have more success with the other states.

S

DS 11

DD 6

DD 6 months

S

DS-14

DS-14      

DD-9

DD-3

"Those who are afraid retreat.
Those who are brave grow greater.
Never fear, always grow."

Sun Tzu

#8 of 14 Old 09-06-2011, 01:08 PM

We are in the Keene, NH area. I just took the kids in and had no troubles at all. The PA looked over our paperwork and said "are you a non-vaccinating family?". I asnwered yes, and that was all there was to it. We have recently moved here and it was wonderful not to have explain myself. No questions or lectures, that was it. I was soooo thankful.  I have also found a good phrase to use is "we don't vaccinate, by choice", especially when we have had to go to the ER or something. It has been enough so far.

applejuice likes this.

Mom to Izzy biggrinbounce.gif (12/04) and Violet 2whistle.gif (9/07). love.gif  saynovax.gif treehugger.gif

#9 of 14 Old 08-09-2012, 05:51 AM

Just wondering...did you ever find a vaccine friendly doctor?  If you still need one, we have one in northeastern Massachusetts (not far from NH border).  I'll send you the name by message if you like.  It took us almost 2 years to find someone who wouldn't give us a hard time and we like this one.  The don't do cart wheels about our decision, but they do respect our choices and are not pushy.  We were asked to leave 4 other practices before finding this one. 

#10 of 14 Old 11-25-2012, 07:16 AM

Hi - You mentioned that you have the name of a vax-friendly doctor in NE Massachusetts? Can you please send me the information because I really am having trouble finding a doctor for my son and we just moved here.

#11 of 14 Old 04-08-2013, 05:22 PM

We got to Whole Life Health Care in Newington, NH (near Portsmouth). They have been great about no vaxing!

We had been belittled and pressured by many of the local peds, but we have not experienced that with WLHC. It's been nice.

applejuice likes this.
#12 of 14 Old 07-27-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of twins View Post

Just wondering...did you ever find a vaccine friendly doctor?  If you still need one, we have one in northeastern Massachusetts (not far from NH border).  I'll send you the name by message if you like.  It took us almost 2 years to find someone who wouldn't give us a hard time and we like this one.  The don't do cart wheels about our decision, but they do respect our choices and are not pushy.  We were asked to leave 4 other practices before finding this one. 

could you message a me where you go for a doctor? im in southern nh

applejuice likes this.
#13 of 14 Old 07-27-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish View Post

We are in the Keene, NH area. I just took the kids in and had no troubles at all. The PA looked over our paperwork and said "are you a non-vaccinating family?". I asnwered yes, and that was all there was to it. We have recently moved here and it was wonderful not to have explain myself. No questions or lectures, that was it. I was soooo thankful.  I have also found a good phrase to use is "we don't vaccinate, by choice", especially when we have had to go to the ER or something. It has been enough so far.

New here and can't pm yet but if you see this can you give me the name of the Dr? We are moving to that area next week. Thanks!
#14 of 14 Old 08-26-2013, 07:12 PM

I'm also looking for someone in NH. I am in Claremont but will travel to keene, leb, vt, ect.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page