VAX THE CHILDREN OR BE DENIED STATE AID???? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 12-21-2011, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamayogibear View Post

I totally forgot I had my dd vaxed until she was one when I came to my senses. My son on the other hand I have not vaxed at all.. How can I still use the religious exemption??? Should I say I converted or is that none of their business? Thanks a million if anyone gets this before tomorrow at noon!

yes you can use it because you can find religion at any time in your life, causing a person to live differently due to their faith.   They CANNOT question the religion per The Constitution. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 12-21-2011, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

yes you can use it because you can find religion at any time in your life, causing a person to live differently due to their faith.   They CANNOT question the religion per The Constitution. 

awesome that's what I was hoping to hear:)

be good family...

#33 of 38 Old 12-22-2011, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

#34 of 38 Old 12-22-2011, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Just wanted to update that it was so simple! The worker asked if I had the vaccine records for my kids and when I begain to say well no, he said  I'll get  a form for that. It was just a basic statement that I filled out and wrote 'I choose not to immunize my kids for religious reasons as protected by my first amendment rights' Thanks for the advice and helping me not be a nervous wreck! You ladies are awesome!

be good family...

#35 of 38 Old 12-23-2011, 07:14 AM

Yay glad it went well!

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#36 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 09:59 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I just saw it and wanted to respond. It is my understanding that Colorado does allow the 3 different exceptions, BUT that is only for school. To receive TANF you needed the immunization records. The state will allow religious and medical exemption, but they require documentation from clergy or your Dr.. The worker showed me the guidelines and commented that it was different for schools, because I was quick to note the difference, so I assume she was correct...

#37 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madis81 View Post

I know this is an old thread, but I just saw it and wanted to respond. It is my understanding that Colorado does allow the 3 different exceptions, BUT that is only for school. To receive TANF you needed the immunization records. The state will allow religious and medical exemption, but they require documentation from clergy or your Dr.. The worker showed me the guidelines and commented that it was different for schools, because I was quick to note the difference, so I assume she was correct...

You need the *records*, not the shots.  A vax record is a form of identification for children, but it doesn't have to list any shots on it.

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

#38 of 38 Old 02-21-2012, 03:29 PM

Some states allow for medical exemption, and others allow for Religious/philosophical exemption.  The AMA is trying to remove the religions/philosophical exemptions as an option.  Let your congress people know that you don't want them interfering in your ability to raise healthy children.

Tags
Vaccinations

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page