vaccinating and green cart - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-29-2011, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! My name is Olya, I'm from Russia. Now I'm living in Redmond, WA since last november (1 year). Sorry for my english - it's not very well. I have son, he is 21m. He has not any vaccinations. My husband works in Microsoft, he has a works visa. So in few next years we may receive greencart, but we will must to do inoculations for our son. I don't want to do this. Have I any choices? May be anybody knows what can I do to avoid vaccinations? It will be great =)

Thank you!

#2 of 6 Old 11-29-2011, 04:04 PM

You can request a waiver of the vaccination requirement based on something like " religion or deeply held moral convictions."  You will probably want to get help drafting that from an immigration lawyer. 

mother of 2, wife, daughter, lawyer, toddler wearing, extended breastfeeding, ec-ing, water birthing....

#3 of 6 Old 11-30-2011, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!

It's not working(( Because I must to show proofs from priest, but we don't visit any churches..

What is "immigration lawyer"? Where can I find him?

#4 of 6 Old 12-01-2011, 04:36 PM

I don't think that you have to attend church for that to work.  You can find an immigration lawyer in your area at aila.org  Good luck.

mother of 2, wife, daughter, lawyer, toddler wearing, extended breastfeeding, ec-ing, water birthing....

#5 of 6 Old 12-01-2011, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you very mach! =) We will try!

#6 of 6 Old 12-16-2011, 07:26 PM

i dont know if you are still here but i live in washington too! welcome to the rainy state! i love it here and am very grateful that we have all three vaccination exemptions. i dont think you will have much trouble getting out of vaccinating! dont let anybody try to convince you otherwise! like saralm said, getting a lawyer is a great idea.

i have a 5 month old baby girl who is also unvaccinated. sadly i cant speak russian. aber ich kann ein bisschen Deutsch sprechen! it would be cool to become friends. i dont know any non-vaccinating mothers other than my cousin, who is due to have her first baby any day now!

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page