Austrailan Gov'to deny tax credits to those not vaxing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-30-2011, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just saw this (copied below)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-25/immunise-or-lose-benefits-parents-told/3694236

This is crazy! It's in Australia.

Immunise or lose benefits, parents told

Updated November 25, 2011 16:02:18

Parents who do not have their children fully immunised will be stripped of family tax benefits under a scheme announced by the Federal Government.

The Government says 11 per cent of five-year-olds are not immunised and has announced a shake-up of the system which will take effect from July 1 next year.

Under the changes, families who refuse vaccinations face losing up to $2,100 per child in benefits.

Families will need to have their children fully immunised to receive the Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A end-of-year supplement.

A new immunisation check will be introduced for one-year-olds to supplement the existing immunisation checks at two and five years of age.

The FTB supplement, worth $726 per child each year, will now only be paid once a child is fully immunised at these checks.

Families are already required to have their child fully immunised to receive Child Care Benefit and the Child Care Rebate.

Children will also be required for the first time to be vaccinated against meningococcal C, pneumococcal and chicken pox.

Children will also be immunised against measles, mumps and rubella earlier, at 18 months instead of the current four years of age.

Health Minister Nicola Roxon is also announcing today a new campaign to advise parents and healthcare providers on what they can do to protect babies from whooping cough.

All parents of newborns will receive letters providing information on immunising against whooping cough and how to identify the disease and prevent it spreading.

"We know that immunisation is fundamental to a child's lifelong health and that's why we want to make sure children are immunised at the right time," Ms Roxon said.

The Government says the changes will deliver savings of $209.1 million over four years.

grouphug.gifPenny4them  
Blessed WAH wife and mama to my happy brood jumpers.gif Dd1(7/01) Dd2(10/02) Ds (6/09) CDing & ECing works! No Circ, Make it yourself or buy something Handmade! mdcblog5.gif 

#2 of 8 Old 11-30-2011, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry, I just edited my title--- to Australia, not US.

grouphug.gifPenny4them  
Blessed WAH wife and mama to my happy brood jumpers.gif Dd1(7/01) Dd2(10/02) Ds (6/09) CDing & ECing works! No Circ, Make it yourself or buy something Handmade! mdcblog5.gif 

#3 of 8 Old 11-30-2011, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)

Australia Says Immunize Children or Lose Tax Benefits - But There's a Way Out

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#4 of 8 Old 11-30-2011, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)

If this happens in the US, well I guess we'll lose our benefits then. This push for ultimate compliance is actually helping to wake people up. The harder they push, the more people will question.

So sorry for Australia, and I do hope this policy will change. How sad.

Also, this seems like the end of health freedom. Will it end at vaccines? If you are on state medical care, will you be forced to accept their treatment? Or face losing benefits altogether? This is just the beginning, folks. Even if you love vaccines, you should be concerned with this loss of freedom.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#5 of 8 Old 11-30-2011, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Will there at least be a religious exemption?

#6 of 8 Old 11-30-2011, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2two View Post

Will there at least be a religious exemption?

See my link about, there is a way out. Australia has a conscientious objection to vaccinations.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#7 of 8 Old 11-30-2011, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

See my link about, there is a way out. Australia has a conscientious objection to vaccinations.

Yeah, the news articles are misleading really. There is still the option for conscientious objection which is already the case. So nothing is going to change really.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#8 of 8 Old 12-01-2011, 01:59 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm so NOT surprised that they scream the "NO vaxes, no money," headline but then refuse to mention conscientious objections.

I'm in Australia. Both of my children have CO forms, signed by our GP, on file with the government. We did receive the Child Tax Benefit until my DH started making too much and we were disqualified. 

Media and government here do their best to keep the CO thing quiet. They don't want people to know that they can opt out.

I also had a ER doctor tell me, all huffy, "I have a duty to inform you that with your children unvaccinated, they will not be allowed to attend school anywhere in this state."

I said, "Really? My daughter has never had a vaccination and has been enrolled in three schools now. Funny that."

Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   9.5 years old; DS  6 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page