I need 2 book suggestions... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-05-2011, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking to buy two books.....

-a book that goes through each VAD, and gives the who what when where why of the disease, and info on the vax and risks of the vax

-a book that will tell me how to deal with a VAD if we happen to get one

Thanks for your help!  We recently got kicked out our doctors practice because he just realized we don't vax.  That was after two years of both my kids seeing him (not for well child visits obviously).  So I am looking to spruce up my vax knowledge again just in case we have to a new doctor.

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 06:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would recommend the CDC Pink book http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/index.html#chapters you can order it or download it and print it for free (well paper and ink)and check out your library.I found this book at mine Vaccine safety Manual for Concerned Families and Practitioners it went through shot by shot. 

The Pink Book is definitely pro vax, but it has all the laws the Doctors are supposed to do, who shouldn't get the shot, reactions, and symptoms and how to treat and diagnose it. Plus if you are referring to that, a doctor can't say you are just looking up stuff on the internet, it's their "bible" well so to speak.

Done with diapers!!

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List