New Person watching DD - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 12-15-2011, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DD is 19 months old and has never been in daycare. My SIL watched her until a few months ago and now my friends little sister watches her a few hours a day. Next month she will be going to a friend of my mines house when I'm working she has a DS and she will be watching 1 or 2 other kids. I am wondering if i should tell her that i do not vaccinate? I actually don't know her views on this subject. My Mother introduced us and we haven't really hung out that much so it has never really come up. I'm scared if i tell her she wont want to watch my DD but I'm scared not to tell her and if she finds out and thinks I'm a bad person for not telling her? Please help.Rainbow.gif

Mommy to DDROTFLMAO.gif.belly.gif Expecting #2 end of May waterbirth.jpg!! Married to wonderful DHpartners.gif.dust.gifRainbow.gif

#2 of 15 Old 12-16-2011, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I wouldn't say anything if i were you...if the subject comes up, then tell her what she wants to know.  And it was her job to find out in the first place about vax status of the children she is caring for, if she is really that interested in it..... its not your job to inform her of your child's vax status upon employing her.  Is this a legit daycare or just someone's house?  It's not like your child is a walking disease ridden toddler...unlike vaxed children who shed afterwards.   

member234098 and Xerxella like this.
#3 of 15 Old 12-16-2011, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you. That is pretty much how I feel. Its just someones house not a daycare. I don't feel like she would care the subject just hasn't come up so I'm unsure of her feelings.

Mommy to DDROTFLMAO.gif.belly.gif Expecting #2 end of May waterbirth.jpg!! Married to wonderful DHpartners.gif.dust.gifRainbow.gif

#4 of 15 Old 12-16-2011, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I agree....if she asks, then you tell her, but if she doesn't ask then I wouldnt volunteer it.

member234098 likes this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#5 of 15 Old 12-20-2011, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Tell her.

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#6 of 15 Old 12-20-2011, 03:45 PM

If she asks, tell her.

caffix.gif

#7 of 15 Old 12-20-2011, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

These threads are really putting me off daycare. I'm grateful for the honesty some of you display regarding your intent to be dishonest, it's opened my eyes. Whether you accept it or not, you're contributing to public health crises. We'd still have polio epidemics in this country if you all were born in another era.

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#8 of 15 Old 12-20-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie8681 View Post

These threads are really putting me off daycare. I'm grateful for the honesty some of you display regarding your intent to be dishonest, it's opened my eyes. Whether you accept it or not, you're contributing to public health crises. We'd still have polio epidemics in this country if you all were born in another era.

Your remarks are completely inappropriate for this forum, not to mention unfounded.

Is there a polio public health crisis that I am unaware of?

I have no responsibility to inform anyone about that which they don't ask.  It's not lying.  Do you inform everyone you come into contact with when the last time you were immunized was?  Are you up to date on your booster shots?  Most adults are not, including most physicians.

Xerxella, BeckyBird and MamaKiara like this.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#9 of 15 Old 12-20-2011, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Katie, just wondering--do you inform people if your child has been recently vaccinated with a live virus vaccine? Because theoretically, your child's vaccine can shed and infect others, especially an unvaccinated child. Or a newborn who has not had the full series of vaccines. Something to think about.

In the back of my mind, at family gatherings, I always wonder which little niece or nephew had just been vaccinated. Of course, I don't ask, because I assume that everywhere I go, there are little shedding kids about. Any playground, restaurant, shopping center, etc. Freshly vaccinated kids all over the place. Yet the unvaccinated kids are the only ones who are demonized. It makes no sense!

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#10 of 15 Old 12-21-2011, 04:44 AM

Quote:

a legit daycare would legally have to know the vax status of the child...a private provider does not, and has the discretion to exclude any child he/she doesn't want in their home. 

Your remarks about polio display your inadequate research about the disease.  And i WAS born in another era where the live oral vaccine CAUSED polio in a certain amount of individuals, which is why they don't use it here anymore...they use it over in africa to perpetuate the illness. 

BeckyBird likes this.
#11 of 15 Old 12-21-2011, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

a legit daycare would legally have to know the vax status of the child...a private provider does not, and has the discretion to exclude any child he/she doesn't want in their home. 

Your remarks about polio display your inadequate research about the disease.  And i WAS born in another era where the live oral vaccine CAUSED polio in a certain amount of individuals, which is why they don't use it here anymore...they use it over in africa to perpetuate the illness. 

Wait- are you saying that the OPV is being used in Africa to deliberately keep the illness endemic?

#12 of 15 Old 12-21-2011, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Wow - you must be fun at parties. Do you volunteer every single thing about your entire family's (including yourself and your husband) vaccine status and medical history to every single person you meet...at the grocery store, at the playground, at playgroups, at the doctor's office? No? well then you must be a big fat liar like the rest of us. I mean if you feel a bit under the weather and have just run out to the grocery store to pick something up do you inform every person there that you are potentially infectious with something... a brewing cold perhaps...no? well shame on you.

Not volunteering personal medical information when NOT asked about it is not being dishonest. I don't see anyone responding to this thread advocating outright lying to a daycare provider....perhaps you need to reread it and adjust your overly judgemetal response, or perhaps you need reconsider posting in the NOT VACCINATING FORUM.

Quote:

BeckyBird likes this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#13 of 15 Old 12-21-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post

Wait- are you saying that the OPV is being used in Africa to deliberately keep the illness endemic?

thats my opinion on it...

BeckyBird likes this.
#14 of 15 Old 12-21-2011, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post

My opinion as well.  A conclusion based on facts and evidence. I've spoken at length about why I feel this way, so if anyone new would like to know why, please PM me. I don't have the time to get into another huge population control debate until after Christmas (too busy lol).

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#15 of 15 Old 12-24-2011, 03:17 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)

Just a reminder that this forum is for "I'm not Vaccinating" folks to discuss their concerns and share advice and information. Any pro versus con discussion about vaccinations in general should go to the main Vaccinations forum.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page